OT: Off-Topic, again.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
This city is so random. Some places gas is $2.67 (rebranded station in Hermitage, was a Mapco), others it's $3.59 (downtown). Pretty big disparity! That said, when my son and his GF come to Nashville they're looking at our prices, even the high ones, in awe. California's prices are MUCH higher.
Our local stations swing alot. I think it was 2.61 here saturday, by monday it was 2.99 and its trending back to the 2.61 by saturday again.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
This city is so random. Some places gas is $2.67 (rebranded station in Hermitage, was a Mapco), others it's $3.59 (downtown). Pretty big disparity! That said, when my son and his GF come to Nashville they're looking at our prices, even the high ones, in awe. California's prices are MUCH higher.

When I was in Seattle in August, it was $4.64.

When I go to Chicago, it is usually $1 higher than Milwaukee prices.

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I found out Monty Python and the Holy Grail was going to be showing in the theater so I asked my grand if she wanted to go. Sure, she said, so I got tickets a few weeks ago and Grand spent the night after the Preds game yesterday and we met up with other family members at the theater today. Grand was youngest in the theater at 15.

My daughter can recite pretty much every line, which I can't do even though I was her muse, but everytime she asked Grand to watch, there was that teenage angst response "lame" But when Grandma asked teenager was all over it. Funny how that works. There were people in front of us who were very excited to know that this was JB Jr's first time to see it. I'd peek over and she was just howling, or telling her mom and I "so THAT's where that came from" I like sharing 70's culture.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I found out Monty Python and the Holy Grail was going to be showing in the theater so I asked my grand if she wanted to go. Sure, she said, so I got tickets a few weeks ago and Grand spent the night after the Preds game yesterday and we met up with other family members at the theater today. Grand was youngest in the theater at 15.

My daughter can recite pretty much every line, which I can't do even though I was her muse, but everytime she asked Grand to watch, there was that teenage angst response "lame" But when Grandma asked teenager was all over it. Funny how that works. There were people in front of us who were very excited to know that this was JB Jr's first time to see it. I'd peek over and she was just howling, or telling her mom and I "so THAT's where that came from" I like sharing 70's culture.
"We already got one!"

"Fetchez la vache!'

My favorite is the Black Knight. "It's just a flesh wound." "You lie!"

The rabbit that killed four knights is a close second place in my book.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
"We already got one!"

"Fetchez la vache!'

My favorite is the Black Knight. "It's just a flesh wound." "You lie!"

The rabbit that killed four knights is a close second place in my book.
My favorite scenes are probably Bring out your dead and she's a witch. But a close third is the French taunter. Crossing the bridge is a great scene, too. European or African Swallow?

Reactions: adsfan

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Any of you go through phases/seasons where you’re just not feeling as engaged? We still have our season tickets and go to games when we’re in town. But now I find watching at home isn’t as much must see tv as it used to be. Kept up with the last two games via the app and watched something else.

This is the first time I’ve really experienced this in the past 20 or so years so just curious.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Any of you go through phases/seasons where you’re just not feeling as engaged? We still have our season tickets and go to games when we’re in town. But now I find watching at home isn’t as much must see tv as it used to be. Kept up with the last two games via the app and watched something else.

This is the first time I’ve really experienced this in the past 20 or so years so just curious.
It happens from time to time, I did something else rather than watch lastnight. For me it was mainly getting used to not going anymore and watching on tv.

Reactions: LCPreds

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
My favorite scenes are probably Bring out your dead and she's a witch. But a close third is the French taunter. Crossing the bridge is a great scene, too. European or African Swallow?
Excellent choices, Adz!

I forgot about the bridge. Whoosh!

I guess that is why I am not a king?

• Haha
Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Sure. The shortened lockout year (2013) was just dismal and I was contemplating not renewing. I did, and I'm glad, but yeah. I rarely actually watch the games on TV. I keep up with the score and watch the highlights but I don't feel like I have to watch. I do still feel compelled to know the score as it happens. Sometimes I WILL watch and I want to have every available station so that I can... I'm just spoiled. I find myself mentally unprepared to make the effort to attend at the tail end of a long homestand. I'll go tomorrow but I'm still in away game mode.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Adz, you doing OK? Be safe old friend. You too Diva.
We are all fine, thank you. It hit north of where I live (Hermitage). My daughter was in Hendersonville when it hit but is fine. She and Little JB and the granddogs all huddled up in the back of PetSmart and are none the worse for wear but it did take a LONG time for her to get home.

I was watching video of it, thing was HUGE. Reminded me of the one that hit right before the pandemic. It took out an old school and church near me and I still mourn when passing by there. But my son's home was right next to the path and it missed him to go there instead so I'm grateful for that.

Reactions: FossilFndr

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes