Confirmed Trade: [NYR/BOS] Rick Nash (50% ret.) for Lindgren, Spooner, Beleskey (50% ret.), 2018 1st, 2019 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Anything positive from Spooner is gravy for NY. The D prospect and the first were the big part of the deal.

I was a big Spooner fan and supporter. I wish him all the best. Trading him hurts because he is so talented and deserved much more notice in Boston . For me watching Spooner succeed elsewhere is all good. The bruins did well moving him. He deserves a shot to be elite elsewhere. Go Spooner! Enjoy Ranger fans.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Anything positive from Spooner is gravy for NY. The D prospect and the first were the big part of the deal.

Dunno, Spooner could easily end up the best player in that deal for New York. Lindgren is a good player and seems promising but we all know D take a lot longer to develope in this league and are no sure thing. The picks aren't a sure thing. Spooner is an established player that we know can play and should only improve over the next few years. He got better in Boston this year which made him attractive enough that New York was satisfied with him instead of DeBrusk, but he ought to do even better now - and it looks like he already is

If Lindgren turns into a top 4 that'll be a nice deal, New York very well could have turned their team around from this deadline

Reactions: belford222

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Spooner 5 points in two games. RFA at the end of the year. Likely 3.75 million contract next year and the Bruins were not planning to sign him. He will be good and wish him well as a Ranger.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
It looks like this deal could be a win-win for both teams.

I'm glad to see Nash doing well for Boston. A lot of people were obsessed by only comparing his points now versus in his prime. He does a lot of things well and maybe has better chemistry with his linemates in Boston.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That pass by Spoons on the OT winner though. The whole play was pretty sweet weaving in and out and protecting the puck from #9 .

Reactions: belford222

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
He never was a lazy player. Just played more defensive hockey with the Rangers. Boston will give him more offensive freedom.

This just sounds so odd to read: Boston and offensive freedom in the same sentence?? That hasn't exactly been a Bruins calling card :laugh:. Well said though, Nash has really impressed in the 2 games so far and he's definitely not lazy.

Good for the Rangers and Spooner too. Nothing wrong with him, he just wasn't really a long term fit here. The kid can play

Last edited:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
This was a great deal for the Rangers because they got a hell of a lot more back than anyone thought they would.

But Bruins fans will love Nash's game and we've been saying that for a long time. He may not score every night but he's going to make things happen out there in both ends.

I think this is the one deal where both sides will win. Sign him and keep him for a couple of years if you're happy with him, he's still got gas in the tank.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It looks like this deal could be a win-win for both teams.

I'm glad to see Nash doing well for Boston. A lot of people were obsessed by only comparing his points now versus in his prime. He does a lot of things well and maybe has better chemistry with his linemates in Boston.

Yup, and having Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrank go up against the best puts Nash in a position he has never been in... the chance to feast on secondary and bottom pairings... until they play Tampa or Nashville :)

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I still remember going to a providence Bruins game in 2010 and at the last minute I wrote "It's Spooner Knight at the dunk!" On a pizza box I had in my car and brought it into the game, spoons gave me a stick tap on the glass as did Jared Knight. Glad to see spooners story is turning out a lot better than knights though!

He's a smooth player and I hope he does really well in New York

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
What I hope you get from Nash is a player that is no longer tasked with being a defensive player.

The system the Bruins play is sound, let Nash focus on offence, while being smart on D and he will be dangerous again.

Hope you are happy with him after the pos are over.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I think Nash is going to be a beast for Boston

Nonsense. Nash is still a damn good player and is a perfect fit for the Bruins. He's going to be a big difference maker for them.

Bump. Not shocked in the least to see Nasher doing big things for Boston.

If he thrives in the playoffs though in a way he never did for us..man oh man is my AV hatred going to explode through the roof and all the way to the Sun.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It was wrong topic my mistake. :)

Rick Nash looking good for Boston too this evening! ;)

Reactions: BruinLVGA

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
That was a hell of a game. Crazy goals, Chara fights Oleksiak, bad blood everywhere. It would be like the battle scenes in Braveheart in a 7 game series. I am really proud of the leadership of this team to accurately assess this team. You can battle like hell to get into the wildcard and get humiliated or you can build a better squad. The top teams are loaded for bear and it would have been Custer-esque had we gotten in. Spare me the Rudy crap. That gets you through one round. In the end you're better off doing what we did.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I've known Spooner and his folks since he got drafted. Great parents and Ryan has grown up a lot. His best is ahead - he came into a wagon of a team around 2013/14/15 both talent and strong personalities with a coach who probably wasn't the best fit

Maturity, confidence, diet, training all part of who he is and why he's playing so well.

I wish him the best he's a nice kid and very talented and the change will be great for him

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Gotta love all of the genius player evaluators who said Nash was slow and no longer an effective player. Just goes to show you that for every poster that actually knows something about a player, there are five who know nothing about the player, but will be sure to stick their two cents in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad