OT: Official Jersey and Merch Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I'm surprised that the Scott Gomez jerseys are sold out, while other longer-term Sens are still avail.

I assume that the buyer for those Gomez jerseys was a Mr. "Scott G".

... no wait, that's too obvious. Let's instead call him "S. Gomez".

What's interesting is, if you check the section for the 2014-15 game worn jerseys, you can get a MacArthur one for $300, and if you go to the 2013-14 section, a MacArthur jersey is only $250! Not sure why this season's Mac jerseys are more than previous season's.

Go get that 2013 MacArthur gamer, save yourself $150, and treat yourself!

well, to be fair a game used MacArthur jersey from last year is pretty rare :)

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I'm gonna post my pics so you guys can critique.

I pulled it out last night and I really can't see anything glaring obvious (I swear I'm not blind).

I most certainly don't see colour differences which was the original point I responded to.

Using y'all expertise.

Oh man, are we gonna pick you apart... :laugh:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The obvious glares I see on knockoffs is the very bubbly front logo, and also the players font names are always too thick and blocky.

And the color, and the fight strap, and the super-fold on the shoulder patches, and the wrong font, and the wrong size numbers, and the extra bold font on the nameplate, and all the mis-spaced everything on the jersey, and the seams in the material where there shouldn't be seams, and the terrible size runs (size 56s that fit like Adult Smalls), etc...

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
And the color, and the fight strap, and the super-fold on the shoulder patches, and the wrong font, and the wrong size numbers, and the extra bold font on the nameplate, and all the mis-spaced everything on the jersey, and the seams in the material where there shouldn't be seams, and the terrible size runs (size 56s that fit like Adult Smalls), etc...

Well, I was just pointing out the most glaring mistakes on first glance! :laugh:
I can't take all that in within 5 seconds, haha. Plus you can't see the fight strap from the outside.

But yes, the color is also another big one.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Plus you can't see the fight strap from the outside.

But you can see the stitching for the twill reinforcement for the fight strap from the outside of the jersey (assuming that the fake jersey even has twill reinforcement for the strap, a lot of them don't).

If you know what it's supposed to look like, you can tell it's a fake from the fight strap without ever actually seeing the strap itself. I can tell just from looking at the stitch on the outside of the jersey.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
But you can see the stitching for the twill reinforcement for the fight strap from the outside of the jersey (assuming that the fake jersey even has twill reinforcement for the strap, a lot of them don't).

If you know what it's supposed to look like, you can tell it's a fake from the fight strap without ever actually seeing the strap itself. I can tell just from looking at the stitch on the outside of the jersey.

Ah, I have died down in my jersey knowledge over the years so I can't even tell what the fight strap looks like on a fake. I still think to just an average person looking at the jersey the bubble logos and blocky fonts are the dead giveaways.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
My Sens jersey graveyard is real:

RIP
Zibanejad (Black Heritage signed)
Silfverberg (100 Brynas jersey)
Lehner (Heritage Classic)

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
My Sens jersey graveyard is real:

RIP
Zibanejad (Black Heritage signed)
Silfverberg (100 Brynas jersey)
Lehner (Heritage Classic)

Ditto that:

- Zibanejad (black heritage)
- Silfverberg (red home)
-> formerly a Leclaire (red home)
- Lehner (Bingo shirsey)
- Cowen (Spokane shirsey, signed)
- Michalek (white away, signed)

Down to just a Stone. I'm thinking I should give it away and buy a Borowiecki instead.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Ditto that:

- Silfverberg (red home)
- Lehner (Bingo shirsey)

Down to just a Stone. I'm thinking I should give it away and buy a Borowiecki instead.

I didn't count Alfie, but I forgot Havlat and Hossa. :cry:

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well I have a blank Sens black O jersey ive been meaning to get customized. I am highly considering getting Brassard on it now. It was either him or Stone. The only current Sens players I have left are Anderson and Methot.

My others are:
Yashin
Tugnutt
Prusek
2 Volchenkovs
Vial
Bonk
Hossa
Regin

I know I am missing a couple, having a brain fart I havent looked at them in awhile.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Ditto that:

- Silfverberg (red home)
- Lehner (Bingo shirsey)

- Marsh
- Yashin (yeah, I have one, thrift store find for $10)
- Havlat
- Bonk
- Hossa
- Chara
- Redden
- Phillips
- Alfredsson
- Fisher
- Tugnutt
- Smith (was a Heatley, I changed the nameplate)
- Spezza
- Had a Leclaire jersey that I was going to turn into a Silfverberg jersey, but Silf got traded so I traded the jersey away

I also have like 3 blanks that I've been meaning to get customed' up, but being in Switzerland and seeing as how most of my collection is in storage in Canada, it hasn't happened yet.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Alfredsson Heritage
Silfverberg Home
Lehner Winter classic
:cry:
Plus my favourite player when I was younger was Hossa so I've been meaning to get one of my old blanks stitched up with his name on it. The next jersey I planned on getting was a Stone whenever we get new jerseys but idk since I was also contemplating a Zibanejad jersey :laugh: :cry:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
cropped_brass.jpg

I had a feeling he was going to wear #19. Let's hope this works out better than Chiasson choosing the same number as Spezza with #90.

Good news for people with pre captain Spezza jerseys. $30 name plate change and your jersey is brand new again. I'd settle for a Brassard jersey with an A on it, I'm sure he'll wear the A patch at least once in a game within the next three years.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
- Marsh
- Yashin (yeah, I have one, thrift store find for $10)
- Havlat
- Bonk
- Hossa
- Chara
- Redden
- Phillips
- Alfredsson
- Fisher
- Tugnutt
- Smith (was a Heatley, I changed the nameplate)
- Spezza
- Had a Leclaire jersey that I was going to turn into a Silfverberg jersey, but Silf got traded so I traded the jersey away

I also have like 3 blanks that I've been meaning to get customed' up, but being in Switzerland and seeing as how most of my collection is in storage in Canada, it hasn't happened yet.

You must feel safe in Switzerland?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You must feel safe in Switzerland?

It's in a box somewhere among all of my stuff in Ottawa.

It's a nice jersey, but yeah, I probably wouldn't ever wear that out. It's strictly just a collection piece.

So what ever happened to these new Jerseys that were supposed to be coming?

Do you mean the new Adidas jerseys?

They take over as official jersey supplier in 2017-18. I imagine we'll start seeing some leaks on new jerseys around the league pop up starting around this coming Easter or so.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
As some of you know this was my collection.

The 1992 Black jersey is now a DAIGLE, The Red (20 anny patch) SPEZZA has been replaced by a Red KARLSSON, and the All-Star jersey at the end is now replaced by a white Heritage NEIL.

I did have a 2nd YA$HIN, that thankfully I sold at a great price!

picture.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad