Friedman: Noah Hanifin could be traded this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Truthfully, I don't think Ron Francis trades Hanifin for any of these proposals.

The deal that would get done is "the best young scoring forward" for Carolina's 1st (#12 OA) in 2017 and one of Jake Bean, Haydn Fleury, or Roland McKeown. Carolina would probably be willing to add a 3rd to the mix.

I don't know what value that returns, but that's more likely a palatable option for the Hurricanes.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Seabrook Anisimov+ for Hanifin

Carolina makes the playoffs and hawks unload salary and clear space for signing Shipachyov.

Hartman-Toews-Kane
Panarin-Ship-Hossa
Panik-Schmaltz-Hayden
Jurco-Kero-Kampf

and

Skinner-Staal-Lindholm
Aho-Rask-Teravainen
Anisimov-Ryan-Stepniak
Mcginn-Mcclement-Nordstrom

Slaven-Seabrook
Fluery-Faulk
Dahlbeck-Pesce

Is the +Patrick Kane or there next 6 first round picks? Cause it would have to be in order to take on Seabrook's contract with Hanfin going the other way

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Seabrook Anisimov+ for Hanifin

Carolina makes the playoffs and hawks unload salary and clear space for signing Shipachyov.

Hartman-Toews-Kane
Panarin-Ship-Hossa
Panik-Schmaltz-Hayden
Jurco-Kero-Kampf

and

Skinner-Staal-Lindholm
Aho-Rask-Teravainen
Anisimov-Ryan-Stepniak
Mcginn-Mcclement-Nordstrom

Slaven-Seabrook
Fluery-Faulk
Dahlbeck-Pesce

n3RGs0O.gif

Terrible for Carolina. Let's stick to trades that help both teams.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Truthfully, I don't think Ron Francis trades Hanifin for any of these proposals.

The deal that would get done is "the best young scoring forward" for Carolina's 1st (#12 OA) in 2017 and one of Jake Bean, Haydn Fleury, or Roland McKeown. Carolina would probably be willing to add a 3rd to the mix.

I don't know what value that returns, but that's more likely a palatable option for the Hurricanes.

I think it would be 12OA and McKeown or Fleury. Wouldn't want to lose Bean at this point, either. I think he will be special, and is far enough behind in age to benefit us too much down the road. Has a real scoring touch and may take Faulks place eventually?

Last edited:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Is Logan Couture too old for you guys? I'm guessing he is but he is a year younger than Staal so I figured it was worth asking.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
If Carolina's pulling the pin on Hanifin less than 2 years after he was drafted, I think it's a huge red flag. Cam Barker Alert.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Reinhart for Hanifin makes so much sense. Sabres finally get their LD1 and the canes get their future 65-70 point 1C. A Skinner-Reinhart-X #1 line for Carolina would be downright filthy. I could see Skinner popping 40 goals and Reinhart 45-50 assists.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
If Carolina's pulling the pin on Hanifin less than 2 years after he was drafted, I think it's a huge red flag. Cam Barker Alert.

Was Nashville dealing Jones 2 1/2 years after drafting him a huge red flag?

Carolina's motivation to move Hanifin would be to balance an unbalanced core. It has nothing to do with his development.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Boston 1st 2017 (19th overall)
Boston 3rd 2018
Jakub Zboril/Jeremy Lauzon
B Level prospect

for

Noah Hanafin

Simply put, Carolina is not a team that would benefit from dealing quality for quantity. Really, Carolina needs to be the team that leverages their prospect pool and draft pick depth to acquire a Top 6 forward. I'm not holding my breath on that happening, though.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Boston 1st 2017 (19th overall)
Boston 3rd 2018
Jakub Zboril/Jeremy Lauzon
B Level prospect

for

Noah Hanafin

Pastrnak+ for Hanifin is the only thing that would work for Boston to acquire him.

Lol what? This is a joke right?

Nope, definitely no less a joke then a quantity for quality trade to a team with one of the top 5 prospect pools in the entire league. Canes need to be the ones trying to move quantity (like Fleury + 1st) for a forward, not trading a dman for a collection of assets.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Simply put, Carolina is not a team that would benefit from dealing quality for quantity. Really, Carolina needs to be the team that leverages their prospect pool and draft pick depth to acquire a Top 6 forward. I'm not holding my breath on that happening, though.

Thats fair. Kind of just threw a prospect/pick offer out there.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I think Zacha for Hanifin might make a lot of sense. I know Carolina would want someone a bit more proven, but from a talent/age/potential perspective Zacha would be a good acquisition.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI

1. He's not being shopped, this is (still) only pure speculation on Friedman's part.
2. If he was traded, he'd only be moved for a similarly aged/talented forward (i.e. Nylander, Drouin, Reinhart).
3. It has nothing to do with his development, he's developing just fine.

Any potential Hanifin trade would simply be taking from a position of strength (young defense) and using it to fill a weakness (young top line forward). Of course we'd prefer to trade Fleury/Bean + 1st to get a top line guy, but that probably won't be possible, so hence the Hanifin "talk".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad