North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
That's a little disappointing. He's a bit of a notable guy and might slip into the later rounds of the NHL Draft this year. But it's not a terrible loss considering our depth on the right side.

Who ever thought he was coming in the first place?

Greatger

May 11, 2007
We are pleased to advise that there will*be no increase in the price of season tickets for 2017-18*and pre-season game ticket(s) will be available to ticketholders for a special rate of $5 to cover Capital Recovery Fees, ticket processing charges and HST.

The Battalion offers one of the lowest season ticket prices in the OHL and the price freeze ensures you receive the best possible value for OHL hockey in North Bay.

We have started invoicing for season tickets and if you are interested in a payment plan, please contact me directly or visit Battalion Headquarters from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to determine which plan best suits your needs.

Just a reminder that in addition to one of the lowest ticket prices in the league, the following benefits are available to season ticketholders:

·*********10 percent off the purchase of additional single-game tickets for family and friends;

·*********10 percent off the purchase of merchandise in the Battalion retail store;

·*********Payment plans for all season ticket packages;

·*********First right to purchase playoff ticket(s) at regular-season price for all rounds;

·*********Email delivery of lineup sheet prior to each home game;

·*********Eligible for Season Ticketholder of the Game prize (new for 2017-18);

·*********Special season ticketholder discount offers from local retailers (new for 2017-18);

·*********Complimentary program for season ticketholders (new for 2017-18);

They are missing the "Ticket Redemption" nights. It's not like they haven't been told. They just don't get it !

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
With the large amount of returning 1997 born defenseman... who stays and who goes?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Try to be traded...... if no takers...school or beer league

I'd wager they're both back in the OHL.

Shoemaker isn't worth a dime. So disappointing, I thought that was a good gamble when the Sharks drafted him.

Shankar probably stays due to our lack of depth at LD.

I'd like to see Bruce traded. He'll probably have some suitors but he's not any better than Thilander or Lyle and wasting an OA spot on a guy who's buried on your roster is a giant waste for a team rebuilding.

What does PBO have that we need?

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
I'd wager they're both back in the OHL.

Shoemaker isn't worth a dime. So disappointing, I thought that was a good gamble when the Sharks drafted him.

Shankar probably stays due to our lack of depth at LD.

I'd like to see Bruce traded. He'll probably have some suitors but he's not any better than Thilander or Lyle and wasting an OA spot on a guy who's buried on your roster is a giant waste for a team rebuilding.

What does PBO have that we need?

Shoemaker & Shankar have been told ......they wont be back.
Bruce will be back , like him or hate him.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Brandon Coe is the real deal Battalion fans, the 6'3" third overall pick in the OHL draft certainly looked impressive this past weekend at the prospects camp here in the Bay! Welcome to all future Troops.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
future..

...sign that Jersey kid with Coe and I am in STH...he has commtted to Vermont..D#1.per US prospect websites.....even without redemption nites.....some assets for sure....trade some vets and then bring in some of these guys...NB players certainly were not out of place...Mills Hardwick..Vescio..VooDoos for sure maybe even Batts...

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
...sign that Jersey kid with Coe and I am in STH...he has commtted to Vermont..D#1.per US prospect websites.....even without redemption nites.....some assets for sure....trade some vets and then bring in some of these guys...NB players certainly were not out of place...Mills Hardwick..Vescio..VooDoos for sure maybe even Batts...

WOW.. no kidding! He is a big lad, he sure can move the puck for his weight class Barclayplager

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Some of my thoughts from the weekend.

Yes Mailhot was impressive, he can slide in quite comfortably in the 5/6 pairing. Vescio won't likely make the team next year but will be an "ok" replacement for Dineen. Rose was ok, if all things remain equal and we don't get a tonne of injuries on D again he won't play much. Powassan perhaps?

Coe should have a big impact right away, by big impact I mean 35 - 40 points. The 2 Voodoo players looked good, Bowman (99) and I can't remember the other kids name but I could see one of those 2 making the big club. Kurtis Evans and Mosley (1st rounder in midget draft) both looked solid too. I think Hardwick was the best local (aside from Vescio) and is the only one you could expect to see in the lineup on a regular basis.

None of the goalies really stood out on Sat, felt bad for Joyal getting lit up by his Trapper teammates no less.

I think Stan may indeed move some deadwood from last year to change the culture and make room for more of these guys. Baker, Robert, Coe are for on the roster that as of now is only losing Harland and Hargrave.......somethings gotta give.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto

Yes Mailhot was impressive, he can slide in quite comfortably in the 5/6 pairing. Vescio won't likely make the team next year but will be an "ok" replacement for Dineen. Rose was ok, if all things remain equal and we don't get a tonne of injuries on D again he won't play much. Powassan perhaps?

Coe should have a big impact right away, by big impact I mean 35 - 40 points. The 2 Voodoo players looked good, Bowman (99) and I can't remember the other kids name but I could see one of those 2 making the big club. Kurtis Evans and Mosley (1st rounder in midget draft) both looked solid too. I think Hardwick was the best local (aside from Vescio) and is the only one you could expect to see in the lineup on a regular basis.

None of the goalies really stood out on Sat, felt bad for Joyal getting lit up by his Trapper teammates no less.

I think Stan may indeed move some deadwood from last year to change the culture and make room for more of these guys. Baker, Robert, Coe are for on the roster that as of now is only losing Harland and Hargrave.......somethings gotta give.

The other Voodoos player is Rhys Brown, he has incredibly high upside and should be a lock for that roster. I just watched the Voodoos in the Dudley Hewitt cup and he was their best player against Georgetown twice, a team loaded with talent. Didn't see much in Baker and Bowman to warrant OHL spots but it was also just a single tournament.

Glassnout

Aug 27, 2013
Hopefully they do release a few of the vets. No work ethic, and probably no more talent than the rookies. Time to reset and rebuild. If they don't do that, it will be much worse than last year. D corps is strong, but unless they each score 40 goals, we're in trouble offensively.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
The other Voodoos player is Rhys Brown, he has incredibly high upside and should be a lock for that roster. I just watched the Voodoos in the Dudley Hewitt cup and he was their best player against Georgetown twice, a team loaded with talent. Didn't see much in Baker and Bowman to warrant OHL spots but it was also just a single tournament.
Yes thank you. Don't know why I drew a blank on his name. He was one of the top 3 players on the ice last weekend imo. Love his energy and physical play. I am pretty sure he won't score 40 goals but he would be an awesome compliment on the opposite wing as Chenier on a tough checking line.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Dineen should be back. He only signed a contract, he's too young to play pro unless he makes the Coyotes.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Sometimes a change of scenery benefits both the team and the player. Flint will be really young and may entertain a trade of 1 or 2 of your older players.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I understand the trade freeze is lifted June 1st. If so, does Butler have something done already? He said he would be very active in changing the culture of his team and obviously some will need to be traded. Who goes? Who or what does he bring in?

I say he trades for a goalie again, hopefully with much more success than the Moran move. We saw last year exactly how valuable Jake Smith was

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad