LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
DQUJASrW0AAYSza.jpg:small

DQUJCKhXcAI31zd.jpg:small

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Pretty impressive Krys made the team at 17 but can’t even get invited at 19.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hugh McGing is Allison’s teammate. Good draft year numbers too, but he’s small.

I really feel like Josh Norris does not deserve to be there. I don’t know why he is viewed on some different tier than Mismash, but it’s beyond dumb because he’s actually worse. Both were NTDP so they each get that boost.

Be interested to see if Max Jones actually makes it.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yamamoto having an NHL hangover? 9 points in 10 games including a 4 point night in his 1st game back. I thought he would push 100 points this year even after missing the start of the season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The '99 forwards are:

Comtois
Formenton
Glass
Suzuki
Thomas

Comtois and Formenton aren't producing nearly as well as Frost.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
he gets ice time and confidence

Getting icetime isn't enough... it has to be in the right environment... not those kind of games. If he plays 30 minutes of rollerhockey it isn't going to help either.

And his problem isn't confidence, it's getting real time with real players and not being setup to fail.

It’s not the worst idea. Boston did it with Pastrnak in his last year of eligibility.

I don't see any real positives and that's the kind of environment where I could imagine players taking a run at big name guys to get attention. Some little 4th liner from Uganda who wants people to notice him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Getting icetime isn't enough... it has to be in the right environment... not those kind of games. If he plays 30 minutes of rollerhockey it isn't going to help either.

And his problem isn't confidence, it's getting real time with real players and not being setup to fail.

I don't see any real positives and that's the kind of environment where I could imagine players taking a run at big name guys to get attention. Some little 4th liner from Uganda who wants people to notice him.

It’s not that bad of a level. There’s still a lot of players with NHL potential playing in it. So getting a way from this team for a few weeks to get a solidified role isn’t bad.

The IIHF is more strictly called than the NHL. So it’s really not that chaotic.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It’s not the worst idea. Boston did it with Pastrnak in his last year of eligibility.

Yes, this was their thinking.

Bruins make Pastrnak available to Czech Republic for World Junior Championship | The Hockey News

“I think the opportunity for him to go play really heavy minutes in all situations, at a very, very high level, competitive level, against his peers, I think is a unique situation — with the timing and such, with the freeze, his injury and things all collided at once,” Sweeney told Switaj. “I think it’s a great opportunity for him, as I said, for him to return to the level we expect him to be back at and be able to impact our own lineup.”

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The posts Xmas schedule is

12/28 at Florida
12/29 at TB
1/2 Pit
1/4 NYI
1/6 StL
1/7 Buf

Then a five day break. The WJC gold medal game is on 1/5, so he'd miss six games at most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad