Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I can't even drop 37 in a quarter of 2K MyPlayer on easy mode. How in the holy mother of **** is that even humanly possible?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They should just cancel it all together. 16-27 in the West ='s 8-38 in the east. Neither of these teams are going anywhere.

Still don't get why they fired Malone for Corbin. At least Malone's team could play defense.

Because he wasn't the GM's choice is what it really came down to. I never understood hiring the coach before the GM. It's just funny that the same team that could play defense under Malone just plum forgot how to under Corbin.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Because he wasn't the GM's choice is what it really came down to. I never understood hiring the coach before the GM. It's just funny that the same team that could play defense under Malone just plum forgot how to under Corbin.

True, it was just a stupid on-court decision, unless they want to lose more to get a higher draft pick.

The way they handled coach Malone's firing lost the locker room. Cousins said he found out about it on twitter. Thankfully Corbin is only signed through the season. It's not entirely his fault, but he's a terrible coach.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I've never seen a player win a game all by himself in a 10-minute span.

Same; even then, prior to that, Wilt Chamberlain took an entire game to score 100 points solo, while last year's Lakers scored 51 points in the 3rd Quarter. Both scenarios happened exclusively against the New York Knicks.

I know it's too soon to say this, but my pick for the 2015 NBA Finals is gonna be Warriors vs Bulls.

PS: Is Comcast SportsNet using Roundball Rock as its BGM for regional NBA games it has broadcast rights on?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
True, it was just a stupid on-court decision, unless they want to lose more to get a higher draft pick.

The way they handled coach Malone's firing lost the locker room. Cousins said he found out about it on twitter. Thankfully Corbin is only signed through the season. It's not entirely his fault, but he's a terrible coach.

Yeah but it's not going to matter the next three years really. Kings will get their farewell Arco season next year then their first two seasons in a new arena generally sell itself. They don't actually have to put a good team together for three more seasons. lol

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Same; even then, prior to that, Wilt Chamberlain took an entire game to score 100 points solo, while last year's Lakers scored 51 points in the 3rd Quarter. Both scenarios happened exclusively against the New York Knicks.

I know it's too soon to say this, but my pick for the 2015 NBA Finals is gonna be Warriors vs Bulls.

PS: Is Comcast SportsNet using Roundball Rock as its BGM for regional NBA games it has broadcast rights on?
I have no idea about that last part, so probably no. I live north of Sacramento so warriors games get blacked out. They might use it.

Yeah but it's not going to matter the next three years really. Kings will get their farewell Arco season next year then their first two seasons in a new arena generally sell itself. They don't actually have to put a good team together for three more seasons. lol

Plus they have quite a few fans already locked in after they kept them from Seattle. Poor fools lol.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Geep Chryst. I had a feeling he was staying when the Rams were interviewing Nathaniel Hackett a 2nd time. Chudzinski used the 49ers as leverage against the Colts and is now the associate HC (and defacto OC) of Indy. All part of the game. Pep Hamilton may have the OC title but I think Chud is the architect.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
If you are going to chase away the coaching staff that brought your franchise back to relevance you should have a replacement staff lined up.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If you are going to chase away the coaching staff that brought your franchise back to relevance you should have a replacement staff lined up.

It doesn't really work that way. You have an idea of who you want in a head coach but until you interview them and figure out what they want in a coaching staff, it's difficult to line up replacements for the staff.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
It doesn't really work that way. You have an idea of who you want in a head coach but until you interview them and figure out what they want in a coaching staff, it's difficult to line up replacements for the staff.

You can at least do a little homework to narrow your list down to coaches who want the job.

York should have been on the phone talking to other coaches to gauge their interest the second he knew he wasn't bringing Harbaugh back, and York knew Harbaugh wasn't coming back very early in the year.

It speaks volumes when your #1 and #2 choice both decide to stay with their current teams. Not even accept a better offer from a different team.

This off season has been quite the debacle for the 49ers front office.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You can at least do a little homework to narrow your list down to coaches who want the job.

York should have been on the phone talking to other coaches to gauge their interest the second he knew he wasn't bringing Harbaugh back, and York knew Harbaugh wasn't coming back very early in the year.

It speaks volumes when your #1 and #2 choice both decide to stay with their current teams. Not even accept a better offer from a different team.

This off season has been quite the debacle for the 49ers front office.

I'm pretty sure these #1 and 2 choices are for coordinator or position coaching spots. They pretty much went with their guy in the HC spot. It's a little more difficult pulling guys for the coordinator/position coaches because teams can say no and in a lot of cases, they aren't promotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad