OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Anyone else waiting on a jersey through the Sens Store? I went with the third party stitching as they didnt have a large Heritage 61 in stock and im over 5 weeks now.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
hey guys, some twitted this to SensChirp today....could this even be legit?

C_3ihHxVoAIHkKx.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'll stop hyper ventilating lol...thanks BT!

Honestly, with the iron-on logo, lack of shoulder logos, and inaccurate lines on the jersey it looks like those cheap jerseys that WalMart sells. You know, the $40 terrible replicas that your grandma gets for you because she doesn't know any better.

You know, like this:

999999-19066924708.jpg

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Also pressed logo not stitched, doubt NHL will go that cheap on a legit jersey.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Very much doubt that it's legit. I'm sure it's some prototype, in the sense that it exists, but doubt it will be what the replica looks like.

NHL have already confirmed that replica jerseys will be branded with the Fanatics logo, not Adidas.

The fact that it has Adidas branding means it's probably a red herring.

You're might be right about it being a prototype.

Everything looks to be screen printed on instead of using crests and it doesn't have the same collar as the WCOH jerseys or Edge jerseys might mean it is some sort of Wal-Mart/department store low end jersey similar to the Reebok ones they sell now for 30 or 40 bucks. That might explain why it is Adidas branded and not Fanatics.

I guess people could lie on the internet...but I recall a poster here who had been around for a while stating he ran into Cyril Leeder at a Sens event and when asking about the Adidas jerseys he was told same logo/different design. So I'd be surprised if our final jersey was more or less exactly the same as the ones we have now.

Edit:....I see you had the same theory in a follow post as I did after I quoted your original post. Probably the most plausible explanation.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Also pressed logo not stitched, doubt NHL will go that cheap on a legit jersey.

It wouldn't surprise me. 10 years ago when the change over happened to Reebok Premiers, a big problem Reebok had with jerseys was that they didn't feel there was a great enough difference between the CCM Repicas and the much more expensive authentic jerseys.

The original plan was to make Premiers garbage in order to create a greater divide between the two products. The plasticky material used for shoulder pads was also supposed to be used for the main crest as well. Obviously, they went a different direction and opted to use actual crests, but the point I am trying to make is that they have considered similar ideas to screen printing the main logo in the past so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they went that direction.

There was also a leaked "authentic" Penguins practice jersey that had a screen printed crest and screen printed numbers. (Not sure if that's the correct terminology, but they weren't twill.)

Adidas-praccy-front.jpg

Adidas-praccy-back.jpg

Maybe that's just a prototype of a product line they'll never release, but the holographic NHL shield tag means despite being an "authentic" practice jersey with a fight strap, it isn't pro stock and is clearly mean for retail since pro-stock jerseys usually only have a white paper product code/bar code tag and don't have the retail hologram tags.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
It wouldn't surprise me. 10 years ago when the change over happened to Reebok Premiers, a big problem Reebok had with jerseys was that they didn't feel there was a great enough difference between the CCM Repicas and the much more expensive authentic jerseys.

The original plan was to make Premiers garbage in order to create a greater divide between the two products. The plasticky material used for shoulder pads was also supposed to be used for the main crest as well. Obviously, they went a different direction and opted to use actual crests, but the point I am trying to make is that they have considered similar ideas to screen printing the main logo in the past so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they went that direction.

There was also a leaked "authentic" Penguins practice jersey that had a screen printed crest and screen printed numbers. (Not sure if that's the correct terminology, but they weren't twill.)

Adidas-praccy-front.jpg

Adidas-praccy-back.jpg

Maybe that's just a prototype of a product line they'll never release, but the holographic NHL shield tag means despite being an "authentic" practice jersey with a fight strap, it isn't pro stock and is clearly mean for retail since pro-stock jerseys usually only have a white paper product code/bar code tag and don't have the retail hologram tags.

I'd assume they did market research and realized people won't buy trash for $150, hence why they didn't go with those last time round.

They also did another test with the winter classic pressed jerseys and they disappeared almost immediately, I assume lack of sales.

edit/ actually i believe it was the stadium series ones.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
... a big problem Reebok had with jerseys was that they didn't feel there was a great enough difference between the CCM Repicas and the much more expensive authentic jerseys.

The original plan was to make Premiers garbage in order to create a greater divide between the two products. The plasticky material used for shoulder pads was also supposed to be used for the main crest as well.

Yep, can confirm. I had multiple conversations about this with RBK reps way back in the day. The plan was to make the replicas as garbage as possible, and then push the "real" fans towards Authentic jerseys - which they also jacked the prices up on (Old CCM pro jerseys used to be in the $180-200 range, when Reebok took over they went up to $275-300). That was 100% the plan, but the NHL stepped in and prevented it. Reebok were fully planning on going though with it regardless of what fans wanted, regardless of fan outrage, the only thing that stopped them was the league itself. Reebok as a company don't give a crap about their customers, I can tell you that with many years of experience.

If you want to see an example of this in practice, just look at what Majestic has done with baseball jerseys. The replicas are utter garbage now, all the embroidery is gone and they've gone to the "screen printed twill" crap that they make NHL replica shoulder patches with.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I bought a game used puck from a Sens game I went too recently, and just got it. Cost me $40

You were better off buying an official puck, playing with it at the ODR and framing it! :sarcasm:

Seriously, your got jacked at $40

P.S. I just got about 80 pucks from the last home game that I'm selling for $20 each, if your interested Big Papi :sarcasm: :laugh:

GO SENS GO

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
I sold one of those for $60 last year. I still have a similar one, except it's only one sided.

He's laughing if someone is offering him $105 for a T-Shirt

I figured. I didn't even reply when he told me that. This is also in a small southern Alberta town of a couple thousand people. Not exactly a Sens hotbed.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
What is the Senators year of establishment?

All of the merchandise says Est. 1991

But everything online seems to say 1990.

I'm confused, does anybody know what the organization considers it's year of establishment?

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
What is the Senators year of establishment?

All of the merchandise says Est. 1991

But everything online seems to say 1990.

I'm confused, does anybody know what the organization considers it's year of establishment?

December 12, 1990, the NHL approved a new franchise for Firestone's group, to start play in the 1992–93 season.

1991 they became Established as a NHL Team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_Senators

picture.php

Last edited:

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
That's too funny, I never read the whole thing. 1991- 1992 end of season they were drafting for the following season, so 1991 part of their history.

I should have found/read a better source..... :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad