Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson ‎- Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah I agree that, in terms if this trade being part of an overall strategy, you guys are certainly better by the weekend. Of course, based on what seems to be accurate reporting that Lucic will indeed sign.

Long term, I am not so convinced. But I am biased so there's that.

Truth is, Chia had to roll the dice sometime, because the rinse/repeat routine you guys have suffered through is completely unacceptable.

So all in all, it might make for some fierce Pacific Division games.

Well if the reports are true that RNH would only return Dumba what would others here have done as Oilers GM? Larsson for Hall or RNH for Dumba?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Pretty basic trade that was very predictabke... oikers lose trade which was obvious to everyone that was gonna happen..but they r a better team for it.. Larsson was a good dman lat year and the strides he took were huge.. noone knows how good he will be but it's safe to say the offense won't be high end.. I think vlasic is a great compareable and if he can reach that level woukd be a good deal for oil...now they gotta hope he keeps improving..this was the only shot at a top pairing guy and no they probably couldn't have gotten better for hall.. ballsy move by chia... but a necessary one.. oilers r getting ripped way to hard.. Chia had to make this move due to previous management.. not cause of him

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
If the Devils added a second is this still a **** storm?

If the devils added a protected 1st or 2nd and 4th , it would have been even in my mind but no...............it would be a **** storm no matter if Jesus himself came down from the heavens and blessed this trade for the Oilers.

Haters are gonna hate.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Pretty sure Chia values Draisaitl more than Hall. We had enough surplus to part with one forward, I'm not sure we'll be parting with another, and if we did it would be Nuge or Eberle.

Drai rightfully was held in higher regard by Chia. If it were up to me Eberle would be moved for defensive help and I'd keep RNH at least for one more season, but we'll see what the market bears.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Just accept the Oilers valued Larsson over Hamonic. Like, we get it Hamonic is better and he souldve gotten you guys Hall. Maybe you will get a legit winger to play with Tavares before he bolts next summer.

Sounds more like the Isles took Hamonic off the table after he rescinded his trade request and Chiarelli got desperate and panic traded Hall for any d-man with potential.

Shouldn't have waited on that + when he was available, Pete

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
It'll be weird seeing Hall in a Devils jersey. I think the Oilers definitely overpaid, but Larsson isn't a plug.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Oilers got handled in this trade, their fans know it and everyone in the hockey world knows it, minus Chiarelli

SouthWest

Apr 16, 2013
Canada
If the devils added a protected 1st or 2nd and 4th , it would have been even in my mind but no...............it would be a **** storm no matter if Jesus himself came down from the heavens and blessed this trade for the Oilers.

Haters are gonna hate.

Exactly how I think as well. And picks are over rated.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Drai rightfully was held in higher regard by Chia. If it were up to me Eberle would be moved for defensive help and I'd keep RNH at least for one more season, but we'll see what the market bears.

I'd probably do the same, but I also don't know if a forwards being dealt. When you factor in expansion I think we'd need to be sending picks and prospects for a D or adding a D to that. If management is as high on Davidson as a lot of us are then I don't think he's willing to take the risk of losing him for nothing.

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
Larsson is younger and cheaper (IIRC) and has had less injuries (again IIRC). That said Hamonic is tougher. The added bonus with Larsson is that he is a Swede and should be a great partner for Klefbom.

exactly this. Imagine we still trade for Brodin/Dumba? Davidson/Nurse as your 5/6. Swedes run a mobile defense line to maintain offense. I find it funny Hall didn't fetch PK Subban. But I still think we won. I hated that Subban contract. and I can remember people calling Larssen "the next Nick Lidstrom".... 4.2AAV isn't all bad. That's close to what we would have had to pay Justin Schultz... Bye Hall! I hope you turn out to be better than Phil Kessel!

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
he basically said that hamonic was still very open to heading out west. The offseason isn't over yet so for all you know hamonic could still be traded elsewhere.

Fwiw i did have another source tell me that hall would be traded and that we were going to push hard for lucic so it's worth listening to people and seeing how things play out when you are a mod.

If Snow wouldn't part with Hamonic for Hall, Hamonic is not getting traded. Hamonic is as untouchable to the Isles right now as McDavid is to the Oilers - absolutely nothing is going to convince their GM to part with the player.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Sounds more like the Isles took Hamonic off the table after he rescinded his trade request and Chiarelli got desperate and panic traded Hall for any d-man with potential.

Shouldn't have waited on that + when he was available, Pete

Considering we have it on good authority that Edmonton was making a serious push for Subban and they backed off because of the astronomical price, it's far more likely that Chiarelli made this trade because it was the only reasonable one available and he had to:

- Do something about the D
- Clear cap space

He did what had to be done and is now being crucified by people seemingly very happy about having great players lead their team to the bottom of the standings multiple years row.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Hahahahaha. What a terrible trade for Edmonton. Did they even bother calling any other team? Could've gotten someone better like Tanev.

And on top of that they are close to signing Lucic for 7 years. Boy is that contract going to be terrible. :laugh::laugh:

You might end up forking out that same contract for Ladd. Nobody knows how many years Lucic is getting, just that he turned down 4 year from LA. Perhaps wait and see what happens on July 1st.

I do find it humorous that a lot of the worst comments/post are coming from the Nucks fans. This is a team in no position to gloat.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well if the reports are true that RNH would only return Dumba what would others here have done as Oilers GM? Larsson for Hall or RNH for Dumba?

I can't imagine that Fletcher would've offered only Dumba for RNH.

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land

If Snow wouldn't part with Hamonic for Hall, Hamonic is not getting traded. Hamonic is as untouchable to the Isles right now as McDavid is to the Oilers - absolutely nothing is going to convince their GM to part with the player.

Isn't that their newsbeat guy? I would rather listen to what Joey Moss has to say.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Didn't Hall win MVP that Mem cup and have 2 blowout wins against Hamonic?

The last important game Hall has played in his career :( I'm sure he'll get into the playoffs with the Devils, though. They actually know what they're doing.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
We need a poll.... As of right now... who would you rather have on your team? Taylor Hall or Shea Weber?

I easily vote for Hall due to age and contract. That said if winning in the next few season's in the goal, Weber holds more value. He's still a #1 defenceman.

DaDucks*

So in the future, next time we make trade proposals for Edmonton forwards, let's try to "adjust" our expectations on what would really be accepted, thx oiler fans.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I compared this trade earlier today to a campfire being partially diarrhea crapped out, so no, I don't like this trade in the slightest.

But u gotta agree it gives then a better chance of being a better team no? Then how can oil fans hate it so much? Hall was so overrated it isn't even funNY anymkre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia