Speculation: Off Season Trade Thread Vol. IX - "Spezza's Last Week?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2010
They are a complete first line away from competing with the elite teams. Spezza is not enough to let them seriously challenge LA, Chicago etc.

Nashville is a very nice team and a playoff contender but they are far from Cup contention, even with Spezza.
They probably wouldn't be done if they added Spezza.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
New York this year is prime evidence that you don't need a top-three team in the league to make the finals, just an easy schedule.

I think Spezza would want a team that is legit and not a team that could win if everything goes right. Spezza is probably looking at what Hossa did - find a top contender and sign with them. Big money and term on a top contender - where he can be the guy to push them over the top vis a vis the competition.

The West is not the East - the competition is stiffer and Nashville won't be able to sneak into the finals. They'll have to beat at least two really good teams just to make it to the Cup.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Nashville would probably ask for rights to MM and Hemsky if they got Spezza.

At this point, there's no real reason to trade for UFA rights as of now. You can talk to the UFAs - including general parameters.

So saying to them 'Hey, if we get Spezza we would be interested in you as well.' and then giving the general idea of term and money you'd give them is perfectly acceptable. Just nothing is binding at that point. So I mean, I suppose if you can get the deal done - you might want the rights just to ink those deals too - but at best you're getting like a 7th round pick probably.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
At this point, there's no real reason to trade for UFA rights as of now. You can talk to the UFAs - including general parameters.

So saying to them 'Hey, if we get Spezza we would be interested in you as well.' and then giving the general idea of term and money you'd give them is perfectly acceptable. Just nothing is binding at that point. So I mean, I suppose if you can get the deal done - you might want the rights just to ink those deals too - but at best you're getting like a 7th round pick probably.

True, but I'm sure we'd just throw them in, not doing us any good.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
yep, it's kinda like increasing the space between lines on an essay to artificially increase its length

excited about the draft, but I'm not going in expecting that we make a trade today because otherwise it'll be a dissapointment

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Get the sense the Benning wanted to get rid of Kesler as much as Kesler wanted to leave.

Murray seems to be taking the position that he has no problem with Spezza on the team next year, so pay what is being asked or no deal.

Let's not forget that Murray was gonna keep Heatley even after the huge controversy over the summer until they sat down a week(month?) before training camp and Murray said he realized he just couldn't keep him/bring him back and then was forced to deal him for a pretty good return.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
yep, it's kinda like increasing the space between lines on an essay to artificially increase its length

excited about the draft, but I'm not going in expecting that we make a trade today because otherwise it'll be a dissapointment

You know that when you grade 100 essays one after another, the difference in linespacing becomes incredibly obvious right?

You're best bet is to put it in a binder and move the left margin over, but even that's pretty obvious.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

It could help them out. MM would not make a difference since his brother is there, but it would give them 4 days to convince Hemsky to sign with them. Tell him they got Spezza and MM and that ZM is on team too. It might make Hemsky think twice instead of shrugging them off on July 1st.

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
You know that when you grade 100 essays one after another, the difference in linespacing becomes incredibly obvious right?

You're best bet is to put it in a binder and move the left margin over, but even that's pretty obvious.
increase the font size of all your punctuations by 1. it adds more length than youd think and doesnt really look any different.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
increase the font size of all your punctuations by 1. it adds more length than youd think and doesnt really look any different.
Also, some fonts are bigger than others. It's not exactly difficult to use a font that is slightly larger than the standard font.

Of course, the easiest way is just to write a long enough essay because you actually do your research. :D

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 2m
I'm told that the Senators don't have a good offer on the table for Jason Spezza. He won't be traded today if it doesn't change. #tvasports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad