Non-Minnesota NHL News XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Watched the Avs-Devs game, it was fun. Learned that Lemaire isn't coaching the Devils anymore, very entertaining.

Did I already mention that the Avs lost?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Ovi's got 5 goals in < 4 periods this year.

Edit: Now 6 in 4 periods!!! Back-to-back hattys already.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Watched the Avs-Devs game, it was fun. Learned that Lemaire isn't coaching the Devils anymore, very entertaining.

Did I already mention that the Avs lost?

Butcher with 3 points in his first NHL game, a NJD record. NJD had their #1OA pick and Hall as the PK forwards late in the game.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Vegas wins again! This time in OT at Arizona! Two wins already and they haven't even played their first ever home game!

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Ovechkin is a BOSS. He's been my favorite player since he came into the league and I would love if he hit 50-60 again this year. He looks possessed. With Backy and Kuzy setting him up all day I can see it.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Alexander Ovechkin. My God.

He probably heard all the hype around Laine and decided that the kid is not going steal his thunder, no matter what. 60 goals?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Alexander Ovechkin. My God.

He probably heard all the hype around Laine and decided that the kid is not going steal his thunder, no matter what. 60 goals?
Yes, everything that happens in the NHL is a direct result of something that Laine did. JFC

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Yes, everything that happens in the NHL is a direct result of something that Laine did. JFC

Ovechkin certainly spent his summer reading press clippings of Laine and gathering up slow, seething fury. We are seeing a beast unleashed in front of our very eyes.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
But how does this impact the contracts of the Leafs young superstars? I believe that's the question we all should be asking.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
But how does this impact the contracts of the Leafs young superstars? I believe that's the question we all should be asking.
I'm sure that was tongue in cheek but if they can somehow pull off keeping that team together once the kids have matured and developed they'll be a hurdle nobody will want to have to clear. Last night against the Hawks was eye-opening.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Kuznetsov really making me wish I'd have reached for him in fantasy...

Oh, and Ovechkin.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Opening night in Vegas and they're up 3-0 six minutes into the game. Pretty cool.

... aaaand 4-0. Neal with two.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The surprising person to go out with the team intro's was the EMS dispatcher. They don't usually get any love.

My wife is an EMT, and she said, she wasn't sure who would have had the tougher job during a situation like Vegas shooting.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I'm happy for Yakupov that he is finding success. Such a likeable guy.

Nail-Yakupov-Goal-Celebration.gif

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/y...ple-say-lit-up-rexall-place-in-2-1-oilers-win

Pretty funny read from the next day. Did that play help derail Yakupov a bit? Joy is beautiful but a display like that is way out of hand for game three of the season by hockey standards. Did it show people that he was maybe not quite ready for the NHL? It was a sweet goal after all so I side with the kid on that one.

Ralph Krueger was good for Yakupov - he had 31 points in 48 games and a Calder vote but a smarter organization might have found a softer landing for him. Not an easy decision when a player can't play pro here and could in the KHL. Hall and Nuge were good rookies but that doesn't mean every player gains from the push.

Good on him for sticking with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad