NJ Hfboards Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Keeper League Discussion)

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I like that. The other keeper I'm in keeps all its roster information in a shared Google Docs spreadsheet (and transactions in a forum thread), and as a result allows trades all summer long (except in the short window between finalizing keepers and the draft - mostly allows maneuvering to move around potential keepers and swap draft picks).

I've got 3 of the top 10 ranked goalies this season (Price Jones Anderson) so yeah, if I can, I probably should be moving a goalie or two. In a 12 team league that protects one goalie per team, all three of those goalies should be protected on three different teams.

Last edited:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I could get behind the google docs idea, would be a nice concise way that everyone can access the league info over the summer.

While we're at it, I'm definitely protecting Holtby. Likely doing the same for Hedman and Toews, not really locked into anyone else though.

Also, are we sticking with the blocks category instead of hits for next year?

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Draft order for next season:
1. Number 1 Team
2. Wingman 77
3. Concussion Junction
4. Henrique It's Over
5. OmNomNom
6. Nico Nico Precure
7. Feed Me A Stray Cat
8. Just Win
9. Billingtons Ghost
10. Tmg
11. Peter Sidorkiewicz
12. Pucks and rec

Off-season trades are to be posted in this thread. Along with a keeper list. This will help me when I set rosters for next season.

Every season we appear to have 1 or 2 managers that don't want to play on next season. We had manager that last league activity was in December and another in January. So if you no longer have interest in playing next season, please let me know and I can transfer the team to a new manager.

Last edited:

Henry Killinger

Sep 25, 2006
Roanoke, VA
Every season we appear to have 1 or 2 managers that don't want to play on next season. We had manager that last league activity was in December and another in January. So if you no longer have interest in playing next season, please let me know and I can transfer the team to a new manager.

Wow, that's messed up. I was an active manage all season and still had the 3rd worst team!

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Off-season trades are to be posted in this thread. Along with a keeper list. This will help me when I set rosters for next season.

Is there any sort of keeper deadline in sight? Or will that be in the late-summer after Yahoo has launched?

Teams in need of a goalie, talk to me. Price, Anderson, and Jones are my three goalies, and I can only keep one. Obviously if no moves are made I keep Price, but I am willing to move Price (in a big deal) and keep Jones as my protected goalie.

Skaters of protection relevance include Tavares, Kessel, Pacioretty, Hoffman, Turris, and Subban. All but off-year Subban were top-48 skaters this season, so in a league where we collectively protect 48 skaters (as we likely do, 12 teams protect 5 players each but likely one goalie for each team), those five forwards should all be above our free agent pool line.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Keeper deadline will be annouced when Yahoo opens next season but it is usually 2 weeks before the season starts with the draft 1 week before the season starts.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Still haven't decided on my keepers but here is my roster in case anyone is interested in a trade. Bolded are likely keepers, but nothing solid so far.

C: Toews, Backlund, Krejci, T. Johnson, Point (RW)
RW: Pastrnak, Atkinson, Neal
LW/RW: Voracek, Ehlers, Drouin
D: Hedman, Ristolainen, Shattenkirk, Chara
G: Holtby, Quick, Ward

Quick, Shattenkirk, Voracek, Ehlers, Atkinson, and Pastrnak are probably the attractive pieces.

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Draft order for next season:
1. Number 1 Team
2. Wingman 77
3. Concussion Junction
4. Henrique It's Over
5. OmNomNom
6. Luka's Team
7. Feed Me A Stray Cat
8. Just Win
9. Billingtons Ghost
10. Tmg
11. Peter Sidorkiewicz
12. Pucks and rec

Wow, I won the Nolan Patrick sweepstakes! How exciting...

I have to make the draft this year. Auto draft gave me Nash and Miller two years running. Unacceptable.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Any way we could add hits next year and still leave blocks there?

I think it doesn't hurt to add a 13th category in hits. The only thing that would like to propose if we do this is to increase the starting roster by 1 or 2 by introducing a util slot that you can play either a forward or defenseman.

Please put let me know thoughts about adjusting the roster spots and scoring categories. If we get unanimous support, i will implement for start of next season.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think it doesn't hurt to add a 13th category in hits. The only thing that would like to propose if we do this is to increase the starting roster by 1 or 2 by introducing a util slot that you can play either a forward or defenseman.

Please put let me know thoughts about adjusting the roster spots and scoring categories. If we get unanimous support, i will implement for start of next season.

I wouldn't adjust the rosters at all. I would just be curious if anyone thinks this starts to marginalize the goalies effect on the match-up.

All this would really do would just put more value on a guy like Gudas or forward like Simmonds and make physical defenders a bit more valuable, especially those who rack up PIM and blocks as well.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
I am not really a fan of adding another skater stat, i like the current balance between goalie and skater stats. But what about adding hits and getting rid of PIM instead? I simply dislike that penalties are considered valuable. The idea of a utility player slot sounds good to me. Anything that encourages actively managing your team is good in my book.

Can we also change that the winner of the rather pointless 5th place matchup get punished with a lower draft pick? FMASC obviously did the right thing against me under the current rules by sitting his best players all week...

Keepers:
Granlund, Wheeler, Dubnyk

I haven't really decided on the other 2 keepers but probably Getzlaf and Weber/Suter make the most sense. My keeper list is also rather sad. I guess that is what you get for never having a high pick.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I am not really a fan of adding another skater stat, i like the current balance between goalie and skater stats. But what about adding hits and getting rid of PIM instead? I simply dislike that penalties are considered valuable. The idea of a utility player slot sounds good to me. Anything that encourages actively managing your team is good in my book.

Can we also change that the winner of the rather pointless 5th place matchup get punished with a lower draft pick? FMASC obviously did the right thing against me under the current rules by sitting his best players all week...

Keepers:
Granlund, Wheeler, Dubnyk

I haven't really decided on the other 2 keepers but probably Getzlaf and Weber/Suter make the most sense. My keeper list is also rather sad. I guess that is what you get for never having a high pick.

Agree fully with the first paragraph. Hits for PIM makes far more sense, have never really been a fan of PIM in fantasy hockey leagues to begin with.

As far as the UTIL player goes, would prefer that we keep the current forward/defense/goaltending roster spots as is, don't see the need for a UTIL spot.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Agree fully with the first paragraph. Hits for PIM makes far more sense, have never really been a fan of PIM in fantasy hockey leagues to begin with.

As far as the UTIL player goes, would prefer that we keep the current forward/defense/goaltending roster spots as is, don't see the need for a UTIL spot.

I'm all for this.

Hits instead of PIM makes a ton of sense. PIM was basically whoever got lucky that weak that their players fought or got ejected. For example, Ristolainen's 5+10 singlehandedly won me the penalty minutes one playoff week.

I'm not a fan of adding a utility spot though. Think the rosters are solid as it is.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Where do I put my name on the waiting list for this league?

Your name is on the list. See OP.

images

right behind mine :P

Just added you as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad