Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Toronto (while not having millions and millions and wasted cap like the Oilers) are already lined up for a cap crunch. They aren't getting Tavares. Fact.

Sorry not sure what you talking about. Tor has 4 pending Forward(UFA) those alone open 13 Millionen Capspace. maybe some get re-signed otherone not, if you followed the Situation in Toronto.
They have one pending Ufa in the Defensive, Right Handed polak, since they have already 3 RD maybe search on the market for a 3rd Left Hander. Maybe no open Cap space there.

Lupul LTIR Contract runs out the Season that open cap. Two Buy out runs out for 2 Millionen more Cap.

Now new open Cap Situation before re-signing is, 16 Million+ the 4 million Cap raise, that opens 20 Millionen Cap.
20 Million Cap is enough to get a Star player and re-sign one and get one LHD for the 3rd Line on the Market. And then they still have around 3-4 Million cap open.

Oh yeah you right the have Cap Issue. Oh i forgot to add, they have 15 Contract running for offensive Player 6 of 15 are RFA.
With the upcoming re-signing, of marner, Matthew Nylander they only have two option pass on 3 of 4 Ufa and re-sign all upcoming star Players or the only re-sign matthew and Nylander trade away Marner and could re-sign Komarov and JVR.

So i dont get you what you say, but Toronto far away from haveing any Problems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem we have we only get them with big Money or/and Full NTC clause.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the Way i didn´t even mention Talbot in my last post i only explained, that also most of here agreed that we could be happy if Loungo stay 1 more Season full healthy, but i personally dont believe it.
So after next Season we need a new Starting Goalie and in that Time, near 8-9 Teams searching for a new Starting Goalie. And that bothers me more like a new top 6 Forward. That is a serious future Problem, that in the whole League a century of Goalie Area comes to and end.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Oh yeah you right the have Cap Issue. Oh i forgot to add, they have 15 Contract running for offensive Player 6 of 15 are RFA.
With the upcoming re-signing, of marner, Matthew Nylander they only have two option pass on 3 of 4 Ufa and re-sign all upcoming star Players or the only re-sign matthew and Nylander trade away Marner and could re-sign Komarov and JVR.
this is exactly the cap trouble people are talking about. Signing their 3 young guys is going to eat a ton of cap space. They may have a ton of money free for this year, but if they sign a bunch of long term contracts with that space this year, they won't be able to keep all three of marner, matthews, and nylander. They need at least 20 million (probably more) of cap space next year for those 3 guys alone.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
this is exactly the cap trouble people are talking about. Signing their 3 young guys is going to eat a ton of cap space. They may have a ton of money free for this year, but if they sign a bunch of long term contracts with that space this year, they won't be able to keep all three of marner, matthews, and nylander. They need at least 20 million (probably more) of cap space next year for those 3 guys alone.

Nylander Contract runs out this Year so re-signing will happen, Matthews, Marner has a Year left. And with Marner scoreing better then Matthews and Nylander during Regular Season. They have something big up the Sleave. So no matter what they choose on him. No bad Situation.

If they trade Marner to who ever the return will be massive. 152 Games played 130 Points. And when they want run with there won personal they skip on everyone and re-sign everyone. As i said 20 Million cap Space is what they can reach. only this Season.

And if they want open Space, the trade marleau or buy him out and re-sign JVR.

So i dont see the problem All people talk about Toronto.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
This offseason is loooong... Boooring... Can it be the draft yet? Trades?? Something???
More Montreal proposals?

Galchenyuk
Petry

Borgstrom
Pysyk

Is there a way a deal could be constructed around those guys? Who adds what?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
This offseason is loooong... Boooring... Can it be the draft yet? Trades?? Something???
More Montreal proposals?

Galchenyuk
Petry

Borgstrom
Pysyk

Mtl adds but getting galchenyuk back for Borgstrom is disappointing on its face.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
More Montreal proposals?

Galchenyuk
Petry

Borgstrom
Pysyk

When i watch on your trade proposal i can wait much longer, that trades happen, nothing in this world will we give away Borgstrom.
His Potential is great so at least give him some Years, when we do this with everyone else, beside Smith and March.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
When i watch on your trade proposal i can wait much longer, that trades happen, nothing in this world will we give away Borgstrom.
His Potential is great so at least give him some Years, when we do this with everyone else, beside Smith and March.
Hey, I'm all for keeping Borgstrom - that's by far my n.1 choice. This is just a mental exercise.

Okay, let me put it another way - what would be a realistic proposal where we'd move him to Montreal? Where they don't crazy overpay (ala Druin+Galchenyuk+Paccioretty as mentioned a few pages back) and said deal makes sense for both sides, at least in theory. What if they were willing to put the n.3 pick into play (they really need centers and this is the worst draft for those in quite some time)?

Heck, ignore Montreal if you want; just curious for some Borgstrom trade scenarios that would make sense for both teams. Not just for established players; prospects/picks too aka Sergachev for Drouin.

(I'm telling you, I'm bored and this is the fault of all those endless Paccioretty for Borg proposals :P )

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Hey, I'm all for keeping Borgstrom - that's by far my n.1 choice. This is just a mental exercise.

Okay, let me put it another way - what would be a realistic proposal where we'd move him to Montreal? Where they don't crazy overpay (ala Druin+Galchenyuk+Paccioretty as mentioned a few pages back) and said deal makes sense for both sides, at least in theory. What if they were willing to put the n.3 pick into play (they really need centers and this is the worst draft for those in quite some time)?

Heck, ignore Montreal if you want; just curious for some Borgstrom trade scenarios that would make sense for both teams. Not just for established players; prospects/picks too aka Sergachev for Drouin.

(I'm telling you, I'm bored and this is the fault of all those endless Paccioretty for Borg proposals :P )

If the exercise is to come up with a deal where it makes sense to trade Borgstrom to Montreal, I wouldn't even begin discussing it with them unless Gallagher is part of the return.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Given how some cheap young players are doing in the playoffs, a lot of GMs will be VERY unwilling to part with one of their high potentials.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

not Borgstrom. My favorit trade i dream of has nothing to do with Montreal.
That is Bjugstad + Mascherin rights+ a pick for matt Zuccharello or Fast.

I never understand why Montreal trading comes up all the Time. All there Players in a good Age, but Teams like Rangers and Philli, more likely in on a trade. NYR on a rebuild and Zuccharello contract runs out next Year. So the better price you get this Year then TD, same Situation with Simmonds next Year in Philli. Both can go on the open market, for both is more likely that they will test the market- One Team on a way down (Philli) and Rangers not a Cup team and rebuild.

So i would ask both Teams how it looks and go after Simmonds or Zucc, should Galchenyuck and Pacioretty stay where they are, make then a lot of trouble, like Drouin and Duclair-

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Pacioretty is at the age where his production will fall off a cliff, plus he will want an expensive contract.

Montreal doesn't have any good players that are worth Borgstrom.

Sure you could trade for Pacioretty and Drouin, but then you have to pay them as well. Borgstrom is cost controlled for two more years.

If I'm trading Borgstrom for anything its for Carolina's 2nd, to take Sevchinkov or for a #1 defensemen under age 25.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
on borgstrom, i actually am "willing" to trade him depending on the deal. but itd have to be something realllllllly good to be clear.

the teams selecting #2 and #3 (carolina and montreal) both have a need for center and wingers are going to be selected in those spots. i think svechnikov and zadina are both for real, i personally wouldnt mind something around them. svechnikov slightly more than zadina but its close.

barkov is cemented as our top line center, trocheck as our 2nd line center, at least for the next 4yrs minimum and possibly longer. so he either centers line 3, which is great to run 3 full lines but depending on how hes valued around the league he probably has more value in a potential trade than centering the 3rd. of course he could play wing, but thats a mystery on how thatll work out, im not a big fan of moving players out of their natural position espeically if they have no prior experience at the wing. he may have a little experience there but hes definitely a center. his coach even said hes better off at center and thats where boughner played him.

having our top and second line centers cemented and both in their prime, we have options at 3 center, to get a legit winger (emphasis on LEGIT, im NOT giving him away) would be pretty solid. or for a young equally promising D (similar-ish to the drouin <-> sergachev deal). in other words, i absolutely love him and he'll be amazing, he wont be going anywhere in actuality, but we're pretty set at center and have some needs in other areas so i am at least curious as to how much value he carries. try not to come for my head for generating conversation, this isnt a crusade to trade him or anything

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Pacioretty is at the age where his production will fall off a cliff, plus he will want an expensive contract.

Montreal doesn't have any good players that are worth Borgstrom.

Sure you could trade for Pacioretty and Drouin, but then you have to pay them as well. Borgstrom is cost controlled for two more years.

If I'm trading Borgstrom for anything its for Carolina's 2nd, to take Sevchinkov or for a #1 defensemen under age 25.
I don't think we'd get a #1D for Borgstrom - maybe a 19-20 years old prospect who looks like he could become one. The second or third overall picks though could be a possibility.

IMO Carolina doesn't do it. They have Necas, and he's considered the best NHL-affiliated center prospect not yet in the NHL behind maybe Mittlestadt and Petterson. They're counting on him to be their 1C in a few years for a reason.

Montreal could do it. If Carolina took Zadina at n.2 (less likely but still plausible), I'd do the trade. If Svechnikov is off the board... not sure.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I want to see what Borgstrom has. But if Carolina was willing to trade the #2 pick for Borgstrom+, I'd do that pretty quickly.
The plus would probably be another top prospect like Tippet plus another 1st or something, but I'd still do that. Svechnikov has Tarasenko potential IMO.
Of course, no way Carolina is doing that. Ha.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
There's really no pressing need for a trade even though DT mentioned a while back that he'd like to improve both defense and offense. However, Pysyk as a top4 dman was disappointing and the bottom6 would be a lot better with another Mamin/Sceviour-type of a utility player. But if you're going to make a trade, make one that has a definite impact and don't try to pull some minuscule 3% improvement on Pysyk's position, etc. Otherwise you just end up improving the other team when they get a younger player for a vet who is probably going to take a year to get acclimated with Booger's playbook. A lot of these trade proposals stems from a need to make a trade for a sake of a trade. I can already see DT appearing in front of the mic after the FA market has depleted in the first few days in July to give a statement that the prices were too high even for FA prices and he believes in the youth movement yada yada. I wouldn't eject Borg or Tippett from the Cats' ride unless a clear cut overpayment is coming the other way.

Reactions: jvr32

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
There's really no pressing need for a trade even though DT mentioned a while back that he'd like to improve both defense and offense. However, Pysyk as a top4 dman was disappointing and the bottom6 would be a lot better with another Mamin/Sceviour-type of a utility player. But if you're going to make a trade, make one that has a definite impact and don't try to pull some minuscule 3% improvement on Pysyk's position, etc. Otherwise you just end up improving the other team when they get a younger player for a vet who is probably going to take a year to get acclimated with Booger's playbook. A lot of these trade proposals stems from a need to make a trade for a sake of a trade. I can already see DT appearing in front of the mic after the FA market has depleted in the first few days in July to give a statement that the prices were too high even for FA prices and he believes in the youth movement yada yada. I wouldn't eject Borg or Tippett from the Cats' ride unless a clear cut overpayment is coming the other way.

Considering his track record, I'm fine with this! I prefer when he has to go bargain shopping!

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
But a trade will happen since DT already sayed he will ship out cap via trade, as he told in an interview in March. And there are not much Player with Big Contracts who brings nothing for what they get.
So for me is it more likeable that the trade with Cap opening will also an upgrade on the Position. That where i come back to TOP6 WInger for Top6 Winger/Center. And the NYR also said they search for a Center who is NHL ready and not to old.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Considering his track record, I'm fine with this! I prefer when he has to go bargain shopping!
The problem is here that, when you reach to the bargain bin too often, you end up with bottom 6 guys playing in top 6 roles. We already have Vatrano (another Tallon "bargain"), McGinn, Mamin, Sceviour, MacKenzie, and McCann for next season. Plus Borgstrom. Dale should be aiming for a top 6 player, but instead he has talked about how we need to give up spots for youth. Which isn't necessarily bad thing, but with the cost of actually making this in-its-peak team better now, it isn't. Three into two just doesn't go.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
The problem is here that, when you reach to the bargain bin too often, you end up with bottom 6 guys playing in top 6 roles. We already have Vatrano (another Tallon "bargain"), McGinn, Mamin, Sceviour, MacKenzie, and McCann for next season. Plus Borgstrom. Dale should be aiming for a top 6 player, but instead he has talked about how we need to give up spots for youth. Which isn't necessarily bad thing, but with the cost of actually making this in-its-peak team better now, it isn't. Three into two just doesn't go.

I agree! Just when he splurges, it can bite us in the arse sometimes. I suppose he hit on Dadonov. Honestly, I would prefer a trade, than throwing stupid money at a player like JVR.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Borrowing this thread for a NHL 18 question. I'm trying to form the Panthers lines to best reflect the past season. I've checked dailyfaceoff, but of course they only show the lines from the last game played.

Dadonov - Barkov - Bjugstad
Huberdeau - Trocheck - McGinn
Vatrano - McCann - Sceviour
Brickley - MacKenzie - Haley

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Pysyk
Weegar - Petrovic

Luongo
Reimer

Healthy scratches: Malgin, Vrbata, McCoshen

is this an accurate representation of the Panthers lines if everyone's healthy? Thanks in advance.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Borrowing this thread for a NHL 18 question. I'm trying to form the Panthers lines to best reflect the past season. I've checked dailyfaceoff, but of course they only show the lines from the last game played.

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Pysyk
Weegar - Petrovic

Luongo
Reimer

is this an accurate representation of the Panthers lines if everyone's healthy?
Thanks in advance.
I assume you mean towards the end of the season? Because the forward group was switched around a lot...

The D is correct. On forward, we had the Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov line for the first half of the season before Huberdeau was moved to Trocheck's line. Also Vrbata has played himself out of the lineup, Brickley wet from 12th forward to more like 14th/15th forward, Bjugstad claimed the 1RW spot, McGinn was somewhat pushed down by Malgin and the acquisition of Vatrano.
As the season progressed, we had roughly this lineup:

Huberdeau - Trocheck - Malgin
McGinn - McCann - Vatrano
Haley - MacKenzie - Sceviour

The bolded more or less stayed in their spots once Huberdeau was moved with Trocheck; the rest kept changing, especially the third line.
Malgin probably played most often on line 2, but could also take one of the spots on line 3. Vatrano was probably more often on line 3 but also spent some time on line 2, switching spots with Malgin. McGinn was jumping all around lines 2-4. Then there's also Mamin who played on lines 3 and 4. Haley was occasionally scratched from the fourth line, but that line tended to stay the same for long stretches.

Healthy scratches: Vrbata, Brickley, technically Mamin though he's been playing his way into the lineup.

Reactions: Elvs

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Yandle - Ekblad
Matheson - Pysyk
Weegar - Petrovic

Luongo
Reimer

is this an accurate representation of the Panthers lines if everyone's healthy? Thanks in advance.
The line-up when everyone was healthy and before Borg joined the team was:

Dadonov-Barkov-Bjugstad
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Malgin
McGinn-McCann-Vatrano
Haley-MacKenzie-Sceviour

Mamin swapped in for Malgin/Vatrano when they got hurt (also McGinn when he was hurt earlier in the season), Vrbata & Brickley didn't play much in the 2nd half of the season. Sceviour spent most of the season (I'd say 90%) on the 4th line.

D-men are correct as are the goalies, with Weegar making space for McCoshen occasionally. Petro was a healthy scratch on/off for like the first 20 games, after that he only missed games due to injury towards the end.

Reactions: Elvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad