Official 2015 NHL Draft/College & Europe FA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So Maloney's dangling the 3rd overall pick.

Stupid. Take Hanifin and be set for 15 years.

I would trade Stepan for the 3rd OA. Maybe even add to it.

Only way trading that pick works is if he trades down a few (only a few) spots and adds a high 2nd or maybe a 1st next year.

Stepan+Miller for that 3rd overall would even be a great deal for us. Man, that would be great.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I
Anyone think the Rangers go after a veteran Euro UFA?

Maybe they find another gem like a Zucc. The guy I'm looking at is Frederick Petterson.

Not much knowledge on the guy, but he was the best player in the Swiss league this past year. Unlike a Matthew Lombardi, he's not afraid of contact.

RH shooter that can score and pile up points. Plays a skilled muckers game. Could be a Melker Karlsson type pick up.

Very feisty player who played in the CHL as a junior unless I am mistaken.. Was very liked in NA.

But, he is darn light weight unfortunately. Built like a carbon copy of Prucha basically. Real quick on his skates, can get a slapped of in no time. Will forechecking really hard. Has played great in a PPQB role in Switzerland. But, when I've seen him at higher levels he has disappeared. Think he is too small for the NHL. And not that small players can't play today, but he before at least has tended to just be manhandled by stronger Ds when like playing Canada in the WCHs etc.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
IN both the articles posted about Oksanen it states that he is going for the experience, so I have no idea if that means he is looking to sign or not. He said that his old roommate, O'Connor, went and said it was amazing.

Have no idea what his intentions are, but it's still a good sign that he's coming over.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I

Very feisty player who played in the CHL as a junior unless I am mistaken.. Was very liked in NA.

But, he is darn light weight unfortunately. Built like a carbon copy of Prucha basically. Real quick on his skates, can get a slapped of in no time. Will forechecking really hard. Has played great in a PPQB role in Switzerland. But, when I've seen him at higher levels he has disappeared. Think he is too small for the NHL. And not that small players can't play today, but he before at least has tended to just be manhandled by stronger Ds when like playing Canada in the WCHs etc.

Excellent thank you. Do you think there is a European FA the Rangers can sign on the cheap?

A Melker Karlsson type of find?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Excellent thank you. Do you think there is a European FA the Rangers can sign on the cheap?

A Melker Karlsson type of find?

I'm going to stay on the Sergei Plotnikov race here. Really like the dude and IMO fits the bill for this type of system NYR is rolling with. Could be cheap, too.

I would say no to Tikhonov because it was said somewhere that he was looking for a contract for about $3.5 million a year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm going to stay on the Sergei Plotnikov race here. Really like the dude and IMO fits the bill for this type of system NYR is rolling with. Could be cheap, too.

I would say no to Tikhonov because it was said somewhere that he was looking for a contract for about $3.5 million a year.

I like both actually. If they can get Tikhonov around 2.5-3 it's an incredible signing.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
We need to pull off a moral victory in this draft like a Detroit or Hank pick; find future all star Swedes and Russians and draft them late. You can do it Gordie. Does anyone know offhand who our head Euro scout is?

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
Would it be possible at #16 (if the Talbot trade goes down) to get a guy ready to step in this season? I don't know anyone too well after the top like 7-8 prospects.

Two names I see a lot that people like in the mid rounds are Ericksson Ek and Jeremy Roy, don't know crap about either.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I like both actually. If they can get Tikhonov around 2.5-3 it's an incredible signing.

I mean, yes, it would be, but I think NYR would use the money for someone else. Also think that Tikhonov won't produce as much as he does in the KHL, but that's just my gut feeling.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Would it be possible at #16 (if the Talbot trade goes down) to get a guy ready to step in this season? I don't know anyone too well after the top like 7-8 prospects.

Two names I see a lot that people like in the mid rounds are Ericksson Ek and Jeremy Roy, don't know crap about either.

Anything is possible, but hopefully that's not really a consideration. They need to get the best player they can, even if that means a kid who won't be ready for a few years. If they want someone who can step in right away, they're better off turning around and flipping the pick.

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
Anything is possible, but hopefully that's not really a consideration. They need to get the best player they can, even if that means a kid who won't be ready for a few years. If they want someone who can step in right away, they're better off turning around and flipping the pick.

Completely agree I was just wondering though, since this is a deep draft and all.

But no matter what we better take the best player player available.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Well, at #16 there could be a lot of choices. IMO I would shoot for Konecny just because he's too damn good to pass up on.

As for Eriksson-Ek, he has rose a lot this year and it'll be for the better. At #16, though, I'm not too sure. I would use a high 2nd on him instead. He is a dynamic center man, but I think there are better options at #16.

As for Jeremy Roy, I would be alright with taking him at #16. He's an offensive minded defender and also right handed! I think he'll be a hot commodity earlier, but he could be like an Erik Karlsson/Dan Boyle type player, IMO. Would need to work on his skating, though.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Perfect description!

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
Well, at #16 there could be a lot of choices. IMO I would shoot for Konecny just because he's too damn good to pass up on.

As for Eriksson-Ek, he has rose a lot this year and it'll be for the better. At #16, though, I'm not too sure. I would use a high 2nd on him instead. He is a dynamic center man, but I think there are better options at #16.

As for Jeremy Roy, I would be alright with taking him at #16. He's an offensive minded defender and also right handed! I think he'll be a hot commodity earlier, but he could be like an Erik Karlsson/Dan Boyle type player, IMO. Would need to work on his skating, though.

Interesting, thanks for the in depth response.

If Konecny is still there at 16 (and we have that pick) I would be very happy with him. He's a prospect I actually know, thought he was a top 10 pick type guy but I just looked at a bunch of mocks and he is actually usually picked mid first so he's definitely an option. Wouldn't mind have Erik Karlsson or a young Dan Boyle on this team either haha.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If we get #16, I want Guryanov, if he's still there and none of the top 10 or so have dropped to us. Imagine Guryanov and Buchnevich on the same line for the Rangers.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean, yes, it would be, but I think NYR would use the money for someone else. Also think that Tikhonov won't produce as much as he does in the KHL, but that's just my gut feeling.

Offensive RH player with NHL bloodlines who understands and can play an NHL style game. He isn't one of these top six or bust players either. Can definitely see him fitting in, but I'm not giving him more than 3 million.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If we get #16, I want Guryanov, if he's still there and none of the top 10 or so have dropped to us. Imagine Guryanov and Buchnevich on the same line for the Rangers.

I like Guryanov at 16 but I would go with Konecny or White over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad