Non-Minnesota NHL News XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The trend seems to be that if you're GM is a moron, your Russian players will end up in Russia.

Not really putting this on the GM. Some players need the bigger ice to be effective.

If Pulkkinen was in the KHL, I think he'd be lighting things up. He's a fringe NHL player at best.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not really putting this on the GM. Some players need the bigger ice to be effective.

If Pulkkinen was in the KHL, I think he'd be lighting things up. He's a fringe NHL player at best.
Huh? You think any of the Shipachyov mess has to do with talent or big ice?

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Having trouble adjusting to the smaller rink and faster pace is hardly reason for the kid to jump ship back to Russia. Plenty of other Russian players have done just fine with it. There's probably something else that went down behind the scenes .

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Crazy, an actual big-time three way trade. Duchene to the Sens, Turris to the Preds.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Having trouble adjusting to the smaller rink and faster pace is hardly reason for the kid to jump ship back to Russia. Plenty of other Russian players have done just fine with it. There's probably something else that went down behind the scenes .

Shipachyov isn't really a kid. He's almost 31. He can go back to Russia and be star in familiar surroundings, or shuttle around in the AHL trying to adjust to the smaller ice while playing in Rockford, Milwaukee, Iowa etc.

He didn't look good for Vegas. It was a small sample size, but there is a reason he was getting 10 mins a night.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I turned on the Av's broadcast of the game. It's amusing to watch them speculate on why Duchene left the ice.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Crosby and Malkin made "weak" wingers look good for years; McDavid and Draisaitl, if they want to lay claim to heir apparent, should do the same.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Crosby and Malkin made "weak" wingers look good for years; McDavid and Draisaitl, if they want to lay claim to heir apparent, should do the same.

I don't think Draisaitl will ever come close to Malkin. McDavid and Crosby are a good comparison. But with McDavid, Drais, RNH, and Lucic they should be able to put 2 really good lines on the ice while caring a Strome and Maroon. They are still a very top heavy team, but they should be better than their record.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Watching the Sabres Caps, wow, the Sabres have a Wild/Minnesota imprint on them: Pominville, Pouliot, Larsson, Scandella, Okposo, Falk. Even Washington is pitching in Oshie and Ness.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Scandella played 26 1/2 minutes as the Sabres #1 Dman (Risto out) and looked great in their 3-1 win over the Caps. He looked efficient, moved the puck very well under pressure, and played physically when need be. Once he starts to figure out how to play the PP again he'll start to rack up some points, too.

Poms had his usual nondescript game , but picked up a point on an ENG.

Haula just scored for LVK.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Just noticed that Haula has found himself heck of an opportunity between Neal and Perron.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Scandella played 26 1/2 minutes as the Sabres #1 Dman (Risto out) and looked great in their 3-1 win over the Caps. He looked efficient, moved the puck very well under pressure, and played physically when need be. Once he starts to figure out how to play the PP again he'll start to rack up some points, too.

Poms had his usual nondescript game , but picked up a point on an ENG.

Haula just scored for LVK.

Buffalo's PP has been worse than the Wild's this year, so points might still be had to come by. I haven't watched tonight's game yet (just got home). Scandella has been a really good compliment to Risto's tendency of free-wheeling so far this year (Risto is a much better version of Dumba).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Scandella looked really good and confident. Part of me is happy for him and Haula, another part is sick to my stomach when I see what we got back.

The rest of the Sabres D is pretty bad, or injured.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Looks like Scandella/Falk is the Sabres top pair tonight. Nice to see Falk still playing, he wasn't much for MN years ago.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I've gotta imagine Buffalo's defense is REALLY hurting if they have Falk on their top pair.

Buffalo has a lot of young d-men and Risto is hurt. Scandella/Falk is at least a veteran pairing. Their young guys are in the 2nd/3rd pairing range, just make mistakes at times.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I couldn't live in Boston. I can barely handle the broadcast crew with the accents. Tor announcers are too homer for my liking. Good game, just need to turn the sound off. :skeptic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad