OT: Official TV & Movie Spoiler/Speculation/Rumor Thread-See Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He would have been good as the high sparrow cast wise though the one they have is very good.

I definitely got book-nerd-high-annoyance level with the changes to Blackfish's fate there.

I am proud to say I haven't read the books. One thing at a time...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He would have been good as the high sparrow cast wise though the one they have is very good.

I definitely got book-nerd-high-annoyance level with the changes to Blackfish's fate there.

That would have been a solid casting pick, likely McShane could not give the time commitment needed.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Tonight: Game of Thrones pivotal episode 9: "Battle of the B*stards"

Tuesday night: USA vs Argentina pivotal Copa America match: "Battle of the Behemoths"

Somebody up there really, really likes me :D

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
That was a fun episode last night. Not quite as good as Hardhome from season 5...but very well done...and with a ending that was satisfying (at least to me...some seem to have issues with the predictability of what was going to happen to Ramsey....but I found joy in it all)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm just getting tired of them using the "another army comes in to save the day at the last moment" bit over and over again. It happened with the Lannister and Tyrell forces at the Siege of King's Landing. They used it again when Stannis routed the Wildlings at the wall. And it happened twice in this past episode (Dany with the dragons/Dothraki and obviously the the Arryn forces at the Battle of the ********). I know all of those were foreshadowed to various extents, but it just feels rather lazy at this point. Come up with another plot device for these battles to resolve.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It's kinda how battles were won and lost in those times no? I loved the episode. It's not like they can call in Gandolph and a ghost army.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
That was a fun episode last night. Not quite as good as Hardhome from season 5...but very well done...and with a ending that was satisfying (at least to me...some seem to have issues with the predictability of what was going to happen to Ramsey....but I found joy in it all)

Good doggy.

What a way to go. I've rewatched that episode again....so good. Great battle.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Can't can't can't wait for Independence Day. Previews I saw doesn't look good for the earthlings. Wonder if they actually have the guts to have the world end. Would make it a better movie

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I was much more hyped for Jurassic World last year, but I am still seeing this tomorrow. Really glad they got Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, and Judd Hirsch back (don't really care about Will Smith).

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's kinda how battles were won and lost in those times no? I loved the episode. It's not like they can call in Gandolph and a ghost army.

I'm talking about the plot device, not the specific implementation (cavalry vs. ghost army). They keep having this additional armies arrive once the battle has started to swing the tide. Once or twice is okay, but four times now is just getting tiresome. I get that it was an allusion to Tolkein/LOTR, but you don't need to draw that parallel four+ times.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I do envy those that are just now starting to read the books. The wait between ASoS/AFoC/ADoD is kinda venomous. I think with the series surpassing the books and me re-reading AFoC and in the middle of ADoD I have better appreciation for both those books...quality prose.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Don't really read much fantasy anymore. Mostly stick to science fiction/cyberpunk when it comes to reading fiction.

First 'real' genre book I read was scifi (can't count the brady boys). On a serious kick of military sci-fi genre. At least give me your favorite prose of a fantasy author.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad