Confirmed Trade: [NYR/BOS] Rick Nash (50% ret.) for Lindgren, Spooner, Beleskey (50% ret.), 2018 1st, 2019 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Interesting how much Spooner's trade value shot up overnight. When Bruins fans had dozens of simultaneous threads trying to ship him out of town for any return no one was willing to part away with a high second round pick for him.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Interesting how much Spooner's trade value shot up overnight. When Bruins fans had dozens of simultaneous threads trying to ship him out of town for any return no one was willing to part away with a high second round pick for him.

Was because he couldn't be trusted to lace up his skates in a playoff game because the increase in everyone's compete left him totally overwhelmed. I do hope he gets that part of his game figured out because he's a really nice young man otherwise. Never felt like a bad teammate or a bad guy.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
I like this trade from both sides. Spooner's played better this year but isn't a player I'd trust in the playoffs when things get more physical and defences tighten up.
Bruins stocked the cupboards with prospects and young players the last 4 years so can afford to move the late 1st and Lindgren. Saving some cap space with Beleskey helps down the road.

Hope Beleskey can salvage his career in New York.

I bet Belesky gets bought out.

He's useless, even at 2 million.

Bought out Rangers/Bruins are both laughing as it would be minimal on cap

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I bet Belesky gets bought out.

He's useless, even at 2 million.

Bought out Rangers/Bruins are both laughing as it would be minimal on cap

I figure he gets bought out but thought with this Rangers line-up that he might suit up a few times to close out the year. His game deteriorated as fast as anyone's I've seen. He was fine (not worth the salary but definitely a decent NHL players) and then just a couple weeks later - nothing.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

I soured on Spooner last season. His compete level and inability to win a one-on-one battle frustrated me to no end and I was surprised they never cut ties with him this summer after benching him in the playoffs. He was reluctant to play wing but too soft for centre.

He did play better this season and appeared much more engaged - but still needed to be sheltered. Hopefully he builds on that with the Rangers as he is talented but I'm not sad to see him go. One of the most frustrating Bruins of recent memory. And I wouldn't have trusted him in the playoffs.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Bruins fans were claiming he's just as good as Kreider and cited his point totals a few days before trading him. I found that even more interesting.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I figure he gets bought out but thought with this Rangers line-up that he might suit up a few times to close out the year. His game deteriorated as fast as anyone's I've seen. He was fine (not worth the salary but definitely a decent NHL players) and then just a couple weeks later - nothing.

His first year here he was very well liked. Chipped in on offense every now and then, but we loved his hustle and grit. He showed up every game. People wanted heads to roll after the 15-16 season, and Beleskey was one of the few guys (only Pastrnak and Bergeron were the others, which really tells you something) that people wanted coming back the next year.

I don't think he's showed up since. Shame because he's a really great guy and seemed to absolutely love Boston. Really confusing, you'd think a guy with his work ethic and style of play would stick around. It wasn't injury, illness, laziness... He just completely fell off the face of the Earth.

Reactions: 72hockey guy

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Looked great. He's really the perfect fit with Krejci..he's been most successful with Power forwards on his wing. Immediately started killing penalties too which is a good sign.
Awesome. Happy to hear. A lot of NYR fans have hard feelings against him but I love the guy. Hope he wins with you.

And yeah, he's a great PKer. He's definitely lost his scoring edge but he's become a way more effective player in his own zone.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
How has Nash looked for the Bs?

Only one game but it was surprising that he didn't score. His size made a huge difference and he rang a post. Krejci loves having a big goal scorer on his wing so we're really hoping this will energize him. Excited to see how he follows his first game up.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Nash has looked good so far, hit a post. Tonight so far he just saved a goal on the goal line by diving in

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
People are underrating the **** out of Nash. Much like how another poster pointed out how Gaborik was able to thrive with the Kings once the weight of the world was lifted off his shoulders, Nash will do the same. On a well built team he will provide much needed secondary scoring and make goal saving defensive plays— he is absolutely selke caliber. A complete and experienced player that will thrive in a secondary scoring role.

With that said, this is a superb return for the Rangers. Thrilled to have Spooner. By retaining salary on Nash and Beleskey the Rangers got more. Really well done Gorton.

This is still early on, but I’d like to take this moment to say “I told you so.” I’ve watched him for years, the kind of plays he’s making with Boston on both ends of the ice are what he’s always done with the Rangers. Enjoy B’s fans.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I heard he was slow but he has looking fast enough, long strides on tall guys may look slower but they get there quicker

Whoever told you he was slow doesn’t know anything.

Most players see a deterioration in their skating as they get older and that’s the prime thing that causes their game to decline. In Nash’s case, he kept his skating, but his reaction time and quick-fire neurons are what deteriorated. Because of that, he can’t always get a deceptive shot off, which was the heart of his goal scoring. That goal he scored tonight? That’s an example of what he can’t do anymore on the regular. That strange quick shot that surprises the goalie. It’ll still happen on occasion, but not often enough to score 35 in a season anymore.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Whoever told you he was slow doesn’t know anything.

Most players see a deterioration in their skating as they get older and that’s the prime thing that causes their game to decline. In Nash’s case, he kept his skating, but his reaction time and quick-fire neurons are what deteriorated. Because of that, he can’t always get a deceptive shot off, which was the heart of his goal scoring. That goal he scored tonight? That’s an example of what he can’t do anymore on the regular. That strange quick shot that surprises the goalie. It’ll still happen on occasion, but not often enough to score 35 in a season anymore.
pretty much most Leaf fans said that and they are the experts

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I heard he was slow but he has looking fast enough, long strides on tall guys may look slower but they get there quicker
I have responded to posters here that he isn't slow at all after posters said he was old and slow. Just goes to show you that you shouldn't pay attention the the majority of posters on this board.
Nash is still a stud and will be great with the B's.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad