Official 2018 World Junior Championship Thread

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He may just have a bad week or be stuck with guys he doesn't click with. I certainly wouldn't expect it, but I don't understand the logic behind taking a kid out of the NHL and that somehow giving him more confidence. I would be much more concerned that sending him to WJC is going to be a negative rather than a positive.
It all depends.

What if he goes there and scores a few goals and gets his confidence going again.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Figure I could advertise it here as well.

The 5th annual WJC pool has been opened. Post in that thread if you want to join.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
It all depends.

What if he goes there and scores a few goals and gets his confidence going again.
I was talking more about the negative effects of simply being sent from the NHL to the WJC, regardless of how he plays.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Only Glass really surprises me. Firstly, he's very good. Secondly, they like to groom guys, and he's sure to be a top player for them next year.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I'm between Sweden and Finland. Finland is stacked with NHL draft picks and is always a goalie factory.

Is anyone doing a WJC pool this year? We must be close to draft time, given how long they usually take. I'd volunteer to run it, but I don't think I'd be able to run it a fraction as well as it's been run in the past.

Yeah, Finland will win it this year because there are no Flyers on that team. That's how these things work out.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
F Maxime Comtois
F Alex Formenton
F Robert Thomas
F Nick Suzuki

G Michael DiPietro

That’s the only 99’s left. They went with an older camp roster for the most part. Cody Glass was the other 99 that was cut so far. It looks like there will be 2 forward cuts, 2 defensemen cuts, & a goalie cut to finalize the roster tonight.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He deserves to be there as an 18 year old because he's fast, apparently. If only there was another 18 year old who was a fast skater, but also a big scorer.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It’s because the Sens kept him up to start the year and Hockey Canada drools at that shit.

His skating is something else though. Even back to last year, the rest of his game seemed hard to peg down (though decent smarts), but he can fly like few players. His speed legit scares opponents. I guess they think he can be a 12/13 type, PK too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad