North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
No comments on the Mark Shoemaker signing by San Jose? They must see something in him that many here don't,

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No comments on the Mark Shoemaker signing by San Jose? They must see something in him that many here don't,

Didn't notice it. I guess I just learned what a 'bona fide offer' is in NHL terms.

Right shot, offensive D are like unicorns in the NHL. This guy is still incredibly raw. They're taking a shot, I guess.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Didn't notice it. I guess I just learned what a 'bona fide offer' is in NHL terms.

Right shot, offensive D are like unicorns in the NHL. This guy is still incredibly raw. They're taking a shot, I guess.

What does a 'bona fide offer' mean? I saw that and was confused as well...

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Another former Centennial player has been named assistant coach, welcome back Scott Wray.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
“Not only do we develop players in our organization, we also develop coaches,†Butler said.
Why doesn't he develop himself & get out of dodge ? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
“Not only do we develop players in our organization, we also develop coaches,†Butler said.
Why doesn't he develop himself & get out of dodge ? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Butler sure wasn't in Powassan mentoring Scott and over seeing day to day operations, he doesn't show up for Battalion practices.

Good assistants are critical for the Troops , run practice/buffer from Butlers noise.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Butler sure wasn't in Powassan mentoring Scott and over seeing day to day operations, he doesn't show up for Battalion practices.

Good assistants are critical for the Troops , run practice/buffer from Butlers noise.
Sorry but if you think Butler doesn't have his hands involved the Voodoo's organization you need to pay a little closer attention.

There wouldn't be the current affiliation with the Troops if he didn't have a say on some aspects of the team. He's a control freak.

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
I can see a day where Butler decides to step down and focus on the GM duties only. Wray is close to ready to step in as head coach. He just needs a little time to sharpen his skills.
Congratulations Mr Wray.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Sorry but if you think Butler doesn't have his hands involved the Voodoo's organization you need to pay a little closer attention.

There wouldn't be the current affiliation with the Troops if he didn't have a say on some aspects of the team. He's a control freak.

My point was that he/they didn't develop Scott Wray.
I don't need to pay a little closer attention, of course he is in the back ground, less now than in the first year as ownership there are listening less to him now.

Yes he is a CONTROL FREAK

Greatger

May 11, 2007

Two completely different systems in place. One is defense 1st, the other is more offense with defense chipping in. Hope that Wray is able to adapt to Butlers defense first system or he won't be long here.

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
Wray used the same system in Powassan. One two two with a floating trap.
Not much different than Stan's.
And yes you need offensive D to step up to help scoring.
The Battalion lacked that last year with Dineen hurt and Wood gone.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Wray used the same system in Powassan. One two two with a floating trap.
Not much different than Stan's.
And yes you need offensive D to step up to help scoring.
The Battalion lacked that last year with Dineen hurt and Wood gone.

You also need forwards who can consistently receive breakout passes. Our forwards were awful last year. Thilander wasn't a world-beater when we got here last year but I vividly remember a few lobs into center ice instead of a normal breakout because his forwards weren't ready for the pass.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
A lack of great forwards could be the result of being at the top of the conference for a few years? Injuries to the top D (where much of the offence was created in recent years) certainly did not help make the forwards look good.
Butler will have the batallion back to good quicker than most others could.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Kislinger traded today to make room for another Euro , good move here , shouldn't be hard to get a upgrade to Kislinger , could of had a local midget kid play in his spot all along.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Kislinger traded today to make room for another Euro , good move here , shouldn't be hard to get a upgrade to Kislinger , could of had a local midget kid play in his spot all along.

Where? and for who?

Found it:

Flint Firebirds of the Ontario Hockey League have obtained 1998 birth-year forward Max Kislinger from the North Bay Battalion for a conditional draft pick.

The German-born Kislinger scored 18 goals in 103 games with North Bay spanning the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 campaigns.

Kislinger has good size at 6-feet-3, 200 pounds

Last edited:

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

https://www.baytoday.ca/sports/battalion-move-kislinger-638612

The North Bay Battalion have traded German import forward Max Kislinger to the Flint Firebirds in exchange for a conditional 15th round pick in the 2020 OHL Priority Selection.

As part of the conditions, if Kislinger plays one game with the Firebirds, the 15-round pick becomes a sixth-round pick in the 2020 draft.

Kislinger, a six-foot-three, 203-pound left-winger, was a first-round draft pick (48th overall) of North Bay in the 2015 CHL Import Draft. Through two seasons with the Battalion, Kislinger has earned 32 points (18G, 14A), including 59 penalty minutes, in 103 games played.

The move was made to free up space for the North Bay Battalion to utilize the 7th overall choice in the annual CHL Import Draft which takes place next week after the NHL Entry Draft on June 28th.

Defenceman and Swedish Import Adam Thilander, is expected to return to the Battalion lineup. He and teammate Brady Lyle are expected to be taken between the third and fifth rounds of the NHL Entry Draft taking place this weekend in Chicago.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Looks like the Troop prospects were not on anybody's radar this time around.

Not entirely surprising. They had a terrible year.

Nice to see Lyle get an invite to the Ducks' rookie development camp though. We might see some invites for Thilander, Brazeau and maybe Vertiy if there's still some interest left there.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yeah, but they also draft better than us. It would be awesome to have any one of Ratcliffe, Schnarr or Samorukov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad