Confirmed with Link: [NYR/NJD] Michael Grabner for 2nd round pick and Yegor Rykov

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
So does Rykov's current length of contract end at the same time as Shestyorkin's contract? Igor and Yegor... I dig it... should be one hell of an improvement to this roster when they come over.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Once upon a time we all also loved the Holden trade from the AVS...Patrick Roy told AV it was a steal

Spin it all you guys want..this grabs trade was a sign of desperation and tells a lot about the market out there.

No team is going to give all those #1s and high end prospects for Nash or McD..

We’ll end up with one #1 and a suspect like Rykov or ADA for Nash and McD at best

Reactions: yrrebbor

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Once upon a time we all also loved the Holden trade from the AVS...Patrick Roy told AV it was a steal

Spin it all you guys want..this grabs trade was a sign of desperation and tells a lot about the market out there.

We’ll end up with one #1 and a suspect like Rykov or ADA for Nash and McD at best
Rykov is a high end prospect.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island

are you just really bored today? because this post is just horrible

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Dude your going to lose here. Just looked something up online. This is a chart of where players come from through the draft from 1995-2005. I will look for something newer but this belief that Russians don’t come over to the nhl is stupid.

During that time frame of drafted players to play in the nhl over 10% were Russian. Third highest league percentage.
What am I going to lose? What do any of those other players have to do with Rykov? Absolutely nothing. My point is, if he comes over and is able to become part of the Rangers D, then it is a great trade. If he never comes over, it is terrible. But let me know what I am going to lose. Do I have to pay money? Will someone come take my house or cars? Will my kids be taken away from me? Am I going to be sent to jail? What do I lose?

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

....who loved the Holden trade?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

Did you see what Ottawa got for Brassard. McD and Nash are both worth more than him.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Turning it around, I see. Whatever you want. After being drafted he gave interviews where he didn't indicate anything that he wanted to stay in Russia. Rykov stated in several interviews how great it was to play in Canada during the 2017 WJC.

Anyway, this is all irrelevant unless the majority or at least a large portion of Russian draftees refuses to come over. That is not the case. It never has been. Aside from a handful of players who either never came over or went back after they didn't succeed in the NHL, there aren't Russian kids who refuse to come over.

The KHL is for guys like Jensen and Kristo, high-end minor leaguers. Some Russians who may be 4th liners in the NHL stay there to be KHL stars. A few have crazy money thrown at them, but those are usually just a few superstars.

The vast majority Russians who can be halfway decent NHLers come over. If Rykov is a 7D, he'll likely stay there. If he's a 4D, he'll very likely cone over.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
I'm concerned Nash's subpar postseason performances will hurt his stock. Brassard has done nothing but dominate when it matters most on the other hand

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Not a sign of desperation at all. Many, many NYR fans realized he'd likely return a second and a quality but not quite blue chip prospect. That's exactly what happened.

the #1s were talking about are going to be in the 28-31 range - nobody should be expecting those AND top prospects for any rental like Nash. McD can, should and will return a lot more than that, as he and Nash aren't even sort of close in value despite you saying they are.

Reactions: Go Away Staal

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
To be fair, there was quite a run of deleted posts yesterday. It definitely exists; far less so here on HF, but on the NYR Facebook/Instagram page you will see some real loons.

Lots of people post inane and obnoxious stuff because they are powerless, unhappy people. They like to get a rise out of others. Pitiful folk.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
So does Rykov's current length of contract end at the same time as Shestyorkin's contract? Igor and Yegor... I dig it... should be one hell of an improvement to this roster when they come over.

Please. Improvement over the greatest keeper we’ve ever had?

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
True. This doesn't mean anything. Looking at the wording, he is happy we are rebuilding because it means we won't want to bring him over, giving him a chance to stay in his beloved Russia haha
I mean who wants to play on a rebuilding team nowadays anyways....we will never be able to attract any top FA's now

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
There goes all that talk bout him never coming over lol

Well, we can put this matter to bed now

open_book_nae_02.png
giphy.gif

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Please. Improvement over the greatest keeper we’ve ever had?
Geez... already comparing Lundqvist and Shestyorkin. That’s the spirit.
I’m assuming if the Rangers were to win with Lundqvist backing up Shestyorkin you would boo the kid right before he hands it to Hank... as you break out the Kleenex.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad