OT: Official TV & Movie Spoiler/Speculation/Rumor Thread-See Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Finally finished season 2 of Daredevil. So freaking good. This is by far my favorite series to watch right now. I was skeptical about the Elektra/Hand storyline....but it worked well. Ninjas are so much fun. Some didn't like the Karen stuff....but I didn't mind it. Foggy is kinda boring and blah, but now there will be a link with Jessica Jones.

And please for the love of god....Punisher needs to return or get his own series. Jon Bernthal just owned that role. The stuff with him and Vincent d'Onofrio was fantastic.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Killer (heh) episode of Game of Thrones last night.

Looks like we're getting the Tower of Joy and R+L=J next week. Has a fan theory that significant ever turned out to be true before?

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
This was my wive after that last shot...

dgs4e3x.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I must admit, I said in a loudish voice, 'hell yeah'....

Anyone else see Enzo Amore on Payback last night? Like Craig on Deebo....

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Pretty much the same for me. Even rewatched the episode today which I normally don't do (as I save the rewatch for blurays). Based on the previews sounds like next weeks epsidoe will have the Tower of Joy sequence.

From book 1:
And now it begins,†said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

“No,†Ned said with sadness in his voice. “Now it ends."

100% the Tower of Joy scene next week

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

From book 1:

100% the Tower of Joy scene next week

Well maybe not 100%, heh. Episode 3 felt like it went so fast with as many story lines that it did.

The Umbers in the books were basically hard core on Team Rob Stark so is pretty weird them serving up Rickon unless this is all part of the Grand Northern Conspiracy theory.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Well maybe not 100%, heh. Episode 3 felt like it went so fast with as many story lines that it did.

The Umbers in the books were basically hard core on Team Rob Stark so is pretty weird them serving up Rickon unless this is all part of the Grand Northern Conspiracy theory.

I'm holding out hope for the GNC. Seems pretty convenient that Smalljon kinda weaseled his way out of swearing fealty, allowing him to betray Ramsey later without sacrificing his honor. Also, a lot of people think the head was too small to be Shaggydog. Really hope Shaggy's not dead, it sucks watching the direwolves all die or disappear.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'm holding out hope for the GNC. Seems pretty convenient that Smalljon kinda weaseled his way out of swearing fealty, allowing him to betray Ramsey later without sacrificing his honor. Also, a lot of people think the head was too small to be Shaggydog. Really hope Shaggy's not dead, it sucks watching the direwolves all die or disappear.

Yeah Bolton Sr. would not let that Umber not swear but its Ramsey now.

I might have posted this in some form previously but here is a link that leads to details on the grand northern conspiracy theory.

http://winteriscoming.net/2016/05/09/game-of-thrones-theorycrafting-the-grand-northern-conspiracy/

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Would you guys agree that Marvel is kicking DC's butt at the moment? Batman V Superman is a dud while Captain America: Civil War is a stud. Before that there was Man of Steel vs Marvel Avengers, Deadpool has been a surprise hit for Marvel, and so on and so forth.

The only area where DC still dominates is in animation. The Justice League series was superior to Marvels Avengers:EMH. DC Animated Movies, which come out every 3 months or so, are pretty good for the most part, while Marvel did so poorly in that area that they don't release any animated movies any more.

Only hope I see for DC is maybe the Justice League movie that comes out next year (although its being directed by Dan Snyder :shakehead) and possibly the Wonder Woman movie coming out next year too. But right now, Marvel is definetly the king of the mountain.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I haven't bothered to see a Marvel movie in theaters since Iron Man 3, and I only saw Avengers 2 on a plane. Marvel has way oversaturated the superhero movie market. I know Deadpool is the comic book hipster superhero, but who the **** cares about the parade of C and D list superheroes they're trotting out? Antman? Doctor Strange? Black Panther? The 50th Spiderman reboot of our lifetime?

They need to stop. Roll it back to no more than one movie per year.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Would you guys agree that Marvel is kicking DC's butt at the moment? Batman V Superman is a dud while Captain America: Civil War is a stud. Before that there was Man of Steel vs Marvel Avengers, Deadpool has been a surprise hit for Marvel, and so on and so forth.

The only area where DC still dominates is in animation. The Justice League series was superior to Marvels Avengers:EMH. DC Animated Movies, which come out every 3 months or so, are pretty good for the most part, while Marvel did so poorly in that area that they don't release any animated movies any more.

Only hope I see for DC is maybe the Justice League movie that comes out next year (although its being directed by Dan Snyder :shakehead) and possibly the Wonder Woman movie coming out next year too. But right now, Marvel is definetly the king of the mountain.

I saw SvB again and actually enjoyed it more the 2nd time because I wasn't in over analysis mode. As a huge movie buff, I have a habit of doing that sometimes.

That said it just reaffirmed that Civil War wasn't just better than SvB, but one of the best Superhero movies of all IMO.

DC isn't in a bad place, they just need some tweaks. Marvel has embraced the humor side of these movies to take the otherwise dark edge off the stories and keep them really fun. DC is trying to go dark and I think it's hurting them.

ZACK Snyder (not Dan) is a good director. Gods only know what some stupid studio heads are doing to his final creations...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I haven't bothered to see a Marvel movie in theaters since Iron Man 3, and I only saw Avengers 2 on a plane. Marvel has way oversaturated the superhero movie market. I know Deadpool is the comic book hipster superhero, but who the **** cares about the parade of C and D list superheroes they're trotting out? Antman? Doctor Strange? Black Panther? The 50th Spiderman reboot of our lifetime?

They need to stop. Roll it back to no more than one movie per year.

The market disagrees.

The new Spiderman was fantastic IMO and Paul Rudd as Antman, superb comic relief.

You're either a comic book fan or you're not (seems you're not). If you are, you have no issue with some of the stuff coming out and how often. Doc Strange is a great character in Marvel. Combine that with Cumberbatch as a great actor and some of his supporting cast, I expect another hit movie. Black Panther was AWESOME in Civil War, and Deadpool....if you can't get past calling them C and D listers, it's probably time best to not watch any of them.

Maybe more Twilights and Harry Potters are your thing? ;)

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Finally saw "The Force Awakens" Initial reaction: Haven't I seen this before? Overall reaction: "meh". Not great, not terrible, just recycled material. Another friggin Death Star? Opening crawl was weak, how about a little info on what's happened since the Battle Of Endor? Nope, just Luke's missing and now there's this group called the First Order. Captain Phasma? Reminded me of Darth Maul, lots of hype and intrigue, very little screen time (and get captured pretty easily). Rey learns about the Force and then goes on to best Darth Emo? The guy stops a laser bolt at the beginning for crying out loud.......And General Hux, how old was supposed to be? Looked like he as 18-25

I'll have to give it another go, but overall, just a feeling of "been there, done that"

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Finally saw "The Force Awakens" Initial reaction: Haven't I seen this before? Overall reaction: "meh". Not great, not terrible, just recycled material. Another friggin Death Star? Opening crawl was weak, how about a little info on what's happened since the Battle Of Endor? Nope, just Luke's missing and now there's this group called the First Order. Captain Phasma? Reminded me of Darth Maul, lots of hype and intrigue, very little screen time (and get captured pretty easily). Rey learns about the Force and then goes on to best Darth Emo? The guy stops a laser bolt at the beginning for crying out loud.......And General Hux, how old was supposed to be? Looked like he as 18-25

I'll have to give it another go, but overall, just a feeling of "been there, done that"

Definitely not original. At some point they have to stop milking the teat of nostalgia.

Still solid, but not great.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Last episode of Games of Thrones.....what an ending.....WOW.

Awesome imagery standing in fire...
I started watching from the start a few weeks ago. Up to season 3. No idea why I never got into this show full bore years ago. Im watching this current season not knowing every detail of the history, so watching both is kinda fun.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I started watching from the start a few weeks ago. Up to season 3. No idea why I never got into this show full bore years ago. Im watching this current season not knowing every detail of the history, so watching both is kinda fun.

Great series, even better books. Well, at least the first 4 IMO.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Do yourself a favor and read the books (provided Martin ever gets around to FINSHING them :rant:) before watching the TV series. Books are are a 1000X better than the pretty boy/pretty girl TV series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad