NJ Hfboards Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Keeper League Discussion)

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
NJ Hfboards Yahoo Fantasy Hockey 2021-22 (Keeper League Discussion)

OK folks, I've set up a new fantasy hockey league for this board. This time it will be a keeper league.

League Name: NJ HFB KHL

Settings:
C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, U, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+

Stats:
G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, BLK, HIT, SOG, FW, W, GAA, SV, SV%

Teams:
12 Teams max.

Keeper Rules:
- 5 players to keep at end of the season, Only 1 goaltender allowed to keep;
- Snake Draft;
- Draft order (for next season) will be determined as follows. Winner of the league (playoffs) will pick 12th; 2nd in the league will pick 11th and so for until pick 7th. To discourage tanking, 1st overall pick will go the the winner of the consolation playoffs (ie 7th place finish), 2nd in the consolation playoffs with pick 2nd overall (i.e 8th place finish) and so for until pick 6th (12th place finish).
- Player trading and draft pick trading is encouraged. The first five picks in the draft are designated for keeper players. Therefore if you want to trade a 'first round pick' in next year draft, you would select 6th round pick. For those whom are trading draft picks, you need to get a pick in return so each team will have the same amount of draft picks for next years draft.
I.e. At the trade deadline, if you want to trade next years first round pick for Jack Hughes, then you need to also get a pick from the team that is offering Hughes for your first rounder.

Please only sign up if you are a committed player for the season!
If circumstances change, and you want to leave the league, please let me know and I will organize a new player to take control of your team.

Invited Teams 21-22 (Team Name - Hfboards user id)
1. Peter Sidorkiewicz - Peter Sidorkiewicz
2. Rented Mule - south jersey devil
3. Just Win - Just Win
4. HBK27 - HBK27
5. billingtons ghost - billingtons ghost
6. tmg - tmg
7. Concussion Junction - Henry Killinger
8. KovalchukFistPump -KovalchukFistPump
9. Number 1 Team - MakoSlade
10. Billdo - Billdo
11. Pops Freshenmeyer - Pops Freshenmeyer
12. Book him Dano - SJinNewJersey

League Commissioner: @Pops Freshenmeyer

Board Champions:
2014-15 @Just Win
2015-16 @Peter Sidorkiewicz
2016-17 @Zippy316
2017-18 @billingtons ghost
2018-19 @Wingman77
2019-20 @Wingman77
2020-21 @Pops Freshenmeyer
2021-22 @billingtons ghost
2022-23 @billingtons ghost
2023-24 @billingtons ghost

Last edited:

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
Count me in.

That suggested format sounds good to me.

Wouldn't mind a 2nd league as a keeper league.

Just please keep in mind to at least try to have the draft at a reasonable time. I'm in Europe. 6 hourse ahead of most of you guys. :)

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I signed up if you'll have me. I've been only an occasional poster here for the past decade but I'm always attentive to my fantasy teams (I'm heading into the seventh season of a 20-team keeper on another system; have won it twice).

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
We have 12 teams already after just a couple of days of being open.
I've increased the max teams to 14, to give more people a chance to sign up on this board.
The draft is over a month away so there is still plenty of time before season starts. I hope the draft time isn't too late for our European friends.

If another 2 sign up quickly, I will increase the max teams again to 16.
The top 8 would make the playoffs to battle for title, and the bottom 6 (or 8, if we get 16 teams) will battle it out for the first overall pick in next years draft.

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
Can you remove "gw b ball's team"? My mom-in-law forgot to sign out of yahoo and I just signed her up in the league. :laugh:

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
I would like to join if there are any spots available, my e-mail is:

barca_pint at Yahoo.

If you get enough interest would you consider two leagues? 12 teams is nice, but 14 gets real thin, especially in Hockey.

Semak

Yeah I flaked on the signing so it filled up. If you do a second one, I'll get in on that.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I have changed the max teams settings to 16 team which will remain as is going forward - so there are 3 teams still available.

I think 16 is a good number because I want every team having the chance to play in the playoffs, whether it be the top 8 going for the title and bragging rights on this board, or the bottom 8 going for 1st overall pick in next years draft (a chance at McDavid or Eichel).

Can I get all who have signed up thus far to identify what your team name is so I can update the OP.

Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad