Official Apple Thread (Apple iPhone Event) II

member 51464

This is why Google needs to get off their ass and make a similar program to iMessage. Allow it to operate on Windows, Chrome OS, and Android. Hell, even macOS and iOS (if they can).

I'd likely jump ship back to Windows/Android if that was the case. I have much of my movie collection with Apple, but that's not an issue with the Apple TV and all right now.

The lack of development for the MacBook Pro line is really embarrassing.

Come back to the political threads. You are missed.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
What's wrong with the 7? The 7+ is an amazing phone. Much better than my 6+.

I refuse to buy a phone that has to have a separate adapter for wired headphones. Not every one is 100% organized. I would lose those wireless ones in a few days. It is similar to the new MBP with the Thunderbolt ports. Give me a ****ing standard USB.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I refuse to buy a phone that has to have a separate adapter for wired headphones. Not every one is 100% organized. I would lose those wireless ones in a few days. It is similar to the new MBP with the Thunderbolt ports. Give me a ****ing standard USB.

Meh...they sell cords for like $10 that connect the two buds behind your neck so they won't get lost. I guess I like the jack better, but this wireless deal is way overblown.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Meh...they sell cords for like $10 that connect the two buds behind your neck so they won't get lost. I guess I like the jack better, but this wireless deal is way overblown.

I don't think it is. I buy 1-2 pairs of earbuds a month. Whether its travel, the gym, one of the dogs, my wife taking them, I am losing them or they are getting ruined some how. It is one thing to have that happen with a $4.99 pair. It is another to spend $49-$99+ and have it happen.

Second, this may be nothing but I wonder about the adapter that plugs into the charging port. I worry about wearing out the charging port over time. If you have an adapter plugged in and headphones attached to the adapter while you are doing yard work or at the gym, I wonder if that will cause issues down the road with phones not charging. Will all the movement cause any issues?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This is why Google needs to get off their ass and make a similar program to iMessage. Allow it to operate on Windows, Chrome OS, and Android. Hell, even macOS and iOS (if they can).

I'd likely jump ship back to Windows/Android if that was the case. I have much of my movie collection with Apple, but that's not an issue with the Apple TV and all right now.

The lack of development for the MacBook Pro line is really embarrassing.

A Tim Cook led-Apple has lost sight of what Steve Jobs said in the past.

A profit is nice, but Apple's number one priority is building the best products. 1) The best products and 2) profit because you need 2 to accomplish priority 1. But, and its happened to Apple in the past which Jobs said as well, at some point those two priorities switch spots and it takes a while to realize it within. Apple seems to be more about the shareholders these days rather than making the best products.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
A Tim Cook led-Apple has lost sight of what Steve Jobs said in the past.

A profit is nice, but Apple's number one priority is building the best products. 1) The best products and 2) profit because you need 2 to accomplish priority 1. But, and its happened to Apple in the past which Jobs said as well, at some point those two priorities switch spots and it takes a while to realize it within. Apple seems to be more about the shareholders these days rather than making the best products.

I'll likely give them a couple more years before I truly want to bounce. It basically comes down to how long my rMBP lasts. With a new logic board, battery, and screen, it should last a good long while, though.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
AirPods are getting much better reviews than I expected.

Yeah, I'm thinking about taking the leap.
I have some Monster bluetooth buds, but they have a fair bit of hiss and pop, and the battery dies quickly.
Really like the battery case and lightning charging on these buds. I can take my power cable & block and these buds anywhere without carrying any hefty cases or pouches.
Most reviews say the sound quality is much better than expected - that was my only reservation based on earlier reviews.

Heh heh. Available in 6 weeks. Guess it'll wait.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It depends on if you wear a fitness band solely or a watch and fitness band. If the former? It's worth it. If the latter? It's never going to replace a real watch.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I've had my Apple Watch since last November. I've loved it, but I'm also a big watch guy. Never really wearer any fitness trackers before it. The notifications part has been great, I'm looking at my phone a lot less

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

You better hope your current stuff lasts forever, then. Apple is early to the party, but everyone will be there eventually.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wireless headphones are always getting better to the point that in about a year or so I really won't care about having a headphone jack or not. I don't plan on upgrading from my 6s+ for a couple of more years though, but everything has Bluetooth these days and it keeps improving.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
For sure. My Bose QC35s are great. I have tried a number of wireless pairs over the last few months and went back to them. Not exactly easy to lose since they are cans, too.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
It depends on if you wear a fitness band solely or a watch and fitness band. If the former? It's worth it. If the latter? It's never going to replace a real watch.

I kinda use the fitness tracker in my phone, it's not same as you're not getting HR. It tracks steps pretty well. What's the main difference other than HR. I like different watches in terms of style.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
For sure. My Bose QC35s are great. I have tried a number of wireless pairs over the last few months and went back to them. Not exactly easy to lose since they are cans, too.

I either want those, the new wireless Beats being released or the AirPods. I'll probably decide by the summer.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I kinda use the fitness tracker in my phone, it's not same as you're not getting HR. It tracks steps pretty well. What's the main difference other than HR. I like different watches in terms of style.

I would recommend trying it for a few days, frankly. Best Buy has 15-30 day return period, depending. I'm not sure if Apples return period for the watch is 15 or 30 days.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I keep thinking about upgrading to an iPad Pro but my iPad Air 2 just keeps getting the job done and I've had no incentive to pull the trigger.

Probably the best Apple purchase I've ever made. Worth every penny, especially compared to the complete garbage Android tablets I suffered through.

Can't wait to finally upgrade my 6 plus this year though. Usually upgrade every major iteration but skipped the 7 completely.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I keep thinking about upgrading to an iPad Pro but my iPad Air 2 just keeps getting the job done and I've had no incentive to pull the trigger.

Probably the best Apple purchase I've ever made. Worth every penny, especially compared to the complete garbage Android tablets I suffered through.

Can't wait to finally upgrade my 6 plus this year though. Usually upgrade every major iteration but skipped the 7 completely.

Allegedly new iPad design coming soon, so hold off.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
I've been really happy with my iPad Air 2 also. The main reason I bought it was for the 2gb of ram. It should stay relevant for quite a while.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
my wife the last 2 weeks made out like a bandit. iPad pro and an iPhone 7. meanwhile I'm still on my 1st gen mogo g lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad