Non-Minnesota NHL News XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
I really like watching Vegas. The whole team tries hard, they perform beyond expectations, and they have Haula and Tuch. Unlike another team I know... :banghead:

The Golden Knights will probably crash and burn now because I typed this but they've been fun to watch.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I really like watching Vegas. The whole team tries hard, they perform beyond expectations, and they have Haula and Tuch. Unlike another team I know... :banghead:

The Golden Knights will probably crash and burn now because I typed this but they've been fun to watch.

Deadspin had a good take on them this morning: https://deadspin.com/the-vegas-golden-knights-inexplicably-just-keep-winning-1819833824

Did the expansion draft suck for some teams but especially the Wild? Yes, but their success makes for a much better story than a really crappy losing team would do.

Reactions: HollaHaula

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Deadspin had a good take on them this morning: https://deadspin.com/the-vegas-golden-knights-inexplicably-just-keep-winning-1819833824

Did the expansion draft suck for some teams but especially the Wild? Yes, but their success makes for a much better story than a really crappy losing team would do.
I didn't mean my post to come off like I was Monday morning quarterbacking about the expansion draft. What's done is done. I'm happy that Haula and Tuch are flourishing and being given more important roles in Vegas. It was more or less an extra jab at the Wild for their underachievement this year. Or, we could be expecting too much from the Wild...

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I didn't mean my post to come off like I was Monday morning quarterbacking about the expansion draft. What's done is done. I'm happy that Haula and Tuch are flourishing and being given more important roles in Vegas. It was more or less an extra jab at the Wild for their underachievement this year. Or, we could be expecting too much from the Wild...

Haula has been on IR for the last 10 days or so. It is odd (from preseason expectations) to see Vegas near the top of the Division and the Oilers bottom feeding.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Haula has been on IR for the last 10 days or so. It is odd (from preseason expectations) to see Vegas near the top of the Division and the Oilers bottom feeding.
From lurking on the Vegas board, Knights fans apparently really like Haula and are looking forward to his return. I know he was getting PP time and is likely their best center after Cody Eakin.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Wonder how the Stars fans feel bout Hanzal. Here is his line after 10 games:

1G 0A -9. Looks worth 4 mil

SP1966

Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas
I'm a Minnesota native living in Vegas for the past 8 years and have to say, the Knights are a blast to watch play hockey! While they haven't played the most difficult schedule they have beaten the Stars, Boston, and the Hawks so it's tough to call 8-1 (I'm assuming the get win number 8 as they're up 7-0 on Colorado) a fluke. The big question at this point is how many goalies does this team have? They're now starting their 3rd goalie with no drop off, possibly even getting better play.

Given the Wild's struggles so far this season it's nice to have a new exciting team to follow as 1B to the Wild's 1A!

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Looks like reality is finally catching up with Vegas... they just lost their 3rd in a row now.

They are stumbling a bit. Their goalie let them down one of the recent losses, haven't watched the other recent games.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Injuries are catching up to Vegas. More specifically goalie injuries. They have to start Maxime Lagace, who had never played an NHL game prior to these past 3 games he's played. Their backup is Dylan Ferguson, called up from the WHL on an emergency basis. That's how bad it is.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Worst penalty shot call ever in the Kings\Leafs game. So many times players get hauled down without getting a PS awarded. Yet Matthews is barely....BARELY touched, and the refs give him a free shot. Total BS. There was no infraction on that play at all. Kopitar kept his cool, but I'd be flipping the hell out.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Buffalo/AZ game is having an entertaining ending. Sabres up 4-1 with ~10 mins left. It's 5-4 (Sabres) with under a minute left.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Worst penalty shot call ever in the Kings\Leafs game. So many times players get hauled down without getting a PS awarded. Yet Matthews is barely....BARELY touched, and the refs give him a free shot. Total BS. There was no infraction on that play at all. Kopitar kept his cool, but I'd be flipping the hell out.

Weak call. Tapped him on the shin. The official was in a horrible position to make the call. From the back it kind of looks like he got Matthews on the hands. Tor feed didn't show the front angle of the penalty.

The LA organist was great after the penalty shot. Egging the crowd on for the "ref's you suck" chant.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
And that bogus penalty shot changed the complexion of the game. It's 5-3 with more than enough time left.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
And that bogus penalty shot changed the complexion of the game. It's 5-3 with more than enough time left.

I only checked in to see the penalty and penalty shot after you said something. I ended up watching the end of the period. It did swing the momentum for sure. 5-0, penalty shot 5-1, and a goal with a min left in the 2nd 5-2.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Injuries are catching up to Vegas. More specifically goalie injuries. They have to start Maxime Lagace, who had never played an NHL game prior to these past 3 games he's played. Their backup is Dylan Ferguson, called up from the WHL on an emergency basis. That's how bad it is.
They are still keeping nearly all of their games competitive and have a chance to win. The only game that got a little out of hand was against the Islanders after Dansk got injured in the 3rd period. But even then, they were winning that game at one point. Not bad for playing your 4th string goalie who had never played a NHL game before. I actually don't think Legace has been that bad.

Kase

May 1, 2016
Tuch just scored his 4th goal of the season against Ottawa. Nice to see him doing well, even though it's not with the Wild.

I was happy about the move Fletcher made at the time of expansion draft to keep all of the D, as I wasn't that high on Tuch, but it remains to be seen if he makes the Wild regret for moving him.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Tuch just scored his 4th goal of the season against Ottawa. Nice to see him doing well, even though it's not with the Wild.

I was happy about the move Fletcher made at the time of expansion draft to keep all of the D, as I wasn't that high on Tuch, but it remains to be seen if he makes the Wild regret for moving him.

And Haula now 1+1

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
The LVGKs are soo darn lucky the way they set this up. You shouldn't be able to ice a team that good as an expansion team. They seemed to have loaded up on picks as well, so their future looks good. Man, Tuch....

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
The LVGKs are soo darn lucky the way they set this up. You shouldn't be able to ice a team that good as an expansion team. They seemed to have loaded up on picks as well, so their future looks good. Man, Tuch....

Wild come out of the off season looking really bad.

Pominville, Haula, Tuch have combined for 32gm, 14g, 11a, 25pts. Any of them would be leading our team in pts/gm.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Wild come out of the off season looking really bad.

Pominville, Haula, Tuch have combined for 32gm, 14g, 11a, 25pts. Any of them would be leading our team in pts/gm.

And Scandella has as many points as Granlund! But the Wild haven't really gotten going, between relatively few games played and injuries to so many key guys. Shaping up to be a weird season. I doubt this team finishes November last in the Central but on the other hand they're only clearly better than Colorado.

Folin also scored a beauty last night...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This continues to show the dangers of Russian prospects...

It seems that Vadim Shipachyov situation with the Vegas Golden Knights is close to coming to coming to an end.
TSN’s Pierre LeBrun reported on Saturday afternoon that it is believed the NHL and NHLPA have agreed to a solution to finalize his exit from the team and that it could be done by Monday.
While nothing has been finalized it is believed that Shipachyov will voluntarily retire from the NHL which will open the door for him to make a return to the KHL.

Shipachyov was one of Vegas’ most high profile signings over the summer, signing the KHL star to a two-year, $9 million contract. From the very beginning, however, things seemed to fall apart. He did not make the opening night roster, only played in three games (scoring one goal) and was suspended by the team when he did not report to the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League.
General manager George McPhee originally described it as a numbers situation that was keeping him out of the lineup, then later said Shipachyov was having trouble adjusting to the smaller rink and faster pace of play in the NHL.
Prior to signing with Vegas Shipachyov was one of the KHL’s most productive offensive players in recent seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad