North Dakota Fighting Sioux (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
UND,

It was one thing to drop the name... it allowed fans to carry it on their chest and in their lungs knowing it could have been worse, and now you have indeed made it worse.

This is beyond terrible. Once again, the NCAA has done nothing but completely ruin hockey for the
You can't think for a moment that any hockey fan old or young, will ever believe your intentions to have a bird as your new logo. Black-Hawks and the Fighting Sioux have shared similarities and for you to pull part of one while getting rid of the latter isn't what you exactly did. Don't try to lie about the new name, you tried your best to be PC and walk on eggshells about the original moniker but you have not only ruined true fans' hearts, but you have now made your name actually more on the racist side of things... while the SIOUX never was.

Don't try to hide behind pleasantries and scare tactics. The actual amount of 'backlash' toward the FIGHTING SIOUX was so minuscule, it's crazy how many more you have hurt in the last 6 years. I hope no alumni ever donate towards the UND organization.

"Tradition is the gentle fabric woven through time and experience which generates meaning, character, and identity to one and all. The Fighting Sioux logo, the Fighting Sioux uniforms, the aura of the Fighting Sioux tradition and the spirit of being a Fighting Sioux are of lasting value and immeasurable significance to our past, presence, and future." —Ralph Engelstad

Two questions: 1) how is 'Fighting Hawks' more on the racist side of things?
2) If 'Fighting Sioux' was not racist, how is the new moniker more racist? The paradox of more of a thing from nothing has me wondering.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
12308250_1002613169802381_8676234978605406613_n.jpg

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Interesting statistic. UND goalies have more shutouts so far this season than Zane had in his career. Cam Johnson has gone 218 minutes 38 seconds without allowing a goal. Longest by a UND goalie in 62 years. 249:41 is the record by Spike Schultz in 53-54 season. With Alabama-Huntsville next he has a great chance of beating that record.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Interesting statistic. UND goalies have more shutouts so far this season than Zane had in his career. Cam Johnson has gone 218 minutes 38 seconds without allowing a goal. Longest by a UND goalie in 62 years. 249:41 is the record by Spike Schultz in 53-54 season. With Alabama-Huntsville next he has a great chance of beating that record.

How it looks like with Matej Tomek? Is he still injured?

ac9er

Jan 9, 2015
Fighting Hawks? Are you F****** serious? Just go with Nodaks and no one ever use it. Sioux was so much better.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I have to say, I was scared North Dakota was seriously considering going with NO NICKNAME as an option. I mean, "If we won't have Fighting ***** nickname anymore, then we won't have ANY NICKNAME! THAT'LL SHOW THOSE MEAN NCAA REPRESENATIVES!" At least cooler heads prevailed at Grand Forks and decided for Fighting Hawks.

ac9er

Jan 9, 2015
I have to say, I was scared North Dakota was seriously considering going with NO NICKNAME as an option. I mean, "If we won't have Fighting ***** nickname anymore, then we won't have ANY NICKNAME! THAT'LL SHOW THOSE MEAN NCAA REPRESENATIVES!" At least cooler heads prevailed at Grand Forks and decided for Fighting Hawks.

Just sounds tacky to me. Everyone is changing to some form of Hawk. I preferred Nodaks or Nordaks. No matter what the NCAA thinks, they're driving the support of the Sioux moniker which isn't what they wanted. Ridiculous you can have Seminoles but not Sioux.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
That sweep of UNO guarantees UND will have at least a share of the conference championship. Also moved up to the 2 spot in the pairwise. Western Michigan at home to finish up the season. 1 point and the Penrose Cup is theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad