Non-Minnesota NHL News XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I like the orange. The navy blue isn't as bad on the ice as I thought it would be, but I think the brighter blue would still look better.

It's just too much orange, maybe if the socks weren't almost all orange? I like the Oilers' jersey if I'm looking at it at the store, just watching the whole uniform on the ice looks like deer hunters playing hockey.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
But the boys in the main board said that Jets and Stars are gonna be top-2 in the central as they have fixed everything by getting Mason and Bishop!
The Jets still have the same coach... until that changes, they won't change.

As for the Stars, IMO it's not Bishop that may fix their problems (if they are fixed), it will be Hitchcock forcing that team to actually play defense.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Why the hate for Edmonton? Because of all the top picks and still sucking for a while? That seriously takes away from your ability to appreciate his greatness? It's hard to hate a team that was so bad for so long imo. I don't see why you can't like McDavid still.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Why the hate for Edmonton? Because of all the top picks and still sucking for a while? That seriously takes away from your ability to appreciate his greatness? It's hard to hate a team that was so bad for so long imo. I don't see why you can't like McDavid still.
I fully admit it's kind of irrational, but it's like the hockey universe was like "FINE, Oilers.... Here's a generational (borderline once in a lifetime) talent, now stop coming to me with #1 overall picks!"

It's probably some resentment on my end, being a Wild fan, where we had to endure mediocrity and never getting a high end draft pick. I can definitely still appreciate McDavid as a player, but I won't lie, I would enjoy watching him even more if he played for some neutral Eastern Conference team lol

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The EDM fan base is also pretty annoying. Arrogant, needy, and incredibly biased all at the same time. Quite a contrast with Calgary's. It's funny, because as a city in general, EDM is known to be the more civil one, and Calgary the Cowboy town.

The endless hyping of RNH, Yakupov, and Nurse (among others), at various times is hard to listen to.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Mostly the fans. Sticking to the 'trapping' and 'boring' script when we dropping 5 goals and 40+ shots on their embarrassing teams of the pre-McDavid era.

I'm not saying I won't appreciate him, but it'll only be at ~80% capacity. And this is before any possible WCF matchups that may happen.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
I get tired of going to the main boards and seeing threads that look about as well thought out as moving the Jets to Phoenix.

"Does Laine Have the Best Shot Ever?", "McDavid is the Best Player Since Gretzky", "Mason Worst Goalie in the NHL"

Some people just need to be quiet and listen...

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So, McDavid scores all the goals and Edmonton wins 3-0...

They should just rename the team the Edmonton McDavids and get it over with.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The EDM fan base is also pretty annoying. Arrogant, needy, and incredibly biased all at the same time. Quite a contrast with Calgary's. It's funny, because as a city in general, EDM is known to be the more civil one, and Calgary the Cowboy town.

The endless hyping of RNH, Yakupov, and Nurse (among others), at various times is hard to listen to.
Calgary fans are not as active on this site, but are infested on another. Your opinion will change when you see the diarrhoea they spew lol.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That is something I really missed, RJ's "population of Pominville +1" call. It really made me happy to hear it when Pommer scored on the PP for Buffalo just now.

Reactions: BagHead

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wish Poms and Scandella all the best. I was down on him a for a while a few years ago, but I like how he adjusted his game to his declining skills, didn't complain, and still was productive.

Scandella....still sick about that one.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Knights Win! Awesome! They take down the Stars on the road for their first ever game... Neal with both goals for the 2-1 Vegas W!

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
That is something I really missed, RJ's "population of Pominville +1" call. It really made me happy to hear it when Pommer scored on the PP for Buffalo just now.
Not going to lie, that's what did it for me too. Put a big old smile on my face. I used to say that every time I saw him score, IN RJ's absence.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I thought this was a fantastic article about subtle fakes players use to their advantage. From the Athletic for those subscribed. Example videos and everything.

https://theathletic.com/120717/2017...ers-use-the-subtlest-fakes-to-create-offence/

Honestly, that post reminds me (especially with Perry's long pause) of Stephane Veilleux's fake on Roberto Luongo. For the life of me, I cannot find a video of it. I would practically pay someone at this point to find a video of that.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9635-canucks-wild-vancouver-loses-again

Closest I can come, and I'm not even positive it's the same play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad