Confirmed Trade: [NYR/BOS] Rick Nash (50% ret.) for Lindgren, Spooner, Beleskey (50% ret.), 2018 1st, 2019 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I hope Rick Nash decides to stay in Boston on a short term deal after the season is done. He looks like the winger Krejci has been looking for ever since Lucic and Iginla left.

Agreed, he looks fantastic on the 2nd line with Krejci.

Curious what he'd be looking for but I doubt its something Sweeney would want to pay given his UFA status.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
This is still early on, but I’d like to take this moment to say “I told you so.” I’ve watched him for years, the kind of plays he’s making with Boston on both ends of the ice are what he’s always done with the Rangers. Enjoy B’s fans.
:clap:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Two games so i won’t get too excited yet. All i can say is that he’s been better than i expected in those games.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Primary assist on his first shift tonight. 3 points in 1 game and a shift so far. Nash is looking great for Boston as well

Edit- Spooner with another assist, 4 points through 1 game and half the first period

Last edited:
Reactions: haveandare

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Everyone is well aware of spooners passing. If he can keep it good going then he’ll be a surprise.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Spooner with two assists in the 1st. 2 games with 4 points with NYR so far. Seems to be a good partner with Hayes.

As for Nash, it was tough to seem him go. Boston gave up a lot for him and he has looked good with Krejci.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Spooner with two assists in the 1st. 2 games with 4 points with NYR so far. Seems to be a good partner with Hayes.

As for Nash, it was tough to seem him go. Boston gave up a lot for him and he has looked good with Krejci.
It really is tough to see him go. Seeing him so happy scoring that goal was great though, we rarely saw that this year with the Rangers. Glad he’s been really good for the Bruins. He’s still a very good player and as he gets older, his effort level improves. He’s not a lazy bum like everyone thinks, he works his ass off

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
It really is tough to see him go. Seeing him so happy scoring that goal was great though, we rarely saw that this year with the Rangers. Glad he’s been really good for the Bruins. He’s still a very good player and as he gets older, his effort level improves. He’s not a lazy bum like everyone thinks, he works his ass off

He never was a lazy player. Just played more defensive hockey with the Rangers. Boston will give him more offensive freedom.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Spooner has been decent defensively but apparently he’s afraid of physicality. He has a couple hits in this game and has been going to dirty areas.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Spooner has been decent defensively but apparently he’s afraid of physicality. He has a couple hits in this game and has been going to dirty areas.
5 points now in 2 games, sick play by him in OT and a sick pass to Gilmour who finished it

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Me watching Spooner play hockey

MealyRaggedAss-size_restricted.gif

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
5 points in his first 2 games as a Ranger....not bad, not bad at all...
Yup this trade will end up a steal for the Rangers big time he was always behind 2 centers in Boston and still produced decent he has a real good chance of putting up 60 pts next season Add in Lindgren and a 1st wow

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Always loved Spoons in Boston. He's very creative but was behind some great fowards. Sucks he didn't work out with us but glad to see he's doing well and happy in NY.

Luckily for me I picked him up in my fantasy for tonight :naughty:

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Me watching Spooner play hockey

MealyRaggedAss-size_restricted.gif

Please don't check his career relCF% numbers to keep the mood up :sarcasm:.

Spooner was in a weird spot in Boston. Didn't really have a fit in the team due to multitude of issues and everyone thought it was his final year in Boston for pretty much every year of his career as a Bruin. Trades often have a deep effect on players, whether for good or for ill. Spooner might benefit a lot from a change of scenery.

Reactions: Ori

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Please don't check his career relCF% numbers to keep the mood up :sarcasm:.

Spooner was in a weird spot in Boston. Didn't really have a fit in the team due to multitude of issues and everyone thought it was his final year in Boston for pretty much every year of his career as a Bruin. Trades often have a deep effect on players, whether for good or for ill. Spooner might benefit a lot from a change of scenery.

:laugh::laugh:

He's not that bad. He's like a -1 this year which isn't going to kill me if he produces. And it's way better than what we're used to.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Anything positive from Spooner is gravy for NY. The D prospect and the first were the big part of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad