Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014

10 th overall is about 50% of Hall... Psysk for pick 10 should do it
He won't move it until he sees what's available at 10. He just wants to get a feel of who might be interested. If I were the Cats I would move Pysyk/15th for #10, but my guess is he keeps the pick. :)

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
i still dont see the panthers doing that, if patches was younger and depending on the extension, but he'll come cheaper than that.
Yeah idk its a tough one. He wants to go to Florida and him and Barkov would be super nice. If Panthers really wanna make a playoff run, its probably a good move to make. Lucic got quite a bit when he was traded as a 3rd line grinder.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Yeah idk its a tough one. He wants to go to Florida and him and Barkov would be super nice. If Panthers really wanna make a playoff run, its probably a good move to make. Lucic got quite a bit when he was traded as a 3rd line grinder.
And that trade was terrible for the kings. Teams have learned. Borgstrom isn’t going to the habs.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
LOL. So we magically change our mind from the deadline when we needed him most to draft day to get Patches for Borgstrom? Logical.

If we are trading Borg within the division for Patch instead of for McD...sadly I guess that wouldn't be too surprising actually.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
If we are trading Borg within the division for Patch instead of for McD...sadly I guess that wouldn't be too surprising actually.
I feel better because we didn't do Borgstrom for Patches at the deadline. No reason that is going to change now.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
This place will burn down if Borgstrom is traded in any deal for Pacioretty. And honestly with Tallon involved, I would not be surprised if a deal was made between the two teams involving these players.

I like Borgstrom, but I feel like he's getting a tad overrated. The way some people are speaking about him, you would think they are talking about Barkov! And yes, I know Borgstrom is a very high end prospect!

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
This place will burn down if Borgstrom is traded in any deal for Pacioretty. And honestly with Tallon involved, I would not be surprised if a deal was made between the two teams involving these players.

I like Borgstrom, but I feel like he's getting a tad overrated. The way some people are speaking about him, you would think they are talking about Barkov! And yes, I know Borgstrom is a very high end prospect!

I don't think Borgstrom is getting overrated when it comes to these Patches for Borgstrom trades that are all over HF/twitter.

The reality is that the Panthers seemingly hit a home run on that draft pick. The ability to slot a player like him on the third line on an ELC deal is a huge boon to the Panthers. They shouldn't trade him unless he's part of a deal to bring aa mid 20s aged star back.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I don't think Borgstrom is getting overrated when it comes to these Patches for Borgstrom trades that are all over HF/twitter.

The reality is that the Panthers seemingly hit a home run on that draft pick. The ability to slot a player like him on the third line on an ELC deal is a huge boon to the Panthers. They shouldn't trade him unless he's part of a deal to bring aa mid 20s aged star back.

Froms Habs fans, no. From Panthers, yes. But that makes sense, as each teams fan base wants to 'win' the trade.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not even close. We have a Letang in yandle.

I think it is weird too, but according to a Pens insider on our board that has confirmed multiple deals before they’ve happened the deal was Dadonov, Bgjustad and a third piece for Letang in December. Pens were the ones that turned it down.

Don’t really see where he’d fit in your defense either.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
The rumored deal we’ve heard was Bjugstad and Dadonov plus a third piece in December.

That is why I brought it up just for future reference.
hey guys, our #1 defenseman was just exposed in the playoffs badly. He is 31 and has 4 more years on his contract. Want him for your cheap contract 1st line winger and a 1st?

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Like I said above. Dadonov was supposedly offered in a deal for Letang.
Could have been possible. Dads and Bjugs were not playing very well at that point and I know Mr. Boo really values a puck moving D that is RH. His contract at $7.25M for 4 1/2 more years would have been a wash with Bjugs/Dads plus likely Weegar or Pysyk.

That deal doesn't get done today as Dads took it to two more levels for the remainder of the year plus Bjugstad raised his value while being showcased with the top line. There was supposedly a 3 team deal on the table for McD at the TDL but the Rangers went with what the Boltz had to offer. The Wild was the 3rd team in that deal and Bjugs was probably part of that deal. According to Tallon the deal fell apart because they wanted our top prospects et al Borgstrom and Tippett.

Deal for McD to the Cats still doesn't make sense to me as he would be paired on the 1st or 2nd with another LH'r. Boo must be desperate for another steadying veteran on the blue line to even consider the deal. Dumb move IMO. :)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
No shot. Letang is not even close to the player he used to be.

As a Penguins fan I wouldn’t move Letang. Following his last two serious injuries he was 3rd in Norris voting and 3rd in Conn Smythe votes.

I agree with the above post that Florida likely stays pat. Was just curious if there was any value there. Also, rumor is Florida is still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad