Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 10th: Melk Man Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Michael Moye just told me: “Neither Josh nor Moye Sports ever told the Rangers they would be given the right to match offers received.â€

What a colossal ****** move! They let the media run with the idea that Texas had matching rights (because Moye had said so) and now they are saying that they didn't say that.

Kessley Snipes*

Sanchez is reported to get 5 years 75 Million. Good deal

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The Blue Jays shouldn't be allowed to have such a high payroll. There is no competitive balance. The MLB should lock out the players to get this horrible situation under control.

:sarcasm:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
What's with players choosing to sign with teams like the Cubs and Oakland? I'm talking international free agents aswell. Is it an environment where they know they'll get playing time, or the front offices? I like what Epstein has done in Chicago thus far.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
You gotta LOL at Wells as a 25M bench player.

AA deserves a raise just for getting rid of that terrible contract.

well he was a 25 million dollar AAA player last year so it's like a promotion if he makes it to the bench next year.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
What's with players choosing to sign with teams like the Cubs and Oakland? I'm talking international free agents aswell. Is it an environment where they know they'll get playing time, or the front offices? I like what Epstein has done in Chicago thus far.

It'd probably have to do with organization as a whole. From the guys in Lansing or Dunedin all the way to AA. It also depends on the type of player that is a FA (is he a 26 year old, or a 20 year old).

Im sure the Jays have started making a name for themselves to those sought after FA. Our farm system is doing awesome, we have a good big league team and are showing the willingness to spend the money.

I would especially make that case with the kids from the DR. Imagine going to meet one of those high potential guys as AA and you go with Jose Reyes and Jose Bautista, they'd really help convincing them.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I would especially make that case with the kids from the DR. Imagine going to meet one of those high potential guys as AA and you go with Jose Reyes and Jose Bautista, they'd really help convincing them.

That's a good point.

I should be clear, I'm not complaining that we're failing to get a particular player. Just shocked at the amount of interest these teams seem to get through intl./mlb free agents.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
who's left?
jackson lohse marcum....

Jackson for 3 years at 35 million would be good. he'd really shore up the starting rotation, then Happ could be the #6 which would be some awesome depth.

Then in one or two years when the youngsters are ready to take spots, we can trade one of these big salary guys (Beurhle, Jackson) to make room, get a quality prospect back and shed some salary.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Jackson for 3 years at 35 million would be good. he'd really shore up the starting rotation, then Happ could be the #6 which would be some awesome depth.

Then in one or two years when the youngsters are ready to take spots, we can trade one of these big salary guys (Beurhle, Jackson) to make room, get a quality prospect back and shed some salary.

i would do that - he gives you 200+ innings
and if you need to free salary start by trading buck

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I would trade JPA and Nolin to the Mets for Dickey if they were willing. From the sounds of things, an extension wouldn't be too hard to get from Dickey.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I would trade JPA and Nolin to the Mets for Dickey if they were willing. From the sounds of things, an extension wouldn't be too hard to get from Dickey.

I think you'd need to give up more then that.

Regardless I still think we might be one move like this away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad