19 - Shane Gersich
21 - Danys Chartrand
22 - Rhett Gardner
24 - Christian Wolanin
25 - Joel Janatuinen
28 - Hayden Shaw
31 - Matej Tomek

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
There has been a distinct lack of chatter about the new coach. How are you Cats feeling about the new bench boss? Also curious to know what Berry's role was under Hak. I wish Hak the best, btw. If he succeeds it lends greater credibility to college hockey. I just wish he went to a team I could actually root for (aside from them playing #$it-cago or Pitt).

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Got an email about the name choosing process. Seems it's going to be a straight up vote:

University of North Dakota President Robert Kelley has announced the details of the voting process for determining final selection of a nickname for UND’s athletics teams.

The voting process, which will be conducted completely online, will take place in mid-October and will extend for approximately one week. Precise dates will be announced later. Voting will be open to the following groups:

Current UND Students
Current UND Faculty
Current UND Staff
UND Retirees
UND Alumni
UND Donors (including Champions Club members) (one vote per account)
Current season ticket holders to UND athletic events (one vote per account)

In order to be eligible to vote, individuals must be a UND retiree; a current faculty or staff member; a currently-enrolled student as of Sept. 30, 2015; or a donor or season ticket holder as of Aug. 31, 2015.

Shortly before the voting period begins, eligible voters will receive an email with voting instructions. Current UND students, faculty and staff will receive the emails at their UND (UND.edu) email address. Alumni, donors, retirees and all current season ticket holders must confirm their emails through a process that will be communicated soon. Eligible voters who fall into more than one of the above categories—such as a staff member who is also an alumnus—may only vote once, and any identified multiple votes will be voided.

The online voting process will be conducted by Qualtrics, a third-party survey technology provider with more than 7,000 customers in 75 countries. In 2014, Qualtrics customers sent over one billion surveys worldwide.

During the voting process, eligible voters will cast one vote for a single option on the ballot. Eligible voters will choose one of five nickname options:

Fighting Hawks
Nodaks
North Stars
Roughriders
Sundogs

If any of the proposed nicknames receives a majority of more than 50 percent of the votes, that name will be determined to be the new nickname for the University of North Dakota.

In the event that no single nickname receives more than 50 percent of the vote, a runoff vote will be held between the two top vote-getters shortly after the initial vote.

Said UND President Robert Kelley: “In deciding the final list of names to include in the final vote, I have reviewed the recommendations of the Nickname Committee, the additional input received from a recent student poll, and input from many other individual students (including student athletes), faculty, staff, alumni and community members who have contacted me. I have considered all this input carefully and, in determining the final voting list, have concluded that it is in the best long-term interest of the University not to use ‘North Dakota’ as the University’s official nickname.”

President Kelley added, “As I have noted many times, North Dakota is not a nickname—it is a reflection of our pride in who we are. We have been North Dakota—UND—for more than 130 years, and we always will be. The Nickname Committee has delivered a list of five prospective nicknames with the potential to add value to our already-existing North Dakota identity and evoke the pride and spirit that we all feel for our University and our State. I respect and support the process the Committee used, and the extensive public input they gathered. In making this decision, I also respect their final recommendations.”

President Kelley also received extensive input concerning the people who should be involved in the voting process. One important consideration in the decision is the importance of verifying voter identity to prevent fraud. Each eligible voter’s identity and connection to UND will be confirmed.

Even more importantly, noted President Kelley, “We have appreciated the opportunity this past year to gather feedback and ensure representation from all interested parties across the state and across the country. This was accomplished through broad stakeholder representation on the two teams that worked on this process. It was also accomplished by gathering feedback from last fall's town hall meetings, an online survey, and the month-long nickname comment process conducted by the Nickname Committee this past April. It is now time to allow the final step of this process to be undertaken by those individuals with the most direct ties to UND—students, alumni, faculty, staff, retirees, donors, and season ticket holders.”

goon

College Hockey: 3 Story Lines for the 2015-16 Season

The CBSSN TV schedule is out.

Fri., Jan. 1, 2016 Notre Dame at Denver Magness Arena, Denver, Colo. 9:30 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 8, 2016 Colorado College at St. Cloud State Herb Brooks National Hockey Center, St. Cloud, Minn. 8:30 p.m.
Sat., Jan. 9, 2016 Notre Dame at Western Michigan Lawson Ice Arena, Kalamazoo, Mich. 8:00 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 22, 2016 Miami at Omaha Baxter Arena, Omaha, Neb. 8:30 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 29, 2016 Denver at Miami Steve Cady Arena, Oxford, Ohio 7:00 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 29, 2016 Omaha at Colorado College Broadmoor World Arena, Colorado Springs, Colo. 9:30 p.m.
Fri., Feb. 12, 2016 Western Michigan at Omaha Baxter Arena, Omaha, Neb. 7:30 p.m.
Fri., Feb. 12, 2016 North Dakota at Denver Magness Arena, Denver, Colo. 10:00 p.m.
Fri., Feb. 19, 2016 Minnesota Duluth at North Dakota Ralph Engelstad Arena, Grand Forks, N.D. 8:30 p.m.
Fri., Feb. 26, 2016 Minnesota Duluth at St. Cloud State Herb Brooks National Hockey Center, St. Cloud, Minn. 9:00 p.m.
Fri., Mar. 4, 2016 Western Michigan at North Dakota Ralph Engelstad Arena, Grand Forks, N.D. 9:00 p.m.
Fri., Mar. 18, 2016 NCHC Semifinal #1 Target Center, Minneapolis, Minn. 5:00 p.m.
Fri., Mar. 18, 2016 NCHC Semifinal #2 Target Center, Minneapolis, Minn. 8:30 p.m.
Sat., Mar. 19, 2016 NCHC Championship Target Center, Minneapolis, Minn. 8:30 p.m.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND

UND in the pros 2015-16

Posted on September 17, 2015 by Brad Elliott Schlossman

On the eve of NHL training camp, here’s the list that I have put together for former UND players in the pros. I have counted a total of 52 guys under contract so far — I still think a couple more may trickle in — playing in 13 different countries. Here’s your list. Let me know if I’m missing anyone.

NHL (23)
Taylor Chorney, Washington Capitals
Aaron Dell, San Jose Sharks
Derek Forbort, Los Angeles Kings
Matt Frattin, Toronto Maple Leafs
Matt Greene, Los Angeles Kings
Rocco Grimaldi, Florida Panthers
Corban Knight, Florida Panthers
Danny Kristo, St. Louis Blues
Mark MacMillan, Montreal Canadiens
Andrew MacWilliam, Winnipeg Jets
Brad Malone, Carolina Hurricanes
Zane McIntyre, Boston Bruins
Brock Nelson, New York Islanders
T.J. Oshie, Washington Capitals
Zach Parise, Minnesota Wild
Chris Porter, Philadelphia Flyers
Jordan Schmaltz, St. Louis Blues
Dillon Simpson, Edmonton Oilers
Drew Stafford, Winnipeg Jets
Adam Tambellini, New York Rangers
Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks
Chris VandeVelde, Philadelphia Flyers
Travis Zajac, New Jersey Devils

AHL (4)
Nick Mattson, Rockford Ice Hogs
Michael Parks, Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Carter Rowney, Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins
Evan Trupp, Chicago Wolves

ECHL (3)
Corey Fienhage, Utah Grizzlies
Jake Marto, Colorado Eagles
Derek Rodwell, Colorado Eagles

Europe (22)
Ryan Bayda, Straubing (Germany)
Robbie Bina, Wolfsburg (Germany)
Hunter Bishop, Krefeld (Germany)
Ben Blood, Lahti (Finland)
Brandon Bochenski, Astana (Kazakhstan)
Mike Cichy, Opole (Poland)
Taylor Dickin, Edinburgh (Scotland)
Ryan Duncan, Salzburg (Austria)
Michael Forney, Belfast (England)
Connor Gaarder, Asker (Norway)
Chay Genoway, Moscow (Russia)
Colby Genoway, Zagreb (Croatia)
Andrew Kozek, Linz (Austria)
Brad Miller, Peiting (Germany)
Jean-Philippe Lamoureux, Villach (Austria)
Mario Lamoureux, Esbjerg (Denmark)
Matt Smaby, Munchen (Germany)
Rastislav Spirko, Martin (Slovakia)
Bill Trew, Regensburg (Germany)
Jason Ulmer, Linz (Austria)
Jeff Ulmer, Innsbruck (Austria)
Matt Watkins, Kouvola (Finland)
- See more at: http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=100798#sthash.hBDcwiPN.dpuf

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Joe Finley? Also, I wouldn't count on Frattin being with the Leafs this year; Babcock tends to opt on spent veterans for contendedroster spots.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
NEW YORK – In a clash between two of college hockey’s premier programs, the University of North Dakota and Boston College will meet in a new marquee event, the College Hockey Showdown, on December 3, 2016 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) and Madison Square Garden announced Thursday.

The College Hockey Showdown at Madison Square Garden brings together perennial top-10 schools, which have won a combined 12 NCAA National Championships and made 45 NCAA Frozen Fours, to face off at the historic venue.

http://www.undsports.com/?KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=13500&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
According to the Grand Forks Herald, a preseason practice injury to North Dakota’s Colten St. Clair will see the senior forward miss the first half of the 2015-16 season.

The Herald report states St. Clair will need surgery on an undisclosed arm injury.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Looks like freshman goalie Tomek will miss at least another 1 to 2 weeks due to a lower body injury. Johnson played this weekend and after the first period Friday he settled down nicely. Tomek is a third round draft pick for Philly.

ac9er

Jan 9, 2015
Question Sioux fans, how is Pat Sweeney not calling games on that Mido thing. He was great on FSSN. The "Sioux" are my co #2 team as UNH is my top. Love watching your program each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad