Non-Minnesota NHL News XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The VGK Twitter is trying WAY too hard. I get that they're trying to be funny, to create a spot for themselves in the hockey world. But when it's EVERY tweet, it comes off as so "Hey everyone! Look at us!"

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
The VGK Twitter is trying WAY too hard. I get that they're trying to be funny, to create a spot for themselves in the hockey world. But when it's EVERY tweet, it comes off as so "Hey everyone! Look at us!"
I get you, still The Wild could learn a bit from them.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

Yeah it can be a bit much, but I do enjoy many of the tweets. I think VGK would rather come off as annoying than bland and not-noteworthy. Need to build a fanbase and really just knowledge of their existence quickly.

"Proud member of the league's original 31. " is a pretty great line in their Bio.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Five points in three AHL games, two points in one NHL game. He hit the ground running I'd say (had a nice preseason too).

Huh, you're right. Last week when I checked I could have sworn he made the Vegas squad out of camp and had played every game.

Maybe that was preseason?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Really cool article on The Athletic talking about Carey Price's struggles so far this year:

Campbell: Analyzing Carey Price’s early struggles

Effective use of gifs/pictures/graphs to kind of understand what is going wrong. The verdict of the article was that Price is not being victimized by bad defense or a bad PK; there are some concerning numbers for him so far. It's early in the season, so it'll be interesting to see if Price is able to return to form.

One of the pictures from the article:

10.-Price-moment-of-realization-netback-goal.png

:laugh:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I was watching highlights of the Blues vs Blackhawks from last night, and saw a pretty great goal from Brodziak. It was a 2 on 1 with Vlad Tarasenko across from him. He looked Tarasenko (Tara-freaking-senko) off, and sniped the corner himself. Absolutely beautiful, and ballsy. Almost every other grinder in the league would have tried to force a pass, in that situation. Completely fooled both the defender and Crawford. I miss that guy, but I guess we all know that if he were in a Wild jersey it would have been crossbar and out.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I was watching highlights of the Blues vs Blackhawks from last night, and saw a pretty great goal from Brodziak. It was a 2 on 1 with Vlad Tarasenko across from him. He looked Tarasenko (Tara-freaking-senko) off, and sniped the corner himself. Absolutely beautiful, and ballsy. Almost every other grinder in the league would have tried to force a pass, in that situation. Completely fooled both the defender and Crawford. I miss that guy, but I guess we all know that if he were in a Wild jersey it would have been crossbar and out.
Brodziak shot that doesn't clang off the post?

ff39d9865b975e50204556b5a4f31a6015bb93968d2fb3391ae2a83bcc25c26d.jpg

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah I was watching that last night and was shocked when I saw it was Brodziak that scored. Beautiful snipe.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Brodzy's goal looked exactly like you would think a snipe from him would. His body wanted to pass the puck but his arms just shot it, instead lol Looked pretty awful, tbh

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Scandella just picked up his first point of the year. It was a cheap 2nd assist on Eichel's goal.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Scandella had a good game earlier today. He's top pairing, PK, and gets PP time in Buffalo. 6 shots on goal, +1, and picked up an assist. Pommer with another goal and assist.

It was a fun game to watch. Sabres down 4-1 and come back to win 5-4 in OT against Boston (Rask had the night off in net).

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Vegas with a pretty OT game winner over STL with about 30 secs left. Vegas is 6-1 to start the year.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Vegas with a pretty OT game winner over STL with about 30 secs left. Vegas is 6-1 to start the year.
Crazy. Subban got hurt in the middle of the third, it looked like a groin, and they're down to their third string goalie for now with Fleury out as well.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Tuch...sigh.

Fletcher is a spendthrift of resources, and has been forever.

Watching what a handful Tuch is in front of goal, and what a good shot he has, I'm gonna hate on the way this whole expansion draft went - WAAAAAAYYYY to generous to the expansion team. LVGK should be bottom feeding, not leading the #$$%%^^& division!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad