Speculation: Off Season Trade Thread Vol. IX - "Spezza's Last Week?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
With the loss of serious offence & czechs in Hemsky, Michalek and Spezza, we should put Havlat on a priority list, he would be the best person to put on the left of Zibanejad and Stone

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
With the loss of serious offence & czechs in Hemsky, Michalek and Spezza, we should put Havlat on a priority list, he would be the best person to put on the left of Zibanejad and Stone

soft old and injury prone....wait isnt that why we dont want spezza?

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
No to Havlat. No to all ex-Senators.

This. Loved Havlat back in the day but he's done. He should go a to a very good team that could take a chance on him having a last gasp.

I know we're budget but bringing in broken down old stars is really rubbing it in. Stick with the kids.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Maybe a hot three-way with Tallon, Murray and Bowman.

Florida takes Sharp to open cap space for the Hawks to squeeze Spezza in.

Officer Fred

Jan 28, 2010
Vancouver
Good point. Other than Ryan Miller, free agent pickings are slim for the Canucks. A guy like Vanek just doesn't fit into their philosophy or long term plans.

There are, though, some parallels in ownership. Aquilini just got taken to the cleaners in a divorce and would probably be quite happy to be $10 million below the cap, like another owner we know.

The Canucks do significantly better at the gate and in corporate sponsorships, though. I believe they're a top ten revenue market. Of course, he also just had to eat millions on Gillis and Tortorella, as well.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The Canucks do significantly better at the gate and in corporate sponsorships, though. I believe they're a top ten revenue market. Of course, he also just had to eat millions on Gillis and Tortorella, as well.

If interwebs rumors are true, both Torts and Gillis had buyouts of about 1.6 mil each. One heck of a great savings over the 8 mil owed per contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad