Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
An absolutely horrendous trade. One for the history books for sure.

I mean it becomes even more ugly when you look at Larsson's stats for this year and in general his entire career.

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 5.35.49 PM.png

I'm sorry but those aren't the stats of a defender that you trade a star forward for. If anything a more even trade for Taylor Hall would have been someone like 24 year old Morgan Rielly, for arguments sake compare his numbers.

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 5.30.02 PM.png

That would have been a FAIR trade. Larsson hasn't met expectations whatsoever for a 4th overall pick. Now for the grand finale lets take a quick peak at Taylor Hall's current season.

Hall :
Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 5.32.57 PM.png

My God this might be a top 10 worst trade of all time.

Allhailtheleafs

Feb 18, 2018
I love the Morgan Reilly comparison. He's been an extremely underrated player his whole career. He's just hitting his pime. Off topic, but imagine the oilers if they still had hall and Eberle.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i'm sticking with my 'worst trade of the past 20 years' distinction. and yes, i'm well aware of erat-forsberg

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016

I mean it becomes even more ugly when you look at Larsson's stats for this year and in general his entire career.

View attachment 110419

I'm sorry but those aren't the stats of a defender that you trade a star forward for. If anything a more even trade for Taylor Hall would have been someone like 24 year old Morgan Rielly, for arguments sake compare his numbers.

View attachment 110415

That would have been a FAIR trade. Larsson hasn't met expectations whatsoever for a 4th overall pick. Now for the grand finale lets take a quick peak at Taylor Hall's current season.

Hall :
View attachment 110417

Do you even leafs?

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Still think Weber/Subban could end up being worse in the long run, but yea, amazing that these 2 trades happened at the same time. A pair of all timers.

Also not at all surprising which teams involved in these trades are going to the playoffs and which ones aren't.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

View attachment 110419

View attachment 110415

Hall :
View attachment 110417

Points aren't really the point though, Larsson was supposed to be something of a ME Vlasic or Chris Tanev type defensive dman.

I kind of feel here though that the trade is made worse than it is by holding it up as the pinnacle of a bunch of bad moves (Reinhart, Lucic, Strome, Russel) that have tanked the Oilers after a promising season last year.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
lol @ Chiarelli. What a g**f. At least he owes Oiler fans an apology for this turd of a season. Guy has been MIA for most of the season, takes no accountability for his actions. He is in one of the worlds best hockey markets having one of the worst seasons as a GM and cant be seen anywhere. I wonder if he thinks he is going to get away with this and everything will be forgotten..... only to come back during the NHL awards show when Hall walks up to give his MVP acceptance speech....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad