EXO

Jan 16, 2015
new black alt home jersey

10409079_10152613538901828_3571925753367607516_n.jpg

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Even though I'm a Green Bay Packers fan, I'm going to say the following about the San Francisco 49ers:

1. They've been doing a better job of carrying the NFL in the West Coast better than even back when the Rams were in L.A. and after the Rams left Los Angeles, to the point the 49ers claim and own the San Francisco Bay Area, the same way the Lakers own Los Angeles, the Red Sox own New England, the Yankees own New York, and the Green Bay Packers have the entire State of Wisconsin.

2. This is the same NFL franchise that has inspired both Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers to become Super Bowl-caliber Quarterbacks, as seen today.

3. This is the only NFL franchise, as far as I know, to win the Super Bowl in its own home market; in contrast, the Rams FAILED to do so back in Super Bowl XIV and even got slaughtered like sheep for attempting to do so, in front of national television!

Not even "America's Team" has achieved winning the Super Bowl in its own home turf!

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I thought no team ever won the Super Bowl in their home city?

True in that account; even the then-L.A. Rams got slaughtered in Pasadena, another city within Los Angeles County.

The niners won at Stanford Stadium, so not technically in their home city.

Even then, Santa Clara County is part of the San Francisco Bay Area market, which the San Francisco 49ers call home.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Went to Giants FanFest today and I can't wait till Baseball season. Got tickets to four games (will probably get more) and walked though the Virgin America club which I've never walked through before. I'm not one for autographs and standing in a line for two hours just to say hi is not my idea of a good time. Still my objective was to get tickets for games and a good time was had.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Jim Harbaugh: “I didn’t leave the 49ers; I felt like the 49er hierarchy left me”

-Q: There’s been so much comment from Jed York that it was a mutual separation between you and the team, that you mutually agreed you wouldn’t be the coach. Is that true? Or were you told that you wouldn’t be the coach any more?

-HARBAUGH: Yes, I was told I wouldn’t be the coach any more.

And then… you can call it ‘mutual,’ I mean, I wasn’t going to put the 49ers in the position to have a coach that they didn’t want any more.

But that’s the truth of it. I didn’t leave the 49ers. I felt like the 49er hierarchy left me.

-Q: Were you told this the Monday after the game in Seattle?

-HARBAUGH: Yes.

Blech, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I mean, I knew it was the case, but Harbaugh saying it just makes me furl up my nose a bit in disgust.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Harbaugh is an egomaniac that will continue to paint himself in a good light. Both sides were responsible. He had his scapegoat in Roman and he comes out smelling like roses. **** Kawakami too. He's going to cling to the JH story and bleed it dry. Everyone else has moved on.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Harbaugh is an egomaniac that will continue to paint himself in a good light. Both sides were responsible. He had his scapegoat in Roman and he comes out smelling like roses. **** Kawakami too. He's going to cling to the JH story and bleed it dry. Everyone else has moved on.

News is going to be posted here regularly. Judging from the comments on other sites, people did appreciate an interview taking place.

Last edited:

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I meant among Tim's peers. Sorry if I don't respect a double talker like Kawakami. Of course Harbaugh didn't want to leave but I'm not going to believe it was all on the front office.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I kinda feel bad for all you 49er fans and what seems like the unraveling of a franchise.

...at least you can watch the Raiders and Derek Carr and Latavius Murray

*runs away*

domon

Apr 14, 2012

I've never liked Kawakami's presumptuous attitude in his articles.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I meant among Tim's peers. Sorry if I don't respect a double talker like Kawakami. Of course Harbaugh didn't want to leave but I'm not going to believe it was all on the front office.

Gotcha, homey.

Oh, Harbaugh definitely had a part in it. He kept certain players in the line-up that were embarrassments to the front office, among other things. You could say both sides are trying to make themselves look good and you'd be completely right. They both have products to market.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I kinda feel bad for all you 49er fans and what seems like the unraveling of a franchise.

...at least you can watch the Raiders and Derek Carr and Latavius Murray

*runs away*

Its only unraveling to the Harbaugh fans. To them, all the 49ers successes were because of him but the losses and meltdowns were due Greg Roman, Kaepernick, the officials etc. I think he's a good coach but he did a **** job last year and never really had to answer for it. He was outcoached in the 2nd half of nearly every game. He never adjusted and from what I've gathered, never respected the input of team leaders in regards to in game adjustments. No one knows what will happen next year but it really can't get any uglier than last year offensively. They won 8 games on talent and depth.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Its only unraveling to the Harbaugh fans. To them, all the 49ers successes were because of him but the losses and meltdowns were due Greg Roman, Kaepernick, the officials etc. I think he's a good coach but he did a **** job last year and never really had to answer for it. He was outcoached in the 2nd half of nearly every game. He never adjusted and from what I've gathered, never respected the input of team leaders in regards to in game adjustments. No one knows what will happen next year but it really can't get any uglier than last year offensively. They won 8 games on talent and depth.

That's a big generalization. Many fans/talking heads around the league were scratching their heads at the unnecessary drama between Harbaugh and the front office and their leaks. When continuosly hearing how "first-class" the org is from York, they sure pulled some bush league media antics. That' the real unnerving part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad