That’s a nice t-shirt! :yo:

Want:

attachment.php

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
bought two practice jerseys off kijiji, and one of them came with a number on the back. Any of you jersey hounds know if theres a chance this came from a development camp or something? the numbers are sewn on (as opposed to heat press)

0MWQ8ZU.jpg

IMR1hm7.jpg

6zENZZS.jpg

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I don't grip about much, but I will about this/ask a question

I bought a game used puck from a Sens game I went too recently, and just got it. Cost me $40 (well, $39.99 or something like that). First time I have ever done this with the Sens, but bought one previously from the Habs when I saw a game there. I open up make package and it comes in a nice little case, with a certificate that states the following: "This certificate authenticates that this puck was scored & or used during the below date and has been authenticated by the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club."

Problem is that no where on the certificate or the puck or anything else that came with the puck is the date written. I emailed them right away and pointed this out thinking it was an error, as seems a bit odd for such a major component of the purchase (i.e. the date of the game the puck was used in) to be omitted.

I just got a response and the guy said they don't include the date. I find that unacceptable. Am I over-reacting? Does anyone else have any views or experiences with this?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

I bought a game used puck from a Sens game I went too recently, and just got it. Cost me $40 (well, $39.99 or something like that). First time I have ever done this with the Sens, but bought one previously from the Habs when I saw a game there. I open up make package and it comes in a nice little case, with a certificate that states the following: "This certificate authenticates that this puck was scored & or used during the below date and has been authenticated by the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club."

Problem is that no where on the certificate or the puck or anything else that came with the puck is the date written. I emailed them right away and pointed this out thinking it was an error, as seems a bit odd for such a major component of the purchase (i.e. the date of the game the puck was used in) to be omitted.

I just got a response and the guy said they don't include the date. I find that unacceptable. Am I over-reacting? Does anyone else have any views or experiences with this?

Probably the Senators being cheap and trying to make a quick buck. I'm not saying the puck isn't game used. But they probably feel that because they are an NHL team, they can get away with charging 40 bucks for a puck without having to go through the extra steps of verifying and documenting them if that makes sense.

There's no "rule" that a COA has to be included with merchandise. Most companies include a COA because it makes buyers feel more comfortable. Although, a COA is only as valuable as the company that issues it so if you trust the Senators organization no COA from the Sens org is probably as valuable as a COA from Joe Blow's hockey merch.

Not justifying them doing that, just trying to contribute some logic why they might do it that way. Especially if it was one of the warm up pucks that they collect and put on sale during the same game, I would imagine they don't feel it is worth it to take the time to put together a dozen COAs or whatever because people will buy them anyways and trust that they are legit because of the source being the actual team.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Probably the Senators being cheap and trying to make a quick buck. I'm not saying the puck isn't game used. But they probably feel that because they are an NHL team, they can get away with charging 40 bucks for a puck without having to go through the extra steps of verifying and documenting them if that makes sense.

There's no "rule" that a COA has to be included with merchandise. Most companies include a COA because it makes buyers feel more comfortable. Although, a COA is only as valuable as the company that issues it so if you trust the Senators organization no COA from the Sens org is probably as valuable as a COA from Joe Blow's hockey merch.

Not justifying them doing that, just trying to contribute some logic why they might do it that way. Especially if it was one of the warm up pucks that they collect and put on sale during the same game, I would imagine they don't feel it is worth it to take the time to put together a dozen COAs or whatever because people will buy them anyways and trust that they are legit because of the source being the actual team.

Appreciated the response! It's not a warm up puck (the one I got from Montreal is, and that had the date printed on the puck and stated on the COA) which the sens sell onsite now (which is also a cool souvenir), it's supposedly a game used puck.
http://ottawateamshop.ca/collections/game-used-warm-up-pucks/products/ottawa-senators-game-used-pucks

The pucks meant to be a sorta meaningful gift. I asked them to send me a new certificate (I truly was expecting them to say that it was a mistake lol....:shakehead) with the date. I'll keep you guys updated.

Is the OttawaTeamShop owned by the Sens? I'm pretty sure it is. Just wondering what the next level of command is...

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Appreciated the response! It's not a warm up puck (the one I got from Montreal is, and that had the date printed on the puck and stated on the COA) which the sens sell onsite now (which is also a cool souvenir), it's supposedly a game used puck.
http://ottawateamshop.ca/collections/game-used-warm-up-pucks/products/ottawa-senators-game-used-pucks

The pucks meant to be a sorta meaningful gift. I asked them to send me a new certificate (I truly was expecting them to say that it was a mistake lol....:shakehead) with the date. I'll keep you guys updated.

Is the OttawaTeamShop owned by the Sens? I'm pretty sure it is. Just wondering what the next level of command is...

Yea it is their official team store.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

As someone else has said, it is just the online component of the Senators team store. Maybe you'd have more luck contacting them if you only phone a Sens store, because at a Sens store (just guessing) it'll probably just be a part time cashier who could be just about anybody.....if you e-mail their contact maybe it goes to someone who is actually paid to manage the store. Although, I am not trying to get your hopes up, I can't see them producing a COA if they just don't do that for the pucks but it is worth a shot.

I think its just a case where they want to sell these pucks relatively cheap, fast, and loose with the idea that they don't need to include a COA because people trust their organization already or something.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

Next level of command is likely either them honouring your request or you returning it .

What ended up happening?

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa

You're not over-reacting. That's total BS. I own two game used pucks, one from the Vancouver Olympics and one from the 2007 Eastern Final and when I bought them, and on the documentation, it was clear exactly which game the puck was from. I pretty sure it even stated which period it was used in too.

To reference a date "below" and then not have a date adds insult to the injury.

I'd never buy a puck from them knowing this. Totally amateur.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Should have been more clear on what I meant. I didn't mean a fake as in an offshore knockoff - that's a relatively recent phenomenon. What I meant was a jersey that wasn't actually the jersey design of that team. I just find that really odd, and a huge jersey foul as it were...
Agreed. But I think it looks much better wearing it to a game than someone wearing a crappy Chinese knockoff.;)

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
As someone else has said, it is just the online component of the Senators team store. Maybe you'd have more luck contacting them if you only phone a Sens store, because at a Sens store (just guessing) it'll probably just be a part time cashier who could be just about anybody.....if you e-mail their contact maybe it goes to someone who is actually paid to manage the store. Although, I am not trying to get your hopes up, I can't see them producing a COA if they just don't do that for the pucks but it is worth a shot.

I think its just a case where they want to sell these pucks relatively cheap, fast, and loose with the idea that they don't need to include a COA because people trust their organization already or something.

Appreciate the response. you're right that it seems like whoever is incharge of this is just trying to do a half assed job of it.
The puck did come with a COA, it just doesn't have the date for the game on it, which it is suppose to have based on the wording of the COA (something like 'this puck was used on the date listed below')

You were better off buying an official puck, playing with it at the ODR and framing it! :sarcasm:

Seriously, your got jacked at $40

apparently lol

Next level of command is likely either them honouring your request or you returning it .

What ended up happening?

The funny thing is I'm just asking them to do what they should have done anyway. The COA that comes with the puck states that the puck was used in a game on the date listed below, and there is a spot where presumably the date is suppose to go and there is nothing there. So as I see it, the COA is incomplete, and that's what I said in my email.

I love the Senators, was at the first game back in 1992, Family has ST, but I'll push they if they don't do whats right.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
You're not over-reacting. That's total BS. I own two game used pucks, one from the Vancouver Olympics and one from the 2007 Eastern Final and when I bought them, and on the documentation, it was clear exactly which game the puck was from. I pretty sure it even stated which period it was used in too.

To reference a date "below" and then not have a date adds insult to the injury.

I'd never buy a puck from them knowing this. Totally amateur.

Thanks for the reassurance! I'll make sure to post the results

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
Not sure if anyone is interested, but I just bought a Nick Paul goal puck (his 2nd NHL goal) scored against Calgary for $40 (+s/h) from the Flames (the game was in Calgary). They are trying to get rid of old stock so it was on sale from $80. There is still a JG Pageau puck also for $40. I got the puck in the mail and it came from a COA, and all the trimings.

http://www.flamesport.com/store/content/307/Game-Used-Pucks/

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Trying to pick up an old school Sens Starter jacket. Would be a nice addition!

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Any experts want to give me an opinion on this? Assuuming the pictures are of the actual item.

Jersey Link Kijiji

It is legit but the price isn't the best. One thing that throws some people off about those jerseys is that they were made in Canada when the regular Premiers are made in Indonesia.

Who knows, maybe it sells at that price because the Sens are in the playoffs and it isn't a jersey design you can buy at most stores. Keep an eye on Kijiji/Ebay and you probably find one for 60-80, maybe even with a player's name already on it. If you can't wait, Jersey Baron has the Bobby Ryan version for $120 and eBay usually has coupons out periodically that might save you another 15-20 bucks.

Be aware with those jersey, they are cut differently than the regular Premiers and fit smaller. If you just make the cut for fitting into a small premier, you might want a medium in those heritage jerseys.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
It is legit but the price isn't the best. One thing that throws some people off about those jerseys is that they were made in Canada when the regular Premiers are made in Indonesia.

Who knows, maybe it sells at that price because the Sens are in the playoffs and it isn't a jersey design you can buy at most stores. Keep an eye on Kijiji/Ebay and you probably find one for 60-80, maybe even with a player's name already on it. If you can't wait, Jersey Baron has the Bobby Ryan version for $120 and eBay usually has coupons out periodically that might save you another 15-20 bucks.

Be aware with those jersey, they are cut differently than the regular Premiers and fit smaller. If you just make the cut for fitting into a small premier, you might want a medium in those heritage jerseys.

Hmm...might just do that! I'll message the link i have and offer 80 and see what they say. If no go, i'll wait around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad