NJ Hfboards Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Keeper League Discussion)

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Given the growing reserve list, is there any consideration being given to expansion? It could severely impact off-season trade decisions if we might need to account for anything other than the status-quo protections, or evaluation of the calibre of player that will be available at the draft when evaluating pick acquisitions.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Given the growing reserve list, is there any consideration being given to expansion? It could severely impact off-season trade decisions if we might need to account for anything other than the status-quo protections, or evaluation of the calibre of player that will be available at the draft when evaluating pick acquisitions.

We can try it again but it didn't work well the first time. We had six teams not continue after 1 year. Even in the 12 team league we always seem to have people drop out. Also the last time we tried an 8 team playoff system, the bottom 8 teams didn't get to play a 'consolation' playoffs. I like the idea of the bottom teams playing for the right to pick first in the next draft.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
League has been renewed.
Those you played last season but don't want to go on this upcoming season, please let me know and I will assign your team to someone else.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I've added hits as a scoring category this season as previously discussed.

Draft date is tentatively set for Saturday 30 September at night. Keeper deadline a week before. If that draft date isn't good for you, let me know in this forum. If there is a consensus, I can change the day & time.

Since we do have a shortlist of people wanting to play, I'll reach out to everyone who played last season by PM if they want to continue.

Again if you let me know in this forum thread that you don't want to play as soon as possible. I can reassign your team to someone else.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm in for next season.

Do you have the team lists by any chance again? I forgot who was on my team.

We are replacing blocks with hits correct?

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I'm in for next season.

Do you have the team lists by any chance again? I forgot who was on my team.

We are replacing blocks with hits correct?
Blocks is still there. Hits is a new category.

You should be able to navigate to your team to see last years roster. It works on the desktop but on the app, it may not work.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Can I get on the waiting list?

I'll add you on and will seriously think about setting up a 2nd league.

I think it maybe a little difficult to add new teams to the existing keeper league. Not saying it can't be done, it is just that the new teams would be behind the 8-ball with regards to talent already drafted. All the best are already gone.

If we do add more teams, the draft will be a little different, in that the new teams will get first crack at building their team for the first rounds, before the existing teams come in. I think that is probably the only fair way to do it. But we will see what everyone else thinks.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
So I can't keep both Rask and Darling?

If the best goalie you're losing is Darling, you're doing fine.

I've gotta turf Price or Jones.
Henrique stands to lose Allen or Gibson.
Luka's losing Rinne or Crawford.
JW gets to keep just one of Dubnyk, Bishop, and Vasililevskiy.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I am letting go of Bobrovsky because my man love for Cory Schneider is too strong.

If anyone wants Bob make me an offer.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Can you see in advance of the keeper deadline which and how many teams haven't set keepers? The "Last League Activity" column of the managers page clearly isn't useful for this. Should we 'check in' that we've set our keepers so you can detect any managers who have gone AWOL in time to have a substitute take over?

I have set my keepers. And set them again. And again. Still waffling between whether Subban, Letang, or Hoffman should get my last slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad