Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Just spoke to my colleague who is a Oilers fan. Can skate well, has a good shot. Not particularly gritty. But a second pairing Dman for sure.

Where are you discussing this with Habs fans? In the Bjugstad trade proposal thread?

Ya I think he's slowed down with physicality as injuries were starting to be a concern but his last 2 years in MON, he only missed 2 games and put up 20goals, 70pts in 162 games.

Doubtful to find a guy like Byfuglien who can throw huge hits and put up the points so Petry is an option for sure.

I threw out the offer in a couple of the weekly Patches to FLA threads on trade board and definitely had some guys interested.

Reactions: I am not exposed

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Ya I think he's slowed down with physicality as injuries were starting to be a concern but his last 2 years in MON, he only missed 2 games and put up 20goals, 70pts in 162 games.

Doubtful to find a guy like Byfuglien who can throw huge hits and put up the points so Petry is an option for sure.

I threw out the offer in a couple of the weekly Patches to FLA threads on trade board and definitely had some guys interested.

Oh that one, haha. Okay, I will take a read.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I think I only saw one guy who was really interested. Might be worth creating a separate thread with this proposal.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Petry is more of an offensive D... he isn't great defensively.

I think he's the opposite of what they are looking for.

Ya I agree but the list of available shutdown RD is fairly limited.
Tallon did say he wants a "good player" whether he's offensive or defensive.
Just curious if Tallon will go UFA or trade route.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
How would you guys feel about trading a 3rd Rounder for Tavares' rights? Offer him 9m x 8y. He doesn't have many ideal options of places to go (idk why on Earth he would want to stay on Long Island, or go to Montreal), and we have the low taxes and cup future that San Jose can't offer.

Draft Veleno.

Use a combo of Bjugstand, Pysyk, Mascherin to get a top 4 RD.

Cap dump McGinn and MacKenzie where ever (maybe we can throw in a 2nd and bend over Bergevin for Galchenyuk. He has a crap ton of cap space and wants character players).

xxxx - Tavares - xxxx
Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadanov
Vatrano - Trocheck - Malgin
xxxx - McCann - Scevior

Yandle - xxxx
Matheson - Ekblad
Weegar - Petrovic

Fill in the xxxx's with Borg, Tippett, Mamin, Hawryluk and the trades.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
How would you guys feel about trading a 3rd Rounder for Tavares' rights? Offer him 9m x 8y. He doesn't have many ideal options of places to go (idk why on Earth he would want to stay on Long Island, or go to Montreal), and we have the low taxes and cup future that San Jose can't offer.

I dont know if we interisting enough for Tavares, i think he stay with the Isle or really goes to Toronto like the rumour is spreading.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010

Draft Veleno.

Cap dump McGinn and MacKenzie where ever (maybe we can throw in a 2nd and bend over Bergevin for Galchenyuk. He has a crap ton of cap space and wants character players).

xxxx - Tavares - xxxx
xxxx - McCann - Scevior

Yandle - xxxx
Matheson - Ekblad
Weegar - Petrovic

Teams don’t trade for the rights to a player unless they know there is interest in signing. If Tavares is actually interested in playing for the panthers then you absolutely do it. But this trade doesn’t happen as a let’s do it and hope to convicnce him type of thing.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
What does that even mean?

How is South Florida not interesting? As a hockey market? Sure. But as a location? As a team with existing talent?

Come on man.

Tavarez not as a Hockey Market more as a Team. And Tavares and Toronto popped the first Time up on TDL. Then the signing of Bailesay was a indication he stays in New York, since Bailisy said he only re-sign if Tavares stays. And 3-4 Weeks ago Tavares Tor appeared again, since toronto tryed to open cap Space. And is for sure a Team uprising stream.

So no come on man, more straight serious, the missing years of PO hold the most "elite Players" away. I see Player always go to more famouse teams, even it means they might stay out or have no Cup Chance. For a Player like Tavares a PO Team with the right talented Players more interisting.
And if i can read right the most of here agree we have much more holes to close, befor get a steady PO Team.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Tavarez not as a Hockey Market more as a Team. And Tavares and Toronto popped the first Time up on TDL. Then the signing of Bailesay was a indication he stays in New York, since Bailisy said he only re-sign if Tavares stays. And 3-4 Weeks ago Tavares Tor appeared again, since toronto tryed to open cap Space. And is for sure a Team uprising stream.

So no come on man, more straight serious, the missing years of PO hold the most "elite Players" away. I see Player always go to more famouse teams, even it means they might stay out or have no Cup Chance. For a Player like Tavares a PO Team with the right talented Players more interisting.
And if i can read right the most of here agree we have much more holes to close, befor get a steady PO Team.

Toronto is gonna be hard pressed to find room for all of Matthews, Nylander, Marner, and the top 4 D they have to bring in. Let alone adding Tavares. There are about 15 teams I would put before the Leafs in terms of having a shot at Johnny.

I don't think Bailey re-signing was an indication of anything. Just because he is the first winger in a decade that Tavares has succeeded with and Snow extended doesn't mean that JT is gonna be wooed into staying the rest of his career on Long Island. There's very little upside. The weather is bad. The arena situation is still shaky. The taxes are absurdly high. They have no shot at winning the cup with how their cap structure is set (especially when JT demands like 12m to stay).

As for the "famous teams" and playoffs thing...

The Panthers have by far the best shot of winning the cup in the next five years out of any of FLA, NYI, SJS, MTL, and VAN. And Tavares has repeatedly been reported as wanting to stay out of the lime light and wanting a lower key life.

Our only real competition in my opinion, if we go after him, is going to be Carolina, Vegas, maybe San Jose, and I would have said Vancouver but not now that they've fallen out of the top 4 at the draft.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Teams don’t trade for the rights to a player unless they know there is interest in signing. If Tavares is actually interested in playing for the panthers then you absolutely do it. But this trade doesn’t happen as a let’s do it and hope to convicnce him type of thing.
Swat.jpg

When there's a will....

Muevelo

Apr 7, 2018
The SJS are one of the best teams in the league and most consistent at making the postseason where as, FLA is most consistent at making the postseason. Saying FLA has a better shot, when can't even make the Playoffs over a playoff team is a big stretch. Wouldn't be surprised to see NYR, NJD go after JT as well. Close enough he could not have to move.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018

Draft Veleno.

xxxx - Tavares - xxxx
xxxx - McCann - Scevior

Yandle - xxxx
Matheson - Ekblad
Weegar - Petrovic

this is a dream lineup and I've also toyed with it in my mind just for fun but its hard to imagine barkov as our #2C and tavares would require us to spend to the absolute new cap ceiling which we never even did with the old cap. if I had to bet I'd say tavares will get 10.5 mil per season and he'll go to NJ or vegas if he doesn't stay on the island. he's never expressed any interest in coming here and has no ties to florida. but I do agree that more players should want to come here. its an awesome place to live and their contracts are worth more actual $. we need management that will take advantage of those things.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
The Panthers have by far the best shot of winning the cup in the next five years out of any of FLA, NYI, SJS, MTL, and VAN. And Tavares has repeatedly been reported as wanting to stay out of the lime light and wanting a lower key life.

Cant agree with all of your Points, but that joke is ridiculos. Next Year we need another Goalie and that Goalie must find the Way to the Team.
Toronto, Oilers all on a long term time. In the next 3 Years, Tampa, Nashville the best Teams, Jets show impressive improve.

When you say here complete serious, with a new starting Goalie needed, depth and a top #4 Dman needed and maybe also another Top6 Forward.
But yeah we play for the Cup in 5 Years, i would be happy if we are a steady PO Team in the next 5 Years.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
The SJS are one of the best teams in the league and most consistent at making the postseason where as, FLA is most consistent at making the postseason. Saying FLA has a better shot, when can't even make the Playoffs over a playoff team is a big stretch. Wouldn't be surprised to see NYR, NJD go after JT as well. Close enough he could not have to move.

You have to keep in mind that long term Thornton is gonna be gone either this year through UFA, or the year after that via retirement, Couture is likely to walk UFA after next year, and Pavelski is up in the air being a UFA after next year too. SJS's future is very, very questionable after next season. Now that they've been eliminated tonight, they have one more season of their cup window being even remotely open.

I’d love to have Tavares obviously, but Center is not really a position of need for us.

But if there is one position to have overabundance in, is it not the pivot? Especially if Borgstrom can play wing. And doubly especially with how often Barkov gets injured.

this is a dream lineup and I've also toyed with it in my mind just for fun but its hard to imagine barkov as our #2C and tavares would require us to spend to the absolute new cap ceiling which we never even did with the old cap. if I had to bet I'd say tavares will get 10.5 mil per season and he'll go to NJ or vegas if he doesn't stay on the island. he's never expressed any interest in coming here and has no ties to florida. but I do agree that more players should want to come here. its an awesome place to live and their contracts are worth more actual $. we need management that will take advantage of those things.

It's a dream, and it's a bit weird to picture Barkov as our 2c, but look at the past cup winning teams (sans Chicago). Malkin is a top 20 C all time playing 2C, Carter in LA is 1C playing behind Kopitar, Krecji was at the level of 1C when Boston won the cup, and Vancouver (whom Boston beat) had a 40 goal, Selke contender Kesler behind Sedin.

I think 10.5m is a little much, especially for if he signs in FLA. I know that McDavid, Eichel, and Draisaitl broke the C market, but those signings were done by the two worst run organizations in hockey, and they were paying for potential and prime years. Stamkos is a much better comparison (similar age, similar production, same state), and he got 8.25. But that is why I would look to get JT's rights. So we can lower the price tag by getting that eighth year.

But agreed on how its all up to Viola and co.

Cant agree with all of your Points, but that joke is ridiculos. Next Year we need another Goalie and that Goalie must find the Way to the Team.
Toronto, Oilers all on a long term time. In the next 3 Years, Tampa, Nashville the best Teams, Jets show impressive improve.

When you say here complete serious, with a new starting Goalie needed, depth and a top #4 Dman needed and maybe also another Top6 Forward.
But yeah we play for the Cup in 5 Years, i would be happy if we are a steady PO Team in the next 5 Years.

Luongo is better than Talbot, so not sure what you mean on the goaltending front.

The Oilers are an absolute mess with their cap structure, and Toronto (while not having millions and millions and wasted cap like the Oilers) are already lined up for a cap crunch. They aren't getting Tavares. Fact.

And if we got Tavares and a top 4 D, I think we would be in that same elite tier along with Nashville, Tampa and Winnipeg.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Don't be surprised if Tavares doesn't come here. Lol
Every board on this site probably has a similar discussion.
If he doesn't end up back with the Isle, that's probably going to be a situation set up for disappointment wherever he signs. Because the that team will probably not win a cup. And I doubt the level of improvement in the standings will be as high as people will expect it be. No knock on Tavares, it's just that expections usually aren't met in these situations.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad