Confirmed Trade: [NYR/BOS] Rick Nash (50% ret.) for Lindgren, Spooner, Beleskey (50% ret.), 2018 1st, 2019 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
for years I always predicted spooner would probably end up on another team where they allow him to run and gun and he becomes a solid 60 point guy. the points don't surprise me. I wouldn't expect this pace to continue

but 60 points... he has more than enough talent to do that if hes allowed to focus on being a 1 dimensional point producer and gets a ton of pp time

the question really is more about the 200 foot game for spooner as to whether he will ever be good enough to help a team win games.

I wish him well

as for nash... hope he stays motivate and playing hard at playoff time. he hasn't always been the best producer at playoff time. hes playing for a contract so I cross my fingers and hope he will help us win some games that matter

Reactions: jw2

Cotton

May 13, 2013
for years I always predicted spooner would probably end up on another team where they allow him to run and gun and he becomes a solid 60 point guy. the points don't surprise me. I wouldn't expect this pace to continue

but 60 points... he has more than enough talent to do that if hes allowed to focus on being a 1 dimensional point producer and gets a ton of pp time

the question really is more about the 200 foot game for spooner as to whether he will ever be good enough to help a team win games.

I wish him well

as for nash... hope he stays motivate and playing hard at playoff time. he hasn't always been the best producer at playoff time. hes playing for a contract so I cross my fingers and hope he will help us win some games that matter

Phil Kessel is a one-dimensional point producer, always has been, Pittsburgh was able to win with him. I imagine aslong as Spooner is contributing offensively he’ll be able to help them win games too.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Glad to see Spooner doing well, trade has worked very nicely for both teams. Consistency has always been his issue, hopefully he keeps it up and sticks around for you guys. He was always jumping around from C to W from 2nd line to 3rd line here... Maybe what HE needed was a bit of consistency.

Nash has been awesome for us, a force every game. Hopefully he can stick around here if he keeps it up, too.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Glad to see Spooner doing well, trade has worked very nicely for both teams. Consistency has always been his issue, hopefully he keeps it up and sticks around for you guys. He was always jumping around from C to W from 2nd line to 3rd line here... Maybe what HE needed was a bit of consistency.

Nash has been awesome for us, a force every game. Hopefully he can stick around here if he keeps it up, too.
As a Rangers fan, I want Nash back after this season but if he ends up staying a Bruin I'd be cool with it. He is still a pretty good player and well rounded. He looks pretty good playing in Boston.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Phil Kessel is a one-dimensional point producer, always has been, Pittsburgh was able to win with him. I imagine aslong as Spooner is contributing offensively he’ll be able to help them win games too.
Unfortunately the talent gap is huge between Kessel and Spooner

Reactions: Thrive

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Spooner is a good get for the Rangers. I think Bruins shouldn't have been so desperate to make this trade, especially since the Rangers made their chief competitor even better.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Spooner has been pretty solid defensively for us actually he’s not THAT one dimensional, he tries to play physically as well throwing some small hits. He’s on pace for 62 points this year (although it most likely will go down once he cools off, I don’t expect a 60+ guy out of him but he’s playing like one for us)

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Spooner is a good get for the Rangers. I think Bruins shouldn't have been so desperate to make this trade, especially since the Rangers made their chief competitor even better.
"Desperate"... We wanted an upgrade over Spooner, who was pretty much guaranteed not to get a pricey extension here, and we got it. We are happy, Rangers are happy. End of story.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
classic trade that made both teams better, lets leave it at that shall we. I really liked Spooner and knew he would light it up in a better system fit and so is Nash. Holden was the Bruins best dee today, guy has hands and is solid in both ends of the ice. Potential top 4 for my liking.

Last edited:

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

I wish him well

Ranger fans always defended Nash's playoff numbers for good reason. The guy brings it in the playoffs, finishes every check and generates all the chances he can - just has been really snake bitten to be honest. Look at his last playoff run, etc., he has produced fine. Believe me, no one watching Nash says that he is a playoff underperformer.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Ranger fans always defended Nash's playoff numbers for good reason. The guy brings it in the playoffs, finishes every check and generates all the chances he can - just has been really snake bitten to be honest. Look at his last playoff run, etc., he has produced fine. Believe me, no one watching Nash says that he is a playoff underperformer.

maybe snake bit his entire career?

but im just concerned with today and my bruins... if you were happy what he gave you for 7.8 mill the last few seasons your satisfaction level is easier met than mine.

i have liked his hustle effort to play 200 feet game. even with spooners mega hot week, this still looks like a win for boston short term

rangers im sure did what was right for their plans.

win win so far

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
About every shift Nash gets a scoring chance, his reach is a huge asset and he makes Boston tougher to play against.
Been better than expected, and if he keeps playing well 2 year extension would be very nice.

Still think Spooner should have bought 100% of Beleskey and not just 50.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Has Nash done any interviews on NESN yet? Dude glares at the camera so hard it's as if he's trying to pierce through your soul
DXPshHwV4AAKDT7.jpg:large

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT

This is what many Ranger fans were saying about Nash for the 6 weeks leading up to the deadline.

In 85% of responding posts, we were literally laughed at.

This is one of those cases were it is worthwhile listening to what a fanbase is saying about a player's ability.

You need to look beyond what a fan may think he is worth and rather read why he is thought of so highly. Other than when he was playing through injury, especially hits to head, he has always been a noticeable player when on the ice. he just hasn't put up the numbers- of which a considerable amount of blame lays with the coach and who he played with and how he was used.

Beyond what he can still do on the ice, he is a tremendous person off of it, and I think he will help Boston a lot on this run.

Good luck.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I'm surprised Spooner was dealt he really seemed like he was turning the corner this year.
The rumor was the Rangers wanted DeBrusk who is cheaper and has a higher ceiling and possibly Carlo. Good for Spooner I really liked his skill set but he was not going be in Boston next year with Donato, Bjork or Cehlarik needing a place to play. Krejci and Spooner were passers both very good but that line needed a shooter. Again very impressed with Holden, guy has top 4 potential on dee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->