HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
First Niemi and now Marcoux... I get the feeling there might be interest in Lindgren and we are making arrangements without him on our roster next year (both Habs and Laval). I can only wonder what a Patch and Lindgren combo gets us in return and I have packaged them together for a while now

signs are looking to point towards there.

Maybe a D as well like Lernout ?

With the two Czech's we just signed its possible a package is being put together with Max/Lindgren and an AHL Dman.

I hope we can land a good roster player and 10-20 pick at the draft.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With McNiven, Fucale, Primeau in the pipeline and the signing of Marcoux and Niemi, you have to think Lindgren is going to be packaged.

Certainly opens the door to that. How many goalies can we realistically roster, even with the ECHL taken into account?

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
that’s the point ! he didn’t had a great year this year but he have all the tools to be a 2nd line center. Buy Low sell high !
Unfortunately I don't think he's a super buy low candidate. They'd want fair value for him and we can't pay that on the chance he is better than Danault.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Certainly opens the door to that. How many goalies can we realistically roster, even with the ECHL taken into account?
Another thought is that you need a minimum of 3 goalies who can play in the NHL and that would mean Lindgren is part of that needed depth. That would mean to me that Fucale who has not improved in the past couple of years is history.

Reactions: Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With McNiven, Fucale, Primeau in the pipeline and the signing of Marcoux and Niemi, you have to think Lindgren is going to be packaged.

Fucale isn't in the pipeline unless he's re-signed. Primeau and Hawkey will be in the NCAA for another year, maybe two for Primeau. So you have Price/Niemi in the NHL, Lindgren/McNiven in the AHL and Marcoux in the ECHL.

Reactions: Amerika and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
One thing for sure is that the Habs have to start building better teams in the AHL. Our prospects can’t be playing for the worst team in the league moving forward

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Fucale isn't in the pipeline unless he's re-signed. Primeau and Hawkey will be in the NCAA for another year, maybe two for Primeau. So you have Price/Niemi in the NHL, Lindgren/McNiven in the AHL and Marcoux in the ECHL.

Where's Fucale on the depth chart?

5th?

Wow, that's bad lol.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I still like your idea of or variation thereof involving Lindholm, Hanifin and their 2nd OA and using our 3rd OA and assets to get it done.

We lose 2 good ones in Chucky and Gallagher in that proposal but at least we get two young guys back that could address 2 of our 3 gaping holes. And Svech.

Wish Chucky had a shot at centre this past year, but that didn't happen and will.never happen with MB. Plus 2 years to UFA status.

If we could also pull off a Patches trade that nets us a Kotkaniemi or Borgstrom ( yes I k ow, he isn't being traded , sheesh ), then there is hope for the future I think. Also could satisfy MBs drive for play offs now, and man I am terrified he grabs a few 30 year old middle players to do that, costing us young players, good picks and Cap space.

Really too bad Molson (and therefore MB as he will be fired ) seem focused on the post season or bust for next season. Its the bust that worries me.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Wish Chucky had a shot at centre this past year, but that didn't happen and will.never happen with MB. Plus 2 years to UFA status.

It might happen now that Bergevin might have been demoted to being MINO -- Manager in name only.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was thinking that Fucale would get qualified, but Marcoux wasn't in the picture yet. Now, I can see them letting Fucale go.

1 - Price NHL
2 - Niemi NHL/AHL
3 - Lindgren AHL/NHL
4 - McNiven AHL
5 - Marcoux ECHL

6 - Hawkey Unsigned
7 - Primeau Unsigned

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Montoya traded for a 4th.
Mrazek traded for a 3rd.

Those guys are nhl goalies and havent returned much.

Even if you think Lindgren has solid value, don't you think he will have even more value in a year or two once he becomes our nhl backup goalie?
Trading him right now would a bad bad decision.

I repeat for the 2nd time... Lindgren with Patch. I already said it's hard to measure the value with Lindgren by himself. The are many people intrigued by his small 17 game sample size and the potential he has shown. And he has a great contract. What direction he goes from this point forward is anybodies guess.

Pessimistic approach. I understand what your saying but you ignore the orginal point... Lindgren added to Patch is a nice trade package. Saying Lindgren has little to no value is something I disagree with... especially when you package him with Patch

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Marcoux is bound for the ECHL. It's just an AHL contract. Habs have Hawkey to sign at the end of next season & can't afford to have too many goalies under ELC.

Fucale is gone. Niemi backs up Price. Lindgren/McNiven in Laval. Marcoux the 3rd string in ECHL.

We'll see how Hawkey does this year.

Not sure we can predict how this unfolds. Fucale could be ECHL bound and McNiven/Marcoux could be in Laval. Or like you said, Fucale could be gone and Lindgren/McNiven could be in Laval. The other thing to consider is the development of McNiven... Not the best situation for him to be a back-up in Laval.

Regardless, the options and depth is there. Lindgren can be traded with minimal disruption to both the Habs and Laval.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was thinking that Fucale would get qualified, but Marcoux wasn't in the picture yet. Now, I can see them letting Fucale go.

1 - Price NHL
2 - Niemi NHL/AHL
3 - Lindgren AHL/NHL
4 - McNiven AHL
5 - Marcoux ECHL

6 - Hawkey Unsigned
7 - Primeau Unsigned

Fucale could be signed as depth between ECHL and Laval. The factor in all of this is our AHL team was terrible for a while now and the Goalies were exposed. Lindgren was the reason why we made the playoffs in the 2016/2017 AHL season and there was not as much call ups to the NHL club that year compared to the 2015/2016 and 2017/2018 season. Fucale was caught up in this mess and he is not as good as Lindgren.

Price
Niemi

McNiven
Marcoux/Fucale

Fucale/Marcoux (ECHL)

Lindgren stands to be the AHL starter at this point... unless he is traded. If he is traded. No real huge disruptions with our AHL/ECHL depth. However, I don't think we are trading him for cheap... the return has to make sense for us to consider it.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I repeat for the 2nd time... Lindgren with Patch. I already said it's hard to measure the value with Lindgren by himself. The are many people intrigued by his small 17 game sample size and the potential he has shown. And he has a great contract. What direction he goes from this point forward is anybodies guess.

Pessimistic approach. I understand what your saying but you ignore the orginal point... Lindgren added to Patch is a nice trade package. Saying Lindgren has little to no value is something I disagree with... especially when you package him with Patch
Don't agree with this...Charlie Lindgren has more value to the Habs than he does another NHL team.

Every NHL team has their version of Charlie Lindgren in their system. He just hasn't shown enough at the pro level for a team to covet his services beyond just giving a shot to goalies they already have.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Don't agree with this...Charlie Lindgren has more value to the Habs than he does another NHL team.

Every NHL team has their version of Charlie Lindgren in their system. He just hasn't shown enough at the pro level for a team to covet his services beyond just giving a shot to goalies they already have.

Who does the Panthers have that compares to Lindgren? Montembeault? He don't measure up cause he is only 21 and has not played a full AHL season yet. Panthers would be very interested in adding Lindgren to a Patch trade package if the Habs are asking for various futures. Lindgren is age 24 and NHL ready. Problem they would have is they have Luongo and Reimer under contracts. If they were able to unload Reimer in another deal, Lindgren fits behind Luongo very good IMO.

Yes, Lindgren has more value to the Habs vs most teams. But the idea is how he sweetens the deal when added to Patch. Teams have raised eyebrows on what Lindgren has done last year.... 2 shutouts in 14 games and he showed a lot of potential playing our our NHL team that was very bad defensibly. I have talked to various other teams fans and they were the ones who brought it up. Team USA also acknowledged his performance.

Lets say the Panthers are able to trade Reimer. They add Patch and Lindgen and still have plenty of cap space to make other moves. It fits

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Who does the Panthers have that compares to Lindgren? Montembeault? He don't measure up cause he is only 21 and has not played a full AHL season yet. Panthers would be very interested in adding Lindgren to a Patch trade package if the Habs are asking for various futures. Lindgren is age 24 and NHL ready. Problem they would have is they have Luongo and Reimer under contracts. If they were able to unload Reimer in another deal, Lindgren fits behind Luongo very good IMO.
Lindren has played 85 AHL games + 17 NHL games...Motembeault has played 41 AHL games and he's 3yrs younger and they invested a 3rd round pick to draft him 3yrs ago.

Perhaps they'd be interested in him as a throw-in...

I just don't personally think Lindgren's value is all that high, not because he's not a good goalie prospect, he is, but because as I said earlier, every team has their own version of Lindgren in their system.

Yes, Lindgren has more value to the Habs vs most teams. But the idea is how he sweetens the deal when added to Patch. Teams have raised eyebrows on what Lindgren has done last year.... 2 shutouts in 14 games and he showed a lot of potential playing our our NHL team that was very bad defensibly. I have talked to various other teams fans and they were the ones who brought it up. Team USA also acknowledged his performance.
Perhaps...i'm not as convinced as you are that his stock is very high outside of Montreal.

Perhaps him being named to Team USA at the WC's helped raise his stock a little, but at this point, the Habs are likely better off hoping he has a bounce back year in the AHL and pushes Niemi to be Price's backup.

Lets say the Panthers are able to trade Reimer. They add Patch and Lindgen and still have plenty of cap space to make other moves. It fits
Would be nice as there are several Panthers players and/or prospects that I'd have interest in personally.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Enough of this Lindgren talk. The kid is not ''ready for the NHL", hence we signed Niemi, and every team has a young goalie prospect in their rank. That is all this kid is.
OMG..he had 2 shutouts! :facepalm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Enough of this Lindgren talk. The kid is not ''ready for the NHL", hence we signed Niemi, and every team has a young goalie prospect in their rank. That is all this kid is.
OMG..he had 2 shutouts! :facepalm:

Who are you... HF Habs Police? He is NHL ready. What you waiting for? He's age 24/25 next year and has shown potential in his small sample size. McNiven is not NHL ready.

Your opinion don't trump my and vice vera. It's a conversation, discussion, debate. But here you come again thinking that your opinion is fact. When are you going to learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad