OT: Official TV & Movie Spoiler/Speculation/Rumor Thread-See Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
The first 3 books were fantastic. The last 2 were significantly less so IMO. The structure of the last 2 was absurd and the pace was glacial.

I'm very happy the show has moved on from the books though.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
The first 3 books were fantastic. The last 2 were significantly less so IMO. The structure of the last 2 was absurd and the pace was glacial.

I'm very happy the show has moved on from the books though.

I thought book 4 was pretty good. Book 5, though, was long and meandering, with all the pace of a George Lucas prequel. Hope he reverts to form with Book 6.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The books are hard to get into for some IMO, because for fantasy, it's extremely "low magic". It's like a good political story with swords and spies, and a hint of magic.

Agree, 1-4, loved, 5, tough to get through.

I'm back reading Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, big fan.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
X-Men: Apocalypse getting panned. Ba ha. I wasn't going to see it anyway, mainly because it has Sophie Turner in it :shakehead

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Considering he can't even finish the ****ing thing....I doubt it improved.

I tried the books....show is far better.

I've always looked at movie/tv adaptations from books as their own unique animal and I love the show but not liking the books fairly stuns me (everyone naturally entitled to their opinion).

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
If I believed 90% of movie reviews, I'd never see anything. SOunds like you had your mind made up already.

Pretty much. I really liked "X-Men: First Class" but after that, felt the franchise was becoming of a mess. Apocalypse seems be carrying on in this tradition.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Definitely the best GoT episode of the season so far.

Really disappointed how wimpy the dire wolves have been. Two more dire wolf deaths this season. Ghost is the only one left now, right? I guess Nymeria can still reappear, but that would likely involve a huge change in Arya's plot.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Definitely the best GoT episode of the season so far.

Really disappointed how wimpy the dire wolves have been. Two more dire wolf deaths this season. Ghost is the only one left now, right? I guess Nymeria can still reappear, but that would likely involve a huge change in Arya's plot.

It's been one thing that's bothered me from reading the first book. They're Dire Wolves right?!! I want a little more badass.

Did you realize that Jon Snow has been wearing standard Winterfel armor and gear the last two shows? Almost identical to what his Ned wore most of season 1.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
It's been one thing that's bothered me from reading the first book. They're Dire Wolves right?!! I want a little more badass.

Did you realize that Jon Snow has been wearing standard Winterfel armor and gear the last two shows? Almost identical to what his Ned wore most of season 1.

The CGI for the wolves is apparently expensive as hell so not surprised they do not seem as badass in the show versus the books.

Did notice the winterfell garb (very cool). Helps watching each episode twice.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...ortedly-in-trouble/ar-BBtGOk9?ocid=spartanntp

"The execs at Disney are not happy with the movie, and Rogue One will have to go back into four weeks of expensive reshoots in July," an anonymous source told the paper.

"Disney won't take a back seat, and is demanding changes, as the movie isn’t testing well,"

Trouble is brewing....the true test of this franchise will come when they finally stop living off the nostalgia of an aging fanbase and are forced to come up with new great storylines.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
The more I think about, the more "Rogue One" is just a terrible idea. If it is not at least on par with the "Force Awakens", then
all the momentum you had going into Episode 8 is lost. And this is movie without Jedi or Sith, no lightsabers, no really new characters
as it yet another SW movie that takes place in the past, so it has a LOT going against it. Disney has really painted themselves into
a corner on this one.

Last edited:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
They are reshooting over 40% of Rogue One. Hot mess. Think I'll pass and just wait for Episode 8.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I was way more excited about Rogue One than I was Episode VIII. Now it depends on how much they change the tone. I was really looking forward to a darker take on Star Wars. I really wanted to see the Empire be genuinely intimidating, rather than a cartoony evil force.

The reshoots have me concerned regarding Disney trying to make it more "four quadrant" friendly, and "fit the tone" of Star Wars more. However, almost every big blockbuster has extensive reshoots now. It's pretty par for the course.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Its par the course....but I really wanted a grim/gritty/bad ass Star Wars movie. If they are changing that aspect of it...then that's pretty lame.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...reshoots-to-the-new-star-wars-film/ar-BBtQ96s

The rumor that almost half the movie is being reshot elicits both laughter and groans from those closest to the film. While it might seem like spin-control from those working on the film, their logic bears out: "If we were rewriting the movie and reshooting 40 percent of movie, we would not be finishing in August," a source on the production says. "People really would be panicking -- and changing the release date."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->