Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
I'm pretty sure these #1 and 2 choices are for coordinator or position coaching spots. They pretty much went with their guy in the HC spot. It's a little more difficult pulling guys for the coordinator/position coaches because teams can say no and in a lot of cases, they aren't promotions.

Agreed that the choices were for coordinator spots. I believe the 49ers knew Harbaugh was on his way out very early in the year, and pegged Jim #2 as their guy early on as well. Whether that's a good decision or not is an entirely different discussion.

After you make that HC hire don't you immediately begin talking about the group you want to assemble around him?

It seems like they could have eliminated Kiffin and Chud over the phone during the season (don't care about tampering teams do it all the time). Two guys electing to stay where they currently are tells me the 49ers did not do enough homework.

It surprises me that the Raiders coaching staff has taken shape faster than the 49ers given the historical desirability of jobs within each org.

I guess Harbaugh and Co. set my expectations high for the 49ers.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Harbaugh used a handful of guys who are still here, and were here before him, and others no one had ever heard of. Plus had a worthless OC his entire stint.

It's a little early to get fired up one way or the other.

Steve Logan, who was Tomsula's OC when he coached the Rhein Fire in Europe, is joining the offensive staff in an unknown capacity.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Plus, Sf has options in house, like the already mentioned Chryst, Sparano, and Foerster. Yeah, not sexy names, but a basic offense is what this team needs. one that will cater to the strenghts of the ol, qb, and rb's and run the ball instead of trying to outsmart the other team with 100k play wristbands.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Chud was a huge miss for the 49ers. He would have worked wonders with Kaep and Vernon Davis. He is great with mobile QB's and TE's. Tough to pry him away from Luck though. I would want to be in that circle as well. I see multiple championships in his future.

I understand there are plenty of options out there, but it is not a good sign when the girls you keep offering drinks to continually turn you down.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Now that many of the big names are out for OC, I'm still hoping the 49ers have had some contact with Chris Ault, as I've mentioned before. :naughty: (Probably still won't happen, but the chances have increased, even if it is a slight increase)

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Home winning streak ended last night at Warriors.

And to think Seph had all the time in world to win the game and faux paux by throwing the ball to the Bulls.

Plus I guess it doesn't help that in the 2nd half no one on the Dubs could hit a friggin 3 pointer to save their lives!

Good Grief!

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Sounds like the 49ers found their OC finally. I really am purturbed at the report that the 49ers are not a good team to work for. That feels like going against the history of the franchise.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
“If you’re only paying Tomsula three (million dollars), that gives you an indication of where you are in paying assistants. And I heard this before they hired Tomsula, that they’re going on the cheap on the assistant coaching staff. They don’t believe in paying coaches right now. The word around the league in talking to people who are both coaches and who represent coaches, San Francisco is not the place to go to make money.â€

http://media.957thegame.com/a/10133...e-next-49ers-offensive-coordinator.htm?q=cole

Jason Cole from Bleacher Report.

Probably could have had Chud if they were willing to pay him.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You mean they aren't willing to pay a coach that hasn't been a head coach other than in nfl europe Harbaugh money? Shocking.

Sounds like speculation and nothing more.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Kerr and co snub Cousins big time.

What a joke. Timmy and his 14 and 10 is in but Cousins and his 24 and 12 aren't. The leagues hatred for Cousins is just sad.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
He used Tomsula's salary then speculated. Anyone can do that.

Oh yeah, he heard things...

Bleacher Report is a pretty respectable sports news outlet.

Just posting what they published.

Not saying I believe everything put out by the media, but for the most part they have good inside sources.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Bleacher Report is a pretty respectable sports news outlet.

Just posting what they published.

Not saying I believe everything put out by the media, but for the most part they have good inside sources.

I'm sure they have sources, but when you aren't willing to put names on them it's speculating.

It's not as of Harbaugh had prolofic assistants at huge salaries. Mangini and Sparano accepted jobs this year and they're respected coaches arond the league.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I did like what Jed had to say for once. They want Chryst to open up the offense. More no huddle, more tempo, more shot plays.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Good. He deserves to be there. Pretty classless of Lillard not to congratulate Cousins, who is having a better season, but instead took a shot at Silver. Numbers don't lie, Damy.

Clay Travis is a nobody. He couldn't even admit he was wrong. Boogie better get his 5k.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Rudy Gay gave a fan an autograph going off the court after the game.

Honestly can't remember seeing a player do that.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Well at least one bay area team knows how to come back from being down 22-4!

Hey Sharks maybe you can learn from them!

Good Grief!

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Well at least one bay area team knows how to come back from being down 22-4!

Hey Sharks maybe you can learn from them!

Good Grief!

To be fair, basketball is pretty much the only sport you can come back from 22-4 down. I mean, it's mathematically possible in football, but I've never seen that score in my life.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Yeah, except the team president shouldn't be influencing how the team plays or coaches coach at all. His job is to run the business, not pretend he knows **** about football.

Got any evidence to back this up? Parathe hasn't been in the coaching booth in 5 years. He developed a chart about time management. Which is pretty handy since all NFL coaches are terrible at it. Nolan, Harbaugh both used the chart and still sucked ass at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad