Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Ryan O'Reilly is available according to MacKenzie. Sign me up. He'd be great in the face-off circle, would take some d-responsibility away from Barkov and especially Trocheck, including the PK, and he can add plenty of offense. Plus he can play either wing. It would give us a great defensive player who we can slot anywhere in the lineup.

Tippet, Mascherin and a second/first?

Reactions: Rahooji

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Ryan O'Reilly is available according to MacKenzie. Sign me up. He'd be great in the face-off circle, would take some d-responsibility away from Barkov and especially Trocheck, including the PK, and he can add plenty of offense. Plus he can play either wing. It would give us a great defensive player who we can slot anywhere in the lineup.

Tippet, Mascherin and a second/first?

If Ror is available DT should be all over that! He’d have to move some guys to clear up what would be a huge log jam at the center position.

Reactions: RainingRats

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If Ror is available DT should be all over that! He’d have to move some guys to clear up what would be a huge log jam at the center position.
Same with the Tavares pipe dream, you move on of Trocheck or Borgstrom to the wing.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Regardless of who comes in the malgin, vatrano, Borgstrom, McCann logjam will need to be cleared up. I expect one of malgin, McCann or vatrano to be with another organization next year.
There's also Tippett - I think it's OHL or NHL for him. Maybe Haapala too?
Anyway if the offer is good enough then yes move one, but otherwise I'd keep all of them next year and reevaluate during the season. Borgstrom can start the season in the AHL and be a call up in case of injuries or if he's too obviously torching the league. Having depth is key and we could have it for the first time in - ever?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
There's also Tippett - I think it's OHL or NHL for him. Maybe Haapala too?
Anyway if the offer is good enough then yes move one, but otherwise I'd keep all of them next year and reevaluate during the season. Borgstrom can start the season in the AHL and be a call up in case of injuries or if he's too obviously torching the league. Having depth is key and we could have it for the first time in - ever?
Yea, it’s absolutely possible for malgin or Borgstrom to start the year in the AHL, I believe the others have to go through waivers, but considering how similar in talent level they are, it makes more sense for one of the guys I previously mentioned to be dealt in a trade that brings back an upgrade

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Yea, it’s absolutely possible for malgin or Borgstrom to start the year in the AHL, I believe the others have to go through waivers, but considering how similar in talent level they are, it makes more sense for one of the guys I previously mentioned to be dealt in a trade that brings back an upgrade
I don't think the AHL makes sense for Malgin. Borgstrom might use the experience though.
Anyway, if there's an offer that makes sense, sure, do it. I just don't think it would be a problem if we kept all four for one more year.

Reactions: Rahooji

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I don't think the AHL makes sense for Malgin. Borgstrom might use the experience though.
Anyway, if there's an offer that makes sense, sure, do it. I just don't think it would be a problem if we kept all four for one more year.
It’s not the end of the world, but it’s also not the best asset management to use the odd man out as your 13th forward.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
It’s not the end of the world, but it’s also not the best asset management to use the odd man out as your 13th forward.
Dadonov-Barkov-Bjugstad
Huberdeau-Tro-Malgin
Vatrano-McCann-?(McGinn, Mamin,...)
Fourth line.

If we don't add a top6 forward, you could even fit all four of them into the top9.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
No chance Malgin gets demoted to the AHL

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado

Yeah, Malgin already has 100 games in the NHL. I’m not sure what he can learn from more AHL time. Humility maybe. Lol

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
It has nothing to do with what he can learn in the AHL, more what he need to be more productive in the NHL or get more Line chemistry.

He mostly played in the end with Huberdeau and Trocheck, but here again they had no chemistry. Belongs to the fact that the skating Ways of Malgin and his Linemates was complete different.
A few small example. Blue Line entry, Malgin always skated the extra curve to not dump the Puck, while Trocheck and Huberdeau skated straight into the Zone. On the other Side, Trocheck always Head first skated into the Zone straight in chip in. and mostly lost the Puck, while go against the whole Team. So they run a few Time in Offside or Malgin lost the Puck while he skated near the Board and lost the Puck in the Board Battle. Where he often get pinned in the Board, about his disadvantge in Size lost most of his Board Battle, while he is good at working and skating against the Puck.
Hub/tro/malg often get the Puck back in neutral Zone sometimes even before opponent Team leave the own Zone.

I think he must find a Way into the Game, also to avoide the Board Battles. Huberdeau can work on the Board, trocheck shouldnt do it. Only these 3 Players are so skilled they should find a way.

Dont get me wrong, if Bjugstad stays in Florida what i dont hope. He should get into a Line with Bjugstad. Both Players are pretty good in even strengh, also Malgin get very less PIM. He played 98 Games and have 14 PIM.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
yea but its not gonna be the year after next that he makes the nhl. his size will keep him out at least 2 more years. probably makes it around age 21-22. its not as if his game is perfect and its just a size issue. hes not nearly as good as his early whl #s looked. he came back down to earth in a big way. I don't see him improving on this seasons #s even with another year in the W. I had high hopes on him early but he sucked in the wjc and was meh in the 2nd half of his regular season and playoffs. we have no truly high end prospects in my opinion that can be game changers. trades are needed big time this offseason if we wanna be a real roster for once ever.

You don't have franchise prospects, but you have Borgstrom& Tippett, whom both are elite/great prospects, Hepo is a great prospect but a big question mark.

I hope Hepo plays against men next season, dominating another year in juniors won't teach him anything, he needs to learn to play against stronger guys and Liiga is a good place for that. I would guess +3 season would be a good prediction for NHL if that happens.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
You don't have franchise prospects, but you have Borgstrom& Tippett, whom both are elite/great prospects, Hepo is a great prospect but a big question mark.

I hope Hepo plays against men next season, dominating another year in juniors won't teach him anything, he needs to learn to play against stronger guys and Liiga is a good place for that. I would guess +3 season would be a good prediction for NHL if that happens.
I don't think borg is an elite prospect. I think he's a very good one but by no means a guarantee. to put tippett in the elite category is kind of crazy. I don't see a good nhl career for him. hated that pick. hepo was my only hope to bea game changer but as time goes on it looks less and less likely. I don't see help coming and we need lots of it. spending the cap looks like the only reslistic way we become competitive at this point.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I don't think borg is an elite prospect. I think he's a very good one but by no means a guarantee. to put tippett in the elite category is kind of crazy. I don't see a good nhl career for him. hated that pick. hepo was my only hope to bea game changer but as time goes on it looks less and less likely. I don't see help coming and we need lots of it. spending the cap looks like the only reslistic way we become competitive at this point.

I think Borg is getting crazy overrated around here. I would not be opposed for him being used as a trade trip for a more established player.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
are u ****ting me? u used to go insane on me for wanting rid of tippett.
Tippett is much more boom or bust. If he hits, he’ll be a great player, if he doesn’t, then we know where he’ll be. Borg on the other hand doesn’t really have any weaknesses to his game minus strength. I’m not for giving Tippett away but he can be had way before Borg for me.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I’d have them ranked Borg and then Hepo. Hepo has too much hockey sense too fail. Like I said Tippett is definitely boom or bust.
if hepo was bigger I'd say he's ironically too big to fail. his size makes failure a possibility and at the very least, delays his success. we need to win right away. if we could package him for a legit top 6 fwd under contract I'd do it. but it'd need to be a borderline top 3 fwd to make it fair value. I don't see any of our prospects as untouchable. I'm really not excited about any of them. its not like we have a petersson or svechnikov who's gonna launch us into cup contention. trades are pretty much the only route I see and that means mortgaging the future which I'm totally ok with. no way around it

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
it wouldnt cost borg to get him.

although, i am open to trading borgstrom because:
1) he should return something really good.
2) we have barkov and trocheck locked down the midde.

depends on what we can get, but if you can get a great top-4 D or a great top-6 winger, id think about depending on who it is.

looking at teams who need centers carolina is certainly one, and they have a surplus of great D. i wonder if hanifin/borgstrom is something that can be worked with.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
it wouldnt cost borg to get him.

although, i am open to trading borgstrom because:
1) he should return something really good.
2) we have barkov and trocheck locked down the midde.

depends on what we can get, but if you can get a great top-4 D or a great top-6 winger, id think about depending on who it is.

looking at teams who need centers carolina is certainly one, and they have a surplus of great D. i wonder if hanifin/borgstrom is something that can be worked with.
They have Necas who is considered one of the top3 NHL-affiliated center prospects yet not in the NHL and who'll certainly make the jump next year. I don't really see them adding two inexperienced centers into the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad