OT: Off-topic Thread XVI: According to stores, it's Christmas now

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Pretty random question for you guys but maybe someone has an idea.

I have a laundry hookup in my condo, but have no way to vent the dryer to an external wall, and outside. I had just been using a nylon sock to deal with lint and its worked fine, but the condensation gets really bad in the laundry room, and builds up on the walls.

So in an effort to not ruin my walls I am looking for a solution to the condensation. I have seen some indoor vent kits, but they look a bit dubious. Will get one if I can't think of anything better.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Thanks for the support guys. It might of ended badly, but it could've ended much worse considering 3 of my neighbors are cops. 2 suffolk County and one NYPD, and another neighbor is a member of a volunteer ambulance. My grandparents came to pick me up and I went to their house about 50 minutes east from where I live. I'm still there now where I'm still trying to calm down. My dad and I have had confrontations before which ended in me leaving the house barefoot in the rain and walking to my friends house who is about a 40 minute walk away, but it never ended like this.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I have been in physical altercations with my Dad when I was younger, some were seriously pretty crazy. I had lots of anger issues as a kid and I remember vividly after our fights I would go to this large concrete wall in a nearby alley and start smashing my hand into it throwing full out punches. My knuckles were so messed up and I would continue until my hands were quite bloodied. Eventually that method no longer hurt so I found other methods to deal with my anger that I won't mention.

It's good you went somewhere safe. I don't know what's going on, but I just hope you guys both come to some sort of resolution of peace between the both of you.

I'm not sure if this will help, but my Dad had the most messed up childhood you could imagine. As I mentioned we had numerous confrontations that really scarred me. It wasn't until I moved out that I realized my father did the best he could for us with what he had in him teaching me how to be man, and I hated him and his ways when I was growing up. When I left home, I had an epiphany one day and I thought about what he did for us with the tools he had and I broke down into tears. I'm so close with my Dad now and it wasn't until I was in my 20's that he hugged me and told me he loved me. I now have those moments every time I leave him. Again I don't know what the issues are, I just hope you work them out.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
It's christmas time for me. I got email on Wednesday that we'll be getting a performance bonus on 15th, I signed a contract for next year on thursday and got my tax refunds. On Friday I got my new car, and then woke up on Saturday to see the end of the game against Bruins.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I have been in physical altercations with my Dad when I was younger, some were seriously pretty crazy. I had lots of anger issues as a kid and I remember vividly after our fights I would go to this large concrete wall in a nearby alley and start smashing my hand into it throwing full out punches. My knuckles were so messed up and I would continue until my hands were quite bloodied. Eventually that method no longer hurt so I found other methods to deal with my anger that I won't mention.

It's good you went somewhere safe. I don't know what's going on, but I just hope you guys both come to some sort of resolution of peace between the both of you.

I'm not sure if this will help, but my Dad had the most messed up childhood you could imagine. As I mentioned we had numerous confrontations that really scarred me. It wasn't until I moved out that I realized my father did the best he could for us with what he had in him teaching me how to be man, and I hated him and his ways when I was growing up. When I left home, I had an epiphany one day and I thought about what he did for us with the tools he had and I broke down into tears. I'm so close with my Dad now and it wasn't until I was in my 20's that he hugged me and told me he loved me. I now have those moments every time I leave him. Again I don't know what the issues are, I just hope you work them out.

I've done some pretty crazy **** after our fights. One time it was on his birthday and I went upstairs into their room while everyone was relaxing getting ready to go out to dinner for him, and I banged my head into the wall as hard as I can multiple times and actually broke it with my head. I had a self diagnosing concussion because I had a headache for the next few days.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
TV options for tonight: NFL or watching some 2000 people shake hands with the president. First one is too boring.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Man I never would have guessed this about you. You seem like one of the most chilled guys here!

I've really changed a lot, though. And honestly I think a big part of it was making peace with my father later as an adult. My Opa was a really a really abusive person, and while my Dad never did anything close to what he did, he had lots of personal issues. But when I look back now at all the sacrifices my Dad made, it was all for his kids and I get it now.

But yeah, growing up I was always trying to live up or follow in my brothers footsteps, my Dad was really hard on me (mostly over sports), my GF in grade 11 was pregnant, lost the baby then tried to kill herself a couple weeks later. And lastly one of my best friends killed himself in grade 12.

I had a lot of emotions I had to deal with during that time so I found ways to do what I felt I had to at the time. It was a pretty destructive path I was on, I've lost 2 more friends since, so I thank God every day that I have what I do in life now.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I didn't have family issues but I had other stuff as a kid. I was the kid the bullied kids picked on. Got in lots of fights and even though I never started any of them I got in more trouble than the kids that did. The schools all decides since I was in so many fights I was the problem. Even if it was 2 6th graders who attacked me in 4th grade

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
I had a lot of family issues as a teenager, mainly with my stepdad. Because of that, I don't know, i'm just really reserved and afraid to speak my mind a lot of the time.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Ooh, family issues. I have a few of those too. They suck. My parents divorced when I was fairly young and I never really developed a good relationship with my stepdad. When I got older (and bigger than him) he became increasingly bitter towards me because he was upset there was another man in my mom's life (yes, it's as ridiculous as it sounds). So we butted heads a lot as I was growing up.

I like to think I'm tougher because of it, but honestly it's just made me a lot more jaded and skeptical about relationships.

:(

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
^^ Yep, it's crazy how the older you get you see the curtain pulled back more and more and all the stuff that goes on in relationships that you never knew.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I'm only 16 and my life is a living hell hole. I've been through a lot of ****, and I'm currently going through a lot of ****. My dad and I have fought for years. Last year, I was diagnosed with severe depression. In 9th grade, I was a mid-high 90s student. The first semester of 10th grade, I was a low 90s student. Second semester my grades dropped into the 70s, and the 3rd semester my grades were low 50s. I was put on Prozac which wasn't helping, even at 50mg which is close to the maximum dose for an adolescent. In fact, I spent 17 hours in a hospital in a room with doctors, nurses, and other kids my around my age who were on suicide watch. My life was in a downward spiral until they put me on abilify along with the prozac. It helped me get better, but ruined my life simultaneously in a different way. I gained 70+ lbs in a matter of 4 months. I'm 16 years old, and have stretch marks all over my body and have man boobs for **** sake. I was so depressed about that that I threatened to either kill myself or go cold turkey on both meds, both of which are bad. The psychiatrist took me off the abilify gradually. I stopped eating so much, but now I'm back to square one. My grades are falling exponentially. I physically can't force my self to do homework. I sleep about 3 hours a night. I want to end it all to stop the pain. To complicate things even more, my best friend is bullying my other best friend and I have no freaking clue what to do. I currently have the door open at the room I'm in and hear my mom defending me while my grandparents are saying let me fail. What's funny about that, in a sick, twisted way, is that what my guidance counselor told my mom. Some guidance counselor she is.

I'm stuck in a hole too deep to get out of, and all I'm waiting for is my coffin to come to this hole I'm in. I'm actively considering stealing my parents car with only a learners permit (have to be 17 in NY to get a license) with my dog who is the only thing I care about in life besides hockey, fishing, and my mom, and drive down 22 hours to Tampa where I have a friend.

This was hard to say, and I haven't said it all.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Man. This might not mean anything coming from a poster who you've never met in person or know much about, but the there will be better years ahead. Please trust me on that.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Damn man, seriously take a step back and breathe. You're obviously experiencing a lot and I just think you need to go and talk everything over with someone you really trust and feel safe around.

I'm not a professional but depression is obviously a serious problem and you do probably need to seek professional care and there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed over that. Lots of people suffer through depression yet can lead somewhat normal lives through learning ways of managing it.

I really feel bad for you man, but my God please never feel like you need to throw in the towel. Focus on things that make you happy and do them. And try something new that you think would bring you happiness. You seem like a good kid, breathe, assess your situation and come up with a plan of action to get things back on track.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I'm almost failing gym, because of I don't change out of fear of being bullied. About a month ago, I cut a class to sit on a toilet with a belt around my neck writing a note on a piece of toilet paper.

I've already seen two different therapists. I don't like talking. I won't even talk to my uncle who went through similar things when he was in high school. I just don't like to talk.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
This week, on "Monabae sends strange things over Snapchat!", our lovable hero sends a photo of a pestering canker sore to a curious internet friend!

Tune in next week, where we may see some leg action.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
My 20K post celebration is fast approaching, I'm wondering what I should do? I might go to a gentlemans club, I might go to DQ for a Sunday, the Calgary Tower would be cool, or I might just go to a park bench by myself to reflect on almost a decade of CFHF posting. What a time to be alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad