Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Oh and right across the rumor mill...Kyle Shanahan turned down an interview with the 49ers for OC...because his dad is very interested in the position.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Oh and right across the rumor mill...Kyle Shanahan turned down an interview with the 49ers for OC...because his dad is very interested in the position.

Can't believe the older one would effectively "step down" in rank to be just an OC.
Totally undecided as to whether it would be a good/bad thing for the team if he did....

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Can't believe the older one would effectively "step down" in rank to be just an OC.
Totally undecided as to whether it would be a good/bad thing for the team if he did....

Well he isn't getting any bites to be an HC and isn't getting any younger. I think it would be a good move.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
from what i was reading they say they are going to put him left.

so we shall see.

It depends on Pagan's status but even if he's healthy, having the ability to swap in and out three guys like Pagan, Blanco, and Aoki is a good thing even if they're not power hitters. There are going to be injuries and slumps and the quality drop isn't much regardless of which order you put them in.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
So the Giants sign free Agent Norichika Aoki to a 1 year deal.

hmm. is that the answer? hmmm...

Aoki's ok, but just another singles hitter to add to this team. Which isn't so bad, because big power guys see their numbers drop off at AT&T Park. Aoki was dismal in the WS, but if he goes with the Giants, he won't have to face MadBum.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Well he isn't getting any bites to be an HC and isn't getting any younger. I think it would be a good move.

I also think that since Tomsula is not only a (pretty much, except for that one game) new head coach in the NFL and used to coach the defensive side of things, Shanahan would fundamentally be a co-head coach despite having the title of an OC. Shanahan may be interested in that offer.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Ugh. Seahawks are gonna repeat. I had a feeling they would come back. The Packers let them hang around and they're clutch as ****.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
As a Lion fan, seeing the Packers choke like that warms my heart. Only thing that would warm my heart more is a Bears chokejob. Definitely some consolation after the gutwrenching Raptor game I attended :yo:

Mrs Ski

Sep 25, 2008
The Process
As a Lion fan, seeing the Packers choke like that warms my heart. Only thing that would warm my heart more is a Bears chokejob. Definitely some consolation after the gutwrenching Raptor game I attended :yo:

Discount Double Choke...lol.

(from a Vikings Fan....yes my fandom is a bottomless pit of pain)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The Superbowl sucks this year

Yeah it kind of does. I'll still watch but I might start the day by going to see a movie and don't care if I miss some of the game.

As for the Kiffin thing, I'm willing to give Tomsula a chance and found a lot of the Media to be really unprofessional last week but with the Kiffin hiring, that is god awful.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Kiffin is an ass but his offensive acumen and creativity and play calling is legit. Besides you have to think outside the box. There isn't a lot out there. Rob Chudzinski is the only other real option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad