Friedman: Noah Hanifin could be traded this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
18. One name to watch this off-season: Carolina's Noah Hanifin. He played at least 20 minutes in 10 of the Hurricanes' last 11 games (And came in at 19:58 in the other). I think Carolina would consider moving him if - and only if - an impact offensive forward was coming to Raleigh. So, don't come at them with weak sauce. They are one of the few teams that would even consider this, because they have blue-line depth. But Hanifin has a long, prosperous career ahead of him, and they will not trade him for the sake of it.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-canucks-coach-criteria-good-news-green/

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Reinhart for Hanifin

Although I'd rather we fire our coach and finally play reinhart at C where he would actually thrive.
Then I'd rather trade Kane + 2017 1st (6th overall) + whatever....but if I recall correctly don't they need top 6 centerman? Or is it just high impact forwards in general? If it's centerman then it has to involve reinhart

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Why would the Canes do this? The kids played 2 whole seasons and has all the potential in the world.

It doesn't say the Canes would do it. Friedman is speculating that they might move him "IF AND ONLY IF" an impact, offensive forward is coming back and they "won't trade him for the sake of trading him".

Any GM would look at all options to improve his team.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Duchene for Hanifin

giphy.gif

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
this screams duchene

This has been hashed, re-hashed, hashed again, and re-hashed again. :laugh:

Duchene, IMO, would be perfect if it weren't for the term on his contract. Yeah, I get Avs fans will say "that's not a big deal", but Friedman also said at the deadline that he thought Duchene would be a Hurricane right now if it wasn't for his contract term.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
You missed the "don't come at them with weak sauce" part and the "if an impact forward is coming back" part from Friedman.

Impact *offensive* forward. I guess technically spooner fits that bill better but I figured krejci was a better player for Carolina. He scored 54 points this year. I don't know who else fits the bill from Boston as fair compensation for hanifin. Vatrano isn't a bad add in either

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Needs to be someone under definite team control for longer than two years (i.e.) not Duchene in my opinion.

Would think MacKinnon is off the table, maybe Winnipeg or Buffalo is willing to move a young forward?

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Hanifin is one of the few commodities out there that I'd be fine with trading Reinhart for. We desperately need a high-quality top pairing LHD.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Goodbye Ebs.....lol.
Honestly will be interesting if anything comes of this.
Canes fans. What is his offensive upside in your opinions?

His upside is through the roof, the only real weakness he has is his shot is a bit of a muffin. He's basically developing on a similar track to what Hedman did.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Impact *offensive* forward. I guess technically spooner fits that bill better but I figured krejci was a better player for Carolina. He scored 54 points this year. I don't know who else fits the bill from Boston as fair compensation for hanifin. Vatrano isn't a bad add in either

Think Pastrnak. The Canes wouldn't want Krejci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad