Confirmed with Link: [NYR/NJD] Michael Grabner for 2nd round pick and Yegor Rykov

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Quite a few good points in the 20+ pages of discussion :popcorn: and here’s something I’d be looking forward to that would make it even better:

I will now root for NJD to lose to fall out of playoff spot to make that 2nd pick as good a solid possible while putting Grabner in their top6 where he hopefully does not perform well enough to earn an offer from the Devils.

P.S. I also believe that there were offers of late first on the table or another “advanced” B level prospect but Rykov is likely someone whom Gorton (or our Euro scouts) were considering closer to A level. His bust factor is highly connected to the Russian KHL factor.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Have a feeling that if both he and NJ are happy after the remainder of the season, they give him a 4-year deal and he just torches us for a good chunk of that duration

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Have a feeling that if both he and NJ are happy after the remainder of the season, they give him a 4-year deal and he just torches us for a good chunk of that duration

Entirely possible. That’s why I wish for both to shit the bed.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Quite a few good points in the 20+ pages of discussion :popcorn: and here’s something I’d be looking forward to that would make it even better:

I will now root for NJD to lose to fall out of playoff spot to make that 2nd pick as good a solid possible while putting Grabner in their top6 where he hopefully does not perform well enough to earn an offer from the Devils.

P.S. I also believe that there were offers of late first on the table or another “advanced” B level prospect but Rykov is likely someone whom Gorton (or our Euro scouts) were considering closer to A level. His bust factor is highly connected to the Russian KHL factor.
Agreed on the Rykov part, I’ve seen quite a bit of him watching Shesty and he has legit top 4 upside and if he ever hit the NHL I’m confident he’d be at least a 4D, he’s really solid offensively and is smart defensively and uses his stick well

Reactions: lucky13

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Another tidbit:

LeBrun trade deadline notebook: Steve Yzerman looking to...

Clearly, the NYR are very high on Rykov. Hopefully they are right.

NJ’s fanbase isn’t happy about losing Rykov either. That’s good. Rykovs performance in the WJC’s was a good indication of where his games at.

He could very well end up being more valuable than whoever we select with that extra 2nd, although I imagine Gorts does some maneuvering with his picks.

5 picks so far in the 1st three rounds. If we maintain the Suck, we have a shot at the lottery. Nash, McD, Zucc, DD yet to move. Andersson and Chytil already in the AHL and producing.

I like it so far.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I wish we had a 1st for him so not too happy about this deal.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I wish we had a 1st for him so not too happy about this deal.

There’s a pretty good argument to be made that this deal is better, or at least equivalent, to getting a late 1st.

Better for the Rangers particular situation.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
There’s a pretty good argument to be made that this deal is better, or at least equivalent, to getting a late 1st.

Better for the Rangers particular situation.
I think this is important to note... if we had a stacked/somewhat-full cupboard, a sole first round pick might be worth the gamble. But to move back 15-20-ish? or so spots AND get a potential top prospect is what puts this deal as the better option - in my opinion.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I think this is important to note... if we had a stacked/somewhat-full cupboard, a sole first round pick might be worth the gamble. But to move back 15-20-ish? or so spots AND get a potential top prospect is what puts this deal as the better option - in my opinion.

The odds of getting an important player with a bottom-10 1st round pick aren’t all that dissimilar than a middle-10 2nd round pick. Basically 20% vs 10%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad