OT: Off-topic Thread XVI: According to stores, it's Christmas now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Posted this in the music thread, but I'll post it here also. Since it's the holidays time of they year and I believe Hanukkah is this week or next week, thought I'd post this...

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
First snow melted a week ago but luckily we got some more yesterday. Finland in October/November/December is really awful without snow, it's really dark in here.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
61% on my Econ assignment.

I'm not even mad, I just wanted to get it done. I have too much other **** to do.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Thank you guys for suggestion to watch Jessica Jones. I gave it a try two nights ago and watched one episode before I fell asleep. I binged a lot of it last night, and I'm currently binging the rest and have one more episode to finish. I normally hate superhero stuff, but this was quite enjoyable.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Can't fall asleep. Watched some shows late into the night. I have class in 5 hours and need to get up in 3. Don't think I'm going to it. If I do manage to go, I will be impressed with myself.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So I got tired of that Rogers assigned me and decided it was time to change it to a local one.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I bought a Cuban cigar this morning, enjoyed it on the balcony in the fresh cool air.

Until the final drag, when I accidentally inhaled and got super light headed.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I bought a Cuban cigar this morning, enjoyed it on the balcony in the fresh cool air.

Until the final drag, when I accidentally inhaled and got super light headed.

giphy.gif

1436539468-esgxy5c.gif

post-25740-Ben-Affleck-smoking-cigar-gif-XYn7.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Are you not supposed to inhale?
not cigars, no. they are too strong. that's why those cigarellos are so dangerous

also

The main reason cigar smoke is not inhaled is that cigar smoking is about flavors and aromas, not nicotine. There is no reason to inhale the smoke if you're primarily interested in enjoying the flavors; there are obviously no taste buds in the lungs, and the experience is rich and enjoyable enough by just drawing the smoke into the mouth, savoring it for a moment, and then blowing it out.

Additionally, there is much more nicotine in a cigar than in a cigarette, and even heavy cigarette smokers who inhale cigar smoke can experience nicotine poisoning. For cigar smokers, nicotine is a part of the experience, but it's generally not the primary reason for it. For cigarette smokers, nicotine is the primary reason to smoke, unless you count adolescents trying to look cool, which they don't.

People generally smoke tobacco (rather than, say, banana peels) because the nicotine they get from the smoke makes them feel nice in various ways. Depending on the type of tobacco, how it is cured, and what's added to it to adjust its PH level, the nicotine can be absorbed better in the mouth or in the lungs. Cigarette tobacco smoke is most enjoyable when the smoke is inhaled while cigar tobacco smoke is better when just held for a bit in the mouth and then blown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad