North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I will take a stab at it .......Zach Poirier ?

Further, Mr. Butler cut Cam Morrison ( 2nd round to Colorado ) for Poirier.

That really helped getting Morrison to report to North Bay !!

Morrison has a scholarship to Notre Dame. A trip to Slovakia and a whole lot of time spent on the bench wasn't going to sway him to go to North Bay. Stop fooling yourself.

Poirier was obviously a favour to the kid but he hardly even played. Stan cut him a break and Poirier responded by being disappointing for three years.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Morrison has a scholarship to Notre Dame. A trip to Slovakia and a whole lot of time spent on the bench wasn't going to sway him to go to North Bay. Stop fooling yourself.

Poirier was obviously a favour to the kid but he hardly even played. Stan cut him a break and Poirier responded by being disappointing for three years.

Agreed, Poirier was a favor and play very little.
Keep in mind that Morrison was at the Battalion tryout after the draft, and was sent home in favor of Poirier and ...... David Sherman......Sherman ?? ......WOW!
I believe the scholarship came after Morrison's great year in Jr.A as 16 year old and Morrison then decided he wouldn't report the 2nd year to North Bay, and his reward was being cut by Mr. Butler from Team Canada

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Take Suzuki and trade him to Owen Sound. Attack have a tonne of picks they can give up. Battalion can stock up on those and get two high picks next year.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Take Suzuki and trade him to Owen Sound. Attack have a tonne of picks they can give up. Battalion can stock up on those and get two high picks next year.

This is what I'd say is probably a best case scenario.

Pick Turcotte or Hughes and you're risking a Cam Morrison NCAA situation and not getting good value on the pick. There's a decent chance Suzuki reports as well IMO. Taking a later guy like Coe is just pissing away the value of that pick.

Keep in mind that Morrison was at the Battalion tryout after the draft, and was sent home in favor of Poirier and ...... David Sherman......Sherman ?? ......WOW!
I believe the scholarship came after Morrison's great year in Jr.A as 16 year old and Morrison then decided he wouldn't report the 2nd year to North Bay, and his reward was being cut by Mr. Butler from Team Canada

He did commit after the Troops drafted him, but that doesn't mean they weren't in his ear beforehand. This kid got a scholarship from one of the more prestigious colleges in the US. Blaming Butler for him not reporting is...well...ridiculous.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
This is what I'd say is probably a best case scenario.

Pick Turcotte or Hughes and you're risking a Cam Morrison NCAA situation and not getting good value on the pick. There's a decent chance Suzuki reports as well IMO. Taking a later guy like Coe is just pissing away the value of that pick.

He did commit after the Troops drafted him, but that doesn't mean they weren't in his ear beforehand. This kid got a scholarship from one of the more prestigious colleges in the US. Blaming Butler for him not reporting is...well...ridiculous.
It's actually 100% Butlers fault that he didn't report.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's actually 100% Butlers fault that he didn't report.

Yep. A scholarship to Notre Dame and a chance to play Division I hockey had no effect on his decision...:rolleyes:

I guess Butler was so harsh Cam didn't even ask for a trade, he just fled to Indiana.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006

Morrison left that camp to keep his NCAA eligibility. Stan would have signed him in a heart beat.
There was a reason that he was still available in the third round of the 2014 draft.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Rose Pembroke LumberKings????

I am guessing this pick is off the board...a lot of top prospects were available unless they refused to come north...

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Coe was a bit of a reach but he doesn't look like a bad player by any stretch. He's also one of the younger guys in the draft IIRC. I think Tomasino should've been 3OA but if he didn't report he wasn't going to net you a Ryan McLeod-like return. So there's really no sense in criticizing the pick despite my previous comment.

I'm surprised by how many defensemen Stan took actually. Rose looks like a great pick though.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Congrats to all the local players that were drafted, Roy, Vescio, Edmonds, Craft, Mills, Sequin and Hardwick. It would appear that the rebirth of AAA hockey back a few years ago is now being rewarded.

the dog

May 16, 2014
wed under 18 priority draft north bay local ranks Mason Mcmahon...nick Davis...Eric Mondaux...

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
NHL Central Scouting's final rankings were released today. Three Battalion players made the final list. Brady Lyle ranked 48th in the NA skaters category up from 53rd at the midterm. Adam Thilander dropped to 96th in NA skaters from 59th at midterm. And second year eligible Justin Brazeau opened some eyes in the final stretch coming in at 206th after being unranked all season.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
NHL Central Scouting's final rankings were released today. Three Battalion players made the final list. Brady Lyle ranked 48th in the NA skaters category up from 53rd at the midterm. Adam Thilander dropped to 96th in NA skaters from 59th at midterm. And second year eligible Justin Brazeau opened some eyes in the final stretch coming in at 206th after being unranked all season.

Justin Brazeau was ranked last year at 179 in the final for North American skaters only.
Not sure he "opened some eyes " this year .
Looks to be plugged in the same spot, with being a year older.

http://www.tsn.ca/2016-nhl-central-scouting-rankings-na-skaters-goaltenders-1.470328

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Brett Hargrave also committed to the Nipissing Lakers for the 2017/18 season.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
We are pleased to advise that there will*be no increase in the price of season tickets for 2017-18*and pre-season game ticket(s) will be available to ticketholders for a special rate of $5 to cover Capital Recovery Fees, ticket processing charges and HST.

The Battalion offers one of the lowest season ticket prices in the OHL and the price freeze ensures you receive the best possible value for OHL hockey in North Bay.

We have started invoicing for season tickets and if you are interested in a payment plan, please contact me directly or visit Battalion Headquarters from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to determine which plan best suits your needs.

Just a reminder that in addition to one of the lowest ticket prices in the league, the following benefits are available to season ticketholders:

·*********10 percent off the purchase of additional single-game tickets for family and friends;

·*********10 percent off the purchase of merchandise in the Battalion retail store;

·*********Payment plans for all season ticket packages;

·*********First right to purchase playoff ticket(s) at regular-season price for all rounds;

·*********Email delivery of lineup sheet prior to each home game;

·*********Eligible for Season Ticketholder of the Game prize (new for 2017-18);

·*********Special season ticketholder discount offers from local retailers (new for 2017-18);

·*********Complimentary program for season ticketholders (new for 2017-18);

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Having been a season ticket holder since they came here, (and renewing for next season - on the theory that things can't get worse than they were this year - can they?), I appreciate that the cost is lower than it is in other markets but that is probably a reflection of the fact that this is a small market with a limited customer base of people of modest means. While I commend the marketing department for at least trying to add a few new things for next season, even they likely acknowledge that their 'list of benefits' for plunking down my money is rather tame in comparison with other clubs.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
We are pleased to advise that there will*be no increase in the price of season tickets for 2017-18*and pre-season game ticket(s) will be available to ticketholders for a special rate of $5 to cover Capital Recovery Fees, ticket processing charges and HST.

The Battalion offers one of the lowest season ticket prices in the OHL and the price freeze ensures you receive the best possible value for OHL hockey in North Bay.

We have started invoicing for season tickets and if you are interested in a payment plan, please contact me directly or visit Battalion Headquarters from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to determine which plan best suits your needs.

Just a reminder that in addition to one of the lowest ticket prices in the league, the following benefits are available to season ticketholders:

·*********10 percent off the purchase of additional single-game tickets for family and friends;

·*********10 percent off the purchase of merchandise in the Battalion retail store;

·*********Payment plans for all season ticket packages;

·*********First right to purchase playoff ticket(s) at regular-season price for all rounds;

·*********Email delivery of lineup sheet prior to each home game;

·*********Eligible for Season Ticketholder of the Game prize (new for 2017-18);

·*********Special season ticketholder discount offers from local retailers (new for 2017-18);

·*********Complimentary program for season ticketholders (new for 2017-18);

No price increase makes sense to me. The payment plan should help as well.:handclap:

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
Congrats to the Voodoos who won their league. You guys have a Stud prospect in Brown waiting in the Wings. He will be a fan favourite.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Joshua Maniscalco d commit to Arizona state univ..

That's a little disappointing. He's a bit of a notable guy and might slip into the later rounds of the NHL Draft this year. But it's not a terrible loss considering our depth on the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad