North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Is there any way to watch these matches online? I tried briefly Saturday but came up with absolutely nothing.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I like Hrynkiw's play but the defense is really collapsing and helping him out. He gives up quite a lot of rebounds, but is pretty solid positionally.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
I like Hrynkiw's play but the defense is really collapsing and helping him out. He gives up quite a lot of rebounds, but is pretty solid positionally.
For a non scholarship player playing behind 2 scholarship goalies Matt is doing a fabulous job. UND remains undefeated at 4-0-2 and travel to CC for their first conference series.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
GRAND FORKS, N.D. – University of North Dakota freshman forward Brock Boeser and junior goaltender Matt Hrynkiw have both been recognized by the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) for their outstanding play in North Dakota’s non-conference sweep at Vermont last weekend.

Boeser (pronounced bess-ur) was named NCHC Rookie of the Week while Hrynkiw (pronounced her-INK-yoo) became the second goaltender from UND this season to earn NCHC Goaltender of the Week honors. Sophomore Cam Johnson previously received the honor on Oct. 12.

Boeser, from Burnsville, Minn., led all NCHC freshmen in scoring over the weekend with three points. He set up Bryn Chyzyk’s power-play goal in the third period of Friday’s 2-0 win, then followed up with a goal and an assist in Saturday’s 5-2 victory. In his past three games, Boeser has four goals and two assists.

Hrynkiw made his first collegiate road start on Friday and responded with a 27-save shutout. The Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, native also stopped 27 of 29 shots on Saturday to remain unbeaten at 3-0-1 on the season.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I'm a bit disappointed. Good thing UND didn't come up with no nickname for an option. Fighting Hawks just seems underwhelming. I would of gone with Roughriders.

Antsman41

Quack, Quack, Quack!
Aug 12, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
UND,

It was one thing to drop the name... it allowed fans to carry it on their chest and in their lungs knowing it could have been worse, and now you have indeed made it worse.

This is beyond terrible. Once again, the NCAA has done nothing but completely ruin hockey for the Midwest. Big 10, the Big 10 is a joke. It has demolished some of the best rivalries and the most enjoyable games to watch in the WCHA. The WCHA has been the best hockey in North America for many decades. How dare you do this?

UND does not deserve an arena, let alone a hockey team. How can this organization let the NCAA ruin their great traditions and one of the best college hockey legacies off all time?

I have zero desire to ever step a foot into the Ralph ever again. I have loved the Fighting Sioux ever since I could put on skates. I watched so many great UND players dangle in those greta green, black, and white sweaters. What do you teach your students when you let something like this happen?

You can't think for a moment that any hockey fan old or young, will ever believe your intentions to have a bird as your new logo. Black-Hawks and the Fighting Sioux have shared similarities and for you to pull part of one while getting rid of the latter isn't what you exactly did. Don't try to lie about the new name, you tried your best to be PC and walk on eggshells about the original moniker but you have not only ruined true fans' hearts, but you have now made your name actually more on the racist side of things... while the SIOUX never was.

Don't try to hide behind pleasantries and scare tactics. The actual amount of 'backlash' toward the FIGHTING SIOUX was so minuscule, it's crazy how many more you have hurt in the last 6 years. I hope no alumni ever donate towards the UND organization.

"Tradition is the gentle fabric woven through time and experience which generates meaning, character, and identity to one and all. The Fighting Sioux logo, the Fighting Sioux uniforms, the aura of the Fighting Sioux tradition and the spirit of being a Fighting Sioux are of lasting value and immeasurable significance to our past, presence, and future." —Ralph Engelstad

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
"Tradition is the gentle fabric woven through time and experience which generates meaning, character, and identity to one and all. The Fighting Sioux logo, the Fighting Sioux uniforms, the aura of the Fighting Sioux tradition and the spirit of being a Fighting Sioux are of lasting value and immeasurable significance to our past, presence, and future." —Ralph Engelstad

"Seig Heil!" —Ralph Engelstad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad