Not open for further replies.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
the-end-is-nigh-jeff-thomas.jpg

Reactions: OddyOh

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Where are those who claimed that coach makes little difference when some here were saying Babs is a great coach and can help the team.
I am not a fans of Babs but his team never play like this in the playoffs.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Keefe is now 4-12 at home during the playoffs with 6 straight home losses.
He can't make Matthews, Marner, JT or Nylander score, have any of you played organized sports?

I was a National qualifying wrestler in H.S. I never once lost or won a match because of my coach. Sometimes the motivation of fans or my teammates pushed me through, but never a coach. You do your work before the match to prepare, then its up to you to perform.

Keefe will be canned as will Shanny, In the end it was the players who caused the pink slips. Anyone in management who lobbied for these massive contracts to remain on the books the one responsible for this eight year long fiasco/league wide embarrassment.

If you wear a Leafs hat around town nowadays you surely are mocked. The association is far worse than just "we tried but lost again".

Thews

Apr 15, 2019
Still blows my mind how he wasn't fired after Montreal in 2021
This will always be one of the biggest mistakes I have always thought about during this all. Especially because this is also the time when Bruce Cassidy was available, how you do not immediately eject Keefe the second the news breaks and offer Cassidy whatever he wants is beyond me.

Reactions: fahad203

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Keefe cares more about getting Jarnkrok a depth goal than he does winning the series.

/thread

Down 3-1…. Ryan Reaves is on the ice

f*** you keefe your a true f***ing idiot.
He laid a guy out which brought the crowd back into the game on home ice.

It's the playoffs. 3-1 is the same as 1-0 when a team ramps it up.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
I called it yesterday when they put in Brodie and benched dewar for nylander that it would be a write off of a game... Jarnkrok should have been the one to bench, that fourth line was effective and they f***ed it up. It was also plainly obvious that Samsonov can not be the guy after game 1... He has a wrap sheet of poor goaltending in the playoffs his whole career

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
This man should be fired today after one of the worse performances I’ve seen these soft players have!!!

Keefe: "Nothing wrong with our effort level here tonight. Guys are competing. It's physical hockey. Guys are trying. It's a good team over there. It's limiting us. You can question a lot of things, can't question the effort."

I called it yesterday when they put in Brodie and benched dewar for nylander that it would be a write off of a game... Jarnkrok should have been the one to bench, that fourth line was effective and they f***ed it up. It was also plainly obvious that Samsonov can not be the guy after game 1... He has a wrap sheet of poor goaltending in the playoffs his whole career
lol what about when no one claimed him on waivers and many, even experts on tv saying he should never play another nhl game again.

Only the maple leafs do these things sadly!!!

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Team is so pathetic that they couldn't score more than 2 goals a game for 12 of last 13 games

Couldn't give anything to the fanbase to cheer for

Because of one prodigy coach

Cassell

Apr 28, 2024
Should have been gone after the Montreal series, but that’s neither here nor there.

Okay, so the organization fires Keefe and his entire coaching staff. Let’s hear some names as far as replacements. Ideally someone with a proven track record of winning and someone who will hold players accountable, not let them run the show and maintain a country club atmosphere.

Reactions: CincoHolio

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
I don't think Keefe is a bad person, so I'm not going to sling insults. He's just outside of his depth with running this team. It performs well in spite of him, not because of him. The playoffs are where coaches earn their keep.

I want Q.

Reactions: Al14

Aloysius

Oct 9, 2021
My thoughts:
1. TML has a better roster of players (goalies excepted).
2. Bs have better goalies.
3. Goalie disadvantage can be neutralized (see recently Vegas last year, Colorado this year).
4. Player advantage can be neutralized (see recent TML regular season and playoff history).
TML playoff history shows:
1. Goalie disadvantage not neutralized.
2. Player advantage neutralized.
For TML improvement:
1. Better goalies to reduce disadvantage.
2. Better coach to exploit player advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad